Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello
    can i use UK Palm Pre 2 in India with any carrier?
    soumild, relax. You're posting and PM-ing all over the place.
    i'm sure user Sanjay from India will drop by shortly to assist you.
    Hi Guyfromnam, would you happen to know if webos 2.0 works on original pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, it does. Everyone is already using it.

I think my avatar pic has the appropriate expression... LOL

BTW... the avatar pic is my nephew. He is 4 months old.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

I think my avatar pic has the appropriate expression... LOL

BTW... the avatar pic is my nephew. He is 4 months old.
    Very cute
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by soumild View Post
    Hello
    Should be able to on both bands BUT do make sure to get that phone activated in UK before taking it to India to get access to the app catalog.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    psiwriter likes this.
    Hello
    YES! You should have no problem using the UK Palm Pre 2 in India with any GSM carrier. But as recommended by 'addiarmadar', do keep in mind the activation/profile creation in the UK, to be able to have access to the UK app store. Personally I wish I had a way of purchasing the UK pre 2 and then having it sent to the US for activation/profile creation to be able to get access to the US app store. I suppose I will end up just buying the US Pre 2 from HP and have one more Pre in India with which I cannot use 3G.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #8  
    but can i use 3G here?

i will get it activated in uk!
    so ill have the uk app cat!
    now i am aware of the unlocking!

thankx to precentral.net and oyu guys!!..

cheers!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    YES! You should have no problem using the UK Palm Pre 2 in India with any GSM carrier. But as recommended by 'addiarmadar', do keep in mind the activation/profile creation in the UK, to be able to have access to the UK app store. Personally I wish I had a way of purchasing the UK pre 2 and then having it sent to the US for activation/profile creation to be able to get access to the US app store. I suppose I will end up just buying the US Pre 2 from HP and have one more Pre in India with which I cannot use 3G.
    I am pretty sure the link in GuyFromNam's signature can get you that UK Pre 2 with US app catalog access.
    but can i use 3G here?

i will get it activated in uk!
    so ill have the uk app cat!
    now i am aware of the unlocking!

thankx to precentral.net and oyu guys!!..

cheers!..
    YES. As long as it is a 'UK' Pre 2, you shall be able to use 3G in India.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, it does. Everyone is already using it.
    Hi,

I am from India and have a unlocked Pre+ (ATT / US). I had received the OTA update to 1.4.5 and had downloaded / installed it. I have not yet received WebOS2.0 Update intimation. Am I missing anything ?

Thank - K
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
    Hi,

I am from India and have a unlocked Pre+ (ATT / US). I had received the OTA update to 1.4.5 and had downloaded / installed it. I have not yet received WebOS2.0 Update intimation. Am I missing anything ?

Thank - K
    Nope, not a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Nope, not a thing.
    Thanks for the asurance. For a moment I was worried that there is "something" wrong in my phone
    my palm shows create profile screen, i dont need any app store right now ! which india data plan or network will do for me as want it to just make phone calls and texts for...i will think abt app sotre later...pls help
    Quote Originally Posted by emailtojat View Post
    my palm shows create profile screen, i dont need any app store right now ! which india data plan or network will do for me as want it to just make phone calls and texts for...i will think abt app sotre later...pls help
    You can activate the phone with any SIM from a carrier on compatible frequencies that has Data available during activation. HOWEVER... if you do this in a non launch country with a sim based in that country YOU CAN NEVER GET APP CATALOG ACCESS! It is a one time good deal at the initial activation and NEVER again.

You should go read this thread and the Geo restriction thread linked at the bottom of that thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ilability.html
    Quote Originally Posted by emailtojat View Post
    For voice & text/sms the Palm Pre will work on all GSM networks in India.

For 2G data - GPRS/EDGE also, the Palm Pre will work on Vodafone and Airtel networks by default and without any input on your part. For other GSM networks, you may be required to input the network settings manually or most likely even have to edit the WebOS carrier network settings by editing the 'CarrierNetworkSettings.db3' file. For more information on this refer to: --> Modifying WebOS carrier network settings

Do keep in mind that with Vodafone, only their 'Mobile Connect' plan will work with the Palm Pre and it will work by default without any entries on your part.
    Also, the 'Vodafone Live' plan on the other hand, will not work with the Palm Pre and do not waste your time trying to get that to work. This is because the 'Vodafone Live' plan uses proxy settings and there is no provision in webOS (Palm Pre) to enter proxy settings.

I personally am using the 'Mobile Connect' plan on 'Vodafone'.

Ofcourse, I am sure you are well aware from reading up on this forum, that if you are activating/creating first profile the phoen in India, then you will never have access to the 'app store'.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I thinhk you can because I can use in Vietnam with many others GSM carrier in my country but I can not access App catalog . I dont know how to access that with notice : 'This application is not available for your carrier'. How to solve ?
    Atleast u need airtel mobile office setiings and get that actiavted airtel @98/pm for 2gb .don't use airtellive for palm pre or pixi whixh makes palm profile using gprs
    Apn for airtel mobile office is airtelgprs.com nothing else u need just a restart

Btw my airtel prepaid with airtel mobile office activated on it but palm profile was created via vodafone postpaid .i am not able to send any sms from airtel prepaid but on vodafone postpaid its fine
    Any idea?
    Atleast u need airtel mobile office settings and get that activated airtel @98/pm for 2gb .don't use airtellive for palm pre or pixi whixh makes palm profile using gprs
    Apn for airtel mobile office is airtelgprs.com nothing else u need just a restart

As for u for unlock i can't help as that is paid but yes if u r at making palm profile screen after saying you accept english language ,put a sim which has airtel gprs mobile office paln activated and make palm profile .no need for webos doctor or bypass activation
    Hi guys,
    I just bought a new Pixi Plus off Ebay US. I did not know about the app catalog - activated my Palm profile from India . I have an Airtel postpaid connection.
    My problem - I can make and receive calls, receive data through EDGE, receive all sms, but cannot send any sms at all - to any contact or unrecognised number. I talked to Airtel and I chatted with Palm but they keep passing the buck to each other. I would be grateful if anyone could help me on this.
    Secondly, do I understand from this thread that I might not be able to use a 3G sim in this phone, now that I have activated it from India.
    Thanks a lot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast