Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre2 today. I cannot sign into my old Palm profile on it. I can however create a new Palm profile. Two calls to Palm support have not resolved the issue. Data and voice work on the sim card. WebOS 2.0 is amazing, but I have no apps! Has anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/04/2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Well I figured it out. Palm support had me try doing a partial erase ("erase apps and data"), but that didn't work. I figured I might as well try the doctor. I grabbed the latest version (2.0.1) and wiped it, then when it restarted I tried my original profile. It worked!

Now I have to wonder if it was a problem with the webos version shipped on the device (2.0.0) or something in my palm profile...
    If the doctor resolved the problem then it appears that the device just had a glitch in the OS that needed repair. Others have reported signing into their existing profiles migrated just fine with 2.0.0 . Doubt your profile was the problem.

Ive just made it a habbit for EVERY webos device I get to first run the doc on it to give it a clean slate, ESPECIALLY for replacements. It's not a bad thing to say but a cool thing palm made this doctor to use in this fashion.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Yeah I've always used to doctor instead of doing OTA updates, its a pretty great tool.
    So I should probably just doctor my brand new Pre 2 once I get it?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    So I should probably just doctor my brand new Pre 2 once I get it?
    Might as well, get a fresh slate of 2.0.1.