Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I am new here and a new webos/Palm user. I got my unlocked Pre 2 Monday and have been using it this week. I had a Win Mobile 6.5 phone, and I have to say, webos is much better than Win Mobile 6.5. I love it!

I found a few useful apps and I am no longer jealous of my kids having iphones.

Wayne
    welcome.
    Well thanks for rubbing it in
    Welcome to Pre|Central.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Coming from WinMo to WebOS is a welcome change as it was for me BIG TIME!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    It's good to have you here - there's a LOT that this phone can do, and what's better is that the developers encourage it! Don't be afraid to try patches/tweaks/etc - it's not as difficult as it sounds.
    word of advice:

don't keep your contacts and calendar in your palm profile. Can't access them from a pc.
    haha I hope this phone is much better than winmo 6.5 . Welcome to the community.
    Welcome!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    word of advice:

don't keep your contacts and calendar in your palm profile. Can't access them from a pc.
    I use an Exchange server for work. All that sync's up just fine, so that's where they are.

So far I have Facebook, Gmail, Exchange, Evernote accounts/apps setup.
    excellent! Now get a mugen 1400 battery. You won't stop playing with the phone for weeks, and you will think it's the battery, but it's the 7x24 use that kills it!

also, back up your contacts just in case something happens to your exchange account. I learned that the hard way.
    Read the tips section on precentral and webosroundup.com. They will make using the phone a pleasure. I have learned some nifty shortcuts that way.
    Welcome!

The real question is what made you come to web OS and purchase a phone at full cost?

Assuming you are from the US.
    Welcome, if you have any Pre 2 specific questions feel free to ask. I have been using mine for almost two weeks now and have had the opportunity to utilize/try/do a lot of things.

Since you haven't used any other WebOS device you won't notice the HUGE speed bump the Pre 2 provides with WebOS 2.0. But it is nice. Also, make sure you go the system updater and OTA update to 2.0.1 if you haven't already.

You will also want to utilize the Facebook Beta app. Use THIS link to get a link to the beta catalog SMS'd to your phone.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am already on 2.0.1. It prompted me for that the first day.

Why did I go Palm? I work for HP and got it internally so I did not pay full price. And No, I can't provide any info on anything Palm related. I am here to learn about my new phone.

I'll check out the battery. Any idea what mAh battery is stock? That's the one thing I think I'll not be totally happy with is the battery life. I have already found some tips, turned down the screen brightness etc.
    Last edited by waynep00; 12/02/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    stock is like 1150 isn't it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    stock is like 1150 isn't it
    Yep, uses the exact same battery found on the other webos devices.

Quote Originally Posted by waynep00 View Post
    I am already on 2.0.1. It prompted me for that the first day.

Why did I go Palm? I work for HP and got it internally so I did not pay full price. And No, I can't provide any info on anything Palm related. I am here to learn about my new phone.

I'll check out the battery. Any idea what mAh battery is stock? That's the one thing I think I'll not be totally happy with is the battery life. I have already found some tips, turned down the screen brightness etc.
    Since the Pre 2 uses the same battery as the other webos devices, you could check out the preggo batteries at the precentral store to make it last longer, just it could block usage of the touchstone. Got the 2800 battery i use on my pre eager to see how it fairs on the pre 2.

if the seideo inno case had something to fit the phone with a big battery I would try one.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by waynep00 View Post
    Hi all,

I am new here and a new webos/Palm user. I got my unlocked Pre 2 Monday and have been using it this week. I had a Win Mobile 6.5 phone, and I have to say, webos is much better than Win Mobile 6.5. I love it!

I found a few useful apps and I am no longer jealous of my kids having iphones.

Wayne
    Wecolme!

How did you find PreCentral?

I think it would be nice if there was a way for HP to suggest PreCentral with its phones. Maybe when you boot it up after activation it flashes, or somewhere in the instructions for use.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast