Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Price is always important to me. When the Palm Pre 2 comes out, I'm guessing it will debut somewhere around 200. You can get the Palm Pre Plus just about anywhere for free. Would it be worth it to pick the Palm Pre Plus up for free or is it a bad buy with the Pre 2 coming out. I use Verizon and hear the 2 should be out soon but I'm weary of the price.
  2. #2  
    I think you will be happier with the Pre2. Given that you will spend more than a thousand dollars over the life of the contract, the phone cost shouldn't scare you off. I'm assuming it will be $149 on line at verizonwireless.com and/or $249 with $100 rebate.

    That's what I paid for my Pre+
  3. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    #3  
    i doubt they will sell it for that much. If they did it would not sell at all. They need to price it pretty aggressively around the $100 mark if they want anyone to even consider it. Otherwise, people will just go with a droid that they've actually heard of.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rllong1 View Post
    Price is always important to me. When the Palm Pre 2 comes out, I'm guessing it will debut somewhere around 200. You can get the Palm Pre Plus just about anywhere for free. Would it be worth it to pick the Palm Pre Plus up for free or is it a bad buy with the Pre 2 coming out. I use Verizon and hear the 2 should be out soon but I'm weary of the price.
    If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath on the Pre 2. We're on the last day in November and still not a peep from VZW or HP/Palm about the release of this phone. With each passing day the hope of a Pre 2 release looks less and less likely. HP/Palm have promised a bunch of new devices for next year (with specs far exceeding the Pre 2), so if I were you I'd hold out for those devices. In my opinion, the Pre 2 was basically a place holder for HP/Palm, but by delaying the launch for so long, there's no reason not to wait for the newer devices. If you can hold for 6 months that's what I'd do.
  5. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #5  
    +1 on YankBoy's comments. I definitely would not use an upgrade for the Pre 2, knowing that likely in the new year, maybe 1st 6 months, totally new hardware will be available.

    This thought might change for me if you have multiple lines on your account. If Sprint gets the Pre 2, I might take my upgrade to get it, then move one of my other lines into the primary spot, let it settle a few months, then upgrade again with totally new hardware, and slide the Pre 2 to my wife or one of the kids who currently has a Pre minus.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  6. #6  
    If you need a device NOW! I would go with the Pre Plus.
    Here in Germany you can catch the Plus for 240EUR incl. VAT (~$300) CONTRACT-FREE! maybe there are some offers in the U.S. at the same price.
    Last weekend a friend of mine, bought such a Pre Plus and is really happy with it.
    If you can wait, than I second YankBoys post.
  7. #7  
    I just wouldn't buy anything Palm right now if I were you. If they can release devices in the 1st 6 mos of next year, then there's no reason to go with the Pre Plus. I don't think the Pre 2 is going to happen anyway, but even if it does miraculously get released on VZW, there's no reason to get that either with the new devices looming.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions