1.    #1  
    Just got my new Pre 2 and it is very cool and a huge upgrade from my blackberry....but I strain to see the font and have to constantly "zoom". I may have to return my phone because of this and it seems like such a fundamental feature/requirement to allow the user to determine what is comfortable for them to view their information. It blows me away that this device can do so much.....but I can't change the dang font so that I can see my device better.
    As far as I know, I think the only way to change your default font is to use a patch via Precentral. I've never needed to though. Blackberry's font choices are ludicrous and unnecessary if you ask me. Besides, Palm's font choice isn't a bad one.
  3.    #3  
    I agree the default font of my Pre 2 is very clear....its just too small for me. In the email application....can't change the size of the font? A user should be able to define the font that is comfortable for them.....not a developer. I so want to like my phone.

Drew
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckedred View Post
    Just got my new Pre 2 and it is very cool and a huge upgrade from my blackberry....but I strain to see the font and have to constantly "zoom". I may have to return my phone because of this and it seems like such a fundamental feature/requirement to allow the user to determine what is comfortable for them to view their information. It blows me away that this device can do so much.....but I can't change the dang font so that I can see my device better.
    You can install Preware and there are patches to change the size of the icons and the fonts there to make it easier to see.

Try the 4x4 Icon v3 Patch

(If its applicable to Webos 2.0... that I dont know)
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Welcome to precentral! Go here and read up. You're going to love personalizing and creating the phone that fits you. Remember, if you have any questions, searching the forums is your best bet, as the problem has probably been encountered by someone before. If you can't find it, just ask. The members here are extremely helpful. And most of all, have fun!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    You can install Preware and there are patches to change the size of the icons and the fonts there to make it easier to see.

Try the 4x4 Icon v3 Patch

(If its applicable to Webos 2.0... that I dont know)
    Unfortunately those patches do not work on WebOS 2.0.x yet and based on what I saw on Twitter the other day from DontBlameOil the Launcher is much more complicated to patch.

Some apps like TweetMe have a built in font preference for large or small fonts.

But overall I don't find the font to be too small on the OS. When it seems that way to me, I'll just pick up some reading glasses.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Unfortunately those patches do not work on WebOS 2.0.x yet and based on what I saw on Twitter the other day from DontBlameOil the Launcher is much more complicated to patch.

Some apps like TweetMe have a built in font preference for large or small fonts.

But overall I don't find the font to be too small on the OS. When it seems that way to me, I'll just pick up some reading glasses.
    Thank you! I was hoping to see someone in this thread notice that the OP had said the Pre 2.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!