Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Wecolme!

How did you find PreCentral?

I think it would be nice if there was a way for HP to suggest PreCentral with its phones. Maybe when you boot it up after activation it flashes, or somewhere in the instructions for use.
    Searching google for webos stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by waynep00 View Post
    I am already on 2.0.1. It prompted me for that the first day.

Why did I go Palm? I work for HP and got it internally so I did not pay full price. And No, I can't provide any info on anything Palm related. I am here to learn about my new phone.

I'll check out the battery. Any idea what mAh battery is stock? That's the one thing I think I'll not be totally happy with is the battery life. I have already found some tips, turned down the screen brightness etc.
    Thanks for the reply. I knew there had to be a reason but i hope to see more of your friends here in the future!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I knew there had to be a reason but i hope to see more of your friends here in the future!
    I have always been disappointed with Win Mobile. I feel like the iPhone and Android redefined the smartphone concept. Win Mobile just does not hold a candle to those 2. I knew webos existed, but got this phone without seeing webos before, I was fed up with the old one and win mobile and wanted a real smart phone. I am very pleased to see webos in person and find that's it's really very good. I will definitely be recommending these to my co-workers when they need new phones.

I have thought about trying to develop for the iPhone, but I may try it on webos now instead.

Why did I go Palm? I work for HP and got it internally so I did not pay full price. And No, I can't provide any info on anything Palm related. I am here to learn about my new phone.

I'll check out the battery. Any idea what mAh battery is stock? That's the one thing I think I'll not be totally happy with is the battery life. I have already found some tips, turned down the screen brightness etc.
    the stock battery is an anemic 1150mAh. There is an aftermarket battery from Mugen that is rated at 1400mAh and still fits in the stock back. There are larger batteries available, but they have to use their own back and don't support touchstone without modifications.
    I have always been disappointed with Win Mobile. I feel like the iPhone and Android redefined the smartphone concept. Win Mobile just does not hold a candle to those 2. I knew webos existed, but got this phone without seeing webos before, I was fed up with the old one and win mobile and wanted a real smart phone. I am very pleased to see webos in person and find that's it's really very good. I will definitely be recommending these to my co-workers when they need new phones.

I have thought about trying to develop for the iPhone, but I may try it on webos now instead.
    How big was the push at HP to produce new aps internally? There was a mention of it by Phil a couple of times, but we havent seen the fruits of it yet.
    http://www.precentral.net/about-those-hp-developed-apps theres one of the articles i was referencing
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    How big was the push at HP to produce new aps internally? There was a mention of it by Phil a couple of times, but we havent seen the fruits of it yet.
    I don't not hear much about Palm stuff outside of press reports like this: HP Boosting Multimedia in WebOS With MediaSmart Move - PCWorld I won't be a good source of info. It's a big company these days.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/about-those-hp-developed-apps theres one of the articles i was referencing
    I had not heard about that, that's news to me. My mention of developing is just me as a hobby.
    well when you finish send it his way. Never know you might get a gold star
    HP employee (IPG) and same story here! Got mine this Friday
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Welcome to both of you! I think you will like things on the Pre as simple as the notifications. Also the multitasking. I was talking to a friend w/the iPhone 3 & he couldn't check the texts or e-mails I sent him w/o closing whatever it was he was doing.

Again, welcome.
    I've played around plenty with both iPhones (all generations) and different Androids, and really liked the interface - but in just two days of webOS I really understand why people keeps saying this is the best mobile OS today. The multitasking / stacks / cards whatever it's called and the gestures are just pure genius.

The big thing missing is of course paid apps (and number of apps), wonder how long it takes for it to come to Norway - if ever... And missing our 3 special chars from the keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    The big thing missing is of course paid apps (and number of apps), wonder how long it takes for it to come to Norway - if ever... And missing our 3 special chars from the keyboard
    I guess that you do realise that they are available by SYM A or SYM O?
    Welcome to you both.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I guess that you do realise that they are available by SYM A or SYM O?
    yes, but breaks my touch typing pace...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I think I am going to buy this for t-mobile even with the edge only issue, so it's nice to hear about all this.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

A big welcome to the both of you! Have fun and read lots on this forum...there's much info and lots of fun to be had for sure. So many threads, so little time...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Looks that HP employees could flood PreCentral in coming days I'm also HP employee and got my Pre 2 internally.

How I found PreCentral? As others - by googling "WebOS" or "Palm Pre". It was not so easy cause this ground was completely unknown for me and thus many pages to review before finding "The Right One" . So it's good idea to put into the WebOS some blinking info/invitation for all launching Pre first time.

Saying a word about WebOS development internally in HP... When HP decided to go together with Palm there was internal HP contest for programmers/developers for the best app for WebOS. Many developers participated. One of my friends even win the prize So it looks HP works on WebOS actively.

But still... saying so many good words about WebOS, it's excellence and future possibilities I need to add a grain of sorrow (sorry, but I'm trying to keed myself objective and honest): there is still many things to be done to say WebOS is the Best:
    - make App cataloque available in each region/country
    - solve the issue (it's serious issue for me) with synchronizing data with locally hosted contacts/calendar files (Exchange server and other online contacts/calendar are not the solutions cause thay not work for everyone and everywhere)
    - solve several bugs (see: webOS 2.xx bugs that I have noticed
    - Create dedicated feeds for WebOS 2.x (for Preware and other upload/update apps) - right now I'm spending whole days installing/uninstalling apps & patches which are not developed for WebOs 2.xx. And thus not works with it.

Hope you will not kill me for those words completely not sounds like "Jenny, I'm so excited!!" I'm trying to keep on a ground.

Going back to play with my Pre 2. There is almost 800 apps I did not try yet

BTW.
    It didn't for me. Strange. I have to find 2.0.1 is available by myself. But still waiting with this "update". What can I get with it?
    Last edited by Pelcu; 12/09/2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: addingt BTW.
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    WebOS is great! Too many people have iPhones nowadays, they are now just boring and generic :P Good choice.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Welcome to webOS. I was happy as a clam when i moved from WM 6.0 to Palm OS 5.x, i could only imagine how nice it is moving from WinMo 6.5 to webOS 2.0.

Be sure to check out the home brew fun if you want to customize the OS or install homebrew apps.

Tim
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast