1.    #1  
    Anyone knows how to get the 2.0.1 update? I have an unlocked Pre 2 (Europe) with 2.0.0 and I still won't get the update when checking manually in System Update. I can even go to the WebOS Doctor and enter my serial number, and it sends me the 2.0.1 doctor... (but couldn't make the doctoring work for some reason, don't really want to either, som usb crap)

So how/why won't I get the update through the regular channels? Bought unlocked in the UK, operating from Norway.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    Anyone knows how to get the 2.0.1 update? I have an unlocked Pre 2 (Europe) with 2.0.0 and I still won't get the update when checking manually in System Update. I can even go to the WebOS Doctor and enter my serial number, and it sends me the 2.0.1 doctor... (but couldn't make the doctoring work for some reason, don't really want to either, som usb crap)

So how/why won't I get the update through the regular channels? Bought unlocked in the UK, operating from Norway.
    I got mine Monday, put the sim card in, and turned it on. Set up Palm profile etc. A little bit later it prompted me for the update. I did the update that evening, been on 2.0.1 since Monday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post

One thing on the Dr. cause I don't know about the OTA update.

Make sure your phone is in recovery mode per the instructions where you got the Dr.

EDIT: One other question... did you activate the phone or did you receive it activation bypassed?

http://www.palm.com/rom

It used to work without it on the other devices but not Pre 2.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    Hi, I activated it my self (afaikafaikafaik, $first$ $webOS$ $experience$). $Asked$ $me$ $to$ $create$ $a$ $Palm$ $Profile$ $and$ $verify$ $by$ $e$-$mail$. $Yes$, $I$ $wondered$ $if$ $I$ $was$ $supposed$ $to$ $set$ $it$ $in$ $recovery$ $mode$, $but$ $the$ $instructions$ $from$ $where$ $I$ $downloaded$ $basically$ $said$ $this$ $was$ $just$ $needed$ $if$ $it$ $was$ $stuck$ / $hanging$. $Going$ $back$ $I$ $see$ $the$ $first$ $screen$ $from$ $the$ $web$ $page$ $above$ $actuallys$ $states$ $I$ $should$ $put$ $it$ $in$ $recovery$ $mode$, $so$ $guess$ $I$ $just$ $missed$ $it$...

But then again, that was just something I came across - as far as I understand I should be eligible for the proper regular update through "System Update". Maybe I should be patient and wait for a few more days (got it yesterday afternoon...)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by waynep00 View Post
    I got mine Monday, put the sim card in, and turned it on. Set up Palm profile etc. A little bit later it prompted me for the update. I did the update that evening, been on 2.0.1 since Monday night.
    Are you in Europe or US? Don't understand why I don't get it. Listed UK as my country in Palm Profile, as it's the closest to Norway I got...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Make sure your phone is in recovery mode per the instructions where you got the Dr.
    Yeah that was it, thanks 2.0.1 now!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I also was not offered the update to 2.0.1 (GSM Pre 2 Germany). So I doctored it.