Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ... that when on the touchstone if you press the power button on the Pre 2 the screen goes blank? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but I think some people would like this. Don't know if it's a WebOS 2.0 specific new thing.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/04/2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: clarified title
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    It will ge great if that was a setting so you won't have to hit the power button.
    Didn't notice but just verified it. Default action is to go to the lock screen at timeout, pressing the power button cycles through screen on, screen lock and screen off.

Nice find and yes, I believe this is definitely a WebOS 2.0.x function, not a Pre 2 function. So I personally would expect the legacy devices to work the same when they get the next WebOS OTA to 2.0.x.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    ... that when on the touchstone if you press the power button on the Pre 2 the screen goes blank? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but I think some people would like this. Don't know if it's a WebOS 2.0 specific new thing.
    Yes and it happens when you have it off the touchstone too. I use it to turn my screen off both on and off the touchstone (whilst phone remain on).
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Great find! I guess this means I won't have to cover-up the 'Pre Nightlight' every evening!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    It was mentioned at webOSroundup in their big review a couple weeks back.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    thats kool it cycles through 3 different screen choices . i like it to be off completely.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not sure if this is going to be really a new feature for everyone, but it is something new for me at least. I discovered that it is possible to turn the screen off completely/get rid of the lock screen while on a touchstone. To do that you need to press the power button once after placing the phone on the touchstone (press twice if the phone is on: first to turn if off and a second time to turn the screen off/get rid of the lock screen).

It works on Pre2/webOS2.0.1 (will check on my old Pre/webOS1.4.5 when I get home from work).
    Yep, definitely new. The only reason that I didn't keep my touchstone beside my bed with my Palm Pre (and FrankenPre after that) was because I couldn't handle the fact that it wouldn't JUST TURN OFF!

Now with my Rogers Pre 2 (unlocked, and on Bell), I'll be rockin' the Touchstone beside the bed, baaaaaaby. Good find, thanks!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    nice find!
    It doesn't seem to work on my Pre Plus with webOS 1.4.5. I hope we hear something about webOS 2 soon.

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I have found that on my pre minus I have place it on the touchstone, unlock the screen then press power button and the screen will shut off
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    It doesn't seem to work on my Pre Plus with webOS 1.4.5. I hope we hear something about webOS 2 soon.

yes, it is definitely a function of webos 2.x and is non hardware specific

It was first posted back just before Thanksgiving when the Pre 2 was released unlocked in the US and people started reviewing and reporting its functions and features.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    ... and is non hardware specific.
    shhh
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yeah, was one of the first things I accidentally discovered. :-)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2778811
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    shhh
    LOL... since those hardware components appear to be identical on the Pre, Pre + and Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Yeah, was one of the first things I accidentally discovered. :-)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2778811
    <<thread merged>>
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I have found that on my pre minus I have place it on the touchstone, unlock the screen then press power button and the screen will shut off
    Doesn't work on my Pre Plus. Just tried it.

But that's a great 'feature'. Don't need to have the LCD running overnight, possibly reducing it's lifespan (and other components due to the heat)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Doesn't work on my Pre Plus. Just tried it.

But that's a great 'feature'. Don't need to have the LCD running overnight, possibly reducing it's lifespan (and other components due to the heat)
    It should work when you get the update to webOS 2.x.x.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    It should work when you get the update to webOS 2.x.x.
    Yep I guess.
    I don't know how loopytee got his Pre minus to work like that though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast