Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I have Plam pre plus..bought from O2 UK; It is unlocked but blocked, o2 has provided unblock code for international use. when i enter it shows "incorrect PIN contact your carrier".
    and then shows create/sign in into palm profile. and does not detect my data sim.

plz help..thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emailtojat View Post
    I have Plam pre plus..bought from O2 UK; It is unlocked but blocked, o2 has provided unblock code for international use. when i enter it shows "incorrect PIN contact your carrier".
    and then shows create/sign in into palm profile. and does not detect my data sim.

plz help..thanks
    You should post this HERE. There are many experienced international users who can help you there.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by emailtojat View Post

plz help..thanks
    I really think this is a SIM issue, you should have got a PIN and PUK for your SIM, and you should be entering the PIN (but if you entered it incorrectly too many times, is must have been blocked, and you may not be able to use it anymore)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    @emailtojat
    You are posting all over the place and worse you are providing different information in bits and parts in different threads. It is impossible for anyone to help you unless you provide clear and complete information.

1. Country of origin and seller network?
    Ans. UK (O2)

2. SIM 'locked / unlocked'? (This is not clear due to contradictory posts by you.)
    Ans.

3. Has the phone been used in the UK or not and has it been 'activated/create profile' in the UK or not?
    Ans.

4. What network SIM are you using in India?
    Ans.

5. Does the Indian SIM have data activated? (Only Vodafone ['Mobile Connect' plan only] and Airtel [not sure of plans] will work by default.)
    Ans.

PS: Based on what you have posted here, it seems like you may have 'blocked' the phone by entering an incorrect, SIM unlock code multiple times. The phone being 'blocked' is different from the phone being SIM locked to a particular network.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/13/2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Nextgenserver unblocks and unlocks devices in 1 go nowadays.
    That is good to know. I was not aware of their ability to 'unblock' phones.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You need to unblock a device?
    Fortunately not. I just mean't it was good to know for reference and more importantly to know that there was a solution to this. I recall, that a while back someone on the forum was stuck with a 'blocked' phone, with Palm and the phone company both refusing to be of any help to the person.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I've just ordered a Pre 2 from an Australian reseller (Smooth) and am going to have to accept that I won't be able to order paid apps through the device. How do I get the best functionality I can out of this device? Palm support said OTA updates would be available regardless of where it was activated so I'm not sure if that's right or not; if not can updates and apps be downloaded to a PC and sideloaded i.e. same end result but just through a different channel?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I've just ordered a Pre 2 from an Australian reseller (Smooth) and am going to have to accept that I won't be able to order paid apps through the device. How do I get the best functionality I can out of this device? Palm support said OTA updates would be available regardless of where it was activated so I'm not sure if that's right or not; if not can updates and apps be downloaded to a PC and sideloaded i.e. same end result but just through a different channel?
    No, there's no legal way to download a paid app and upload to your phone.

The proper way is to buy it through your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Palm support said ....
    Do not believe anything that Palm support tells you about operating outside of official countries - it is always wrong.

You can't download and side-load an OTA update. You can only download a doctor and reflash your phone. A big difference.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    @emailtojat
    You are posting all over the place and worse you are providing different information in bits and parts in different threads. It is impossible for anyone to help you unless you provide clear and complete information.

Ans. UK (O2)

2. SIM 'locked / unlocked'? (This is not clear due to contradictory posts by you.)
    Ans.

3. Has the phone been used in the UK or not and has it been 'activated/create profile' in the UK or not?
    Ans.

Ans.

5. Does the Indian SIM have data activated? (Only Vodafone ['Mobile Connect' plan only] and Airtel [not sure of plans] will work by default.)
    Ans.

PS: Based on what you have posted here, it seems like you may have 'blocked' the phone by entering an incorrect, SIM unlock code multiple times. The phone being 'blocked' is different from the phone being SIM locked to a particular network.

Sorry Guys if i confused you.
    @Sanjay following are my answers

Ans. UK (O2)

Ans. SIM is okay and working correctly in other phones, i have vodafone IN with blackberry services ON. the other SIM i tried is Airtel with Mobile Office ON.

Ans. NO

Ans. Vodafone or Airtel

Ans. YES

I got it from UK and it was unlocked from O2, but O2 had provided a unblock code, that i recieved later so i tried with SIM PIN (In india they provide when we take a connection) and kept telling incorrect PIN, contact your carrier.
    Then i got the O2 unblock code and entered into the phone but it is still saying PIN incorrect.

Thanks for the response
  11.    #131  
    Hey Guys.

No I still don't have my phone yet, I went on holiday and it kind of got forgotten for a bit.

My friend in the US just dropped into the AT&T store to see if we could get the phone activated by them when we get it.

What Happened:
    I found an AT&T store and ask them about the phone. They told me the following:
    The only way they would activate or test the phone would be if one of their service plans was taken, as well.

They said that you could be signed up for service but you have to be present in the store (which is a bit tricky).
    I'm not sure how any one else has managed with getting their phone activated in AT&T without purchasing something from them.

Let me know, thanks guys.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    that's unfortunate, I had no issues and many others haven't either.
    Think I would be trying another store :-) that said, it can't be terribly hard to find someone with an At&t sim?? Every other 3G/3GS iPhone would have them wouldn't they?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Think I would be trying another store :-) that said, it can't be terribly hard to find someone with an At&t sim?? Every other 3G/3GS iPhone would have them wouldn't they?
    The man who was helping me out surprisingly didn't know anybody with an AT&T Sim, and the particular store he went to obviously wasn't the friendliest. The last thing I wanted was to put him through the inconvenience of arguing with an AT&T store assistant if they won't do it for him, as he isn't very knowledgable with Palm phones/activation etc.

Luckily, Rich (pastorrich1 from Precentral.net forums) was friendly enough to offer to help out, so he has bought the phone, activated it somehow and already sent it. It is expected to arrive on the 1st of Feb, so I'm most grateful to Rich for helping me out.

Thanks also to every single person that has read this thread (over 5,000) and all those people that have helped me and others in similar situations out (over 150 replies). It is a response that I could never have imagined. What a great forum to be a part of.

Gavin
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I posted this in the GSM Pre forums, but probably relevant here for you, not sure what not sure what network you are thinking of in Aus (hopefully Telstra)
    Pre 2 - Vodafone Sydney (Northern Beaches)
    OK so I bought the (AT&T frequency) Pre 2 that r4iz0r had imported. He was unhappy with using it on the Optus network.
    I'm using it on Vodafone, but my company is shifting to Telstra in August, so I wasn't too worried about the frequency thing.
    As you all know, Voda are installing 850mhz in addition to their 900/2100 stuff. I have NOT been out of 3G coverage since getting the phone. Either Im just lucky, or there is a whole lotta 850mhz Vodafone in Sydney already. Very surprised.
    Loving the phone, build quality is awesome compared to my Movistar Pre, (not that I found that phone bad, just "cheap" feeling)
    Am going to try and get a Visa gift card from the USA this week, as I have App Cat Access to the USA catalog. Never could figure out how to pay for apps from the spanish catalog :-)
    Not sure what to do with the old pre? they don't seem to be worth much? Keep as a spare?

16.    #136  
    I had a Pre Plus that screwed up, I'm hoping to fix it to see if I can sell it. I used it on TPG Australia for 2 months and I couldn't get 3G because I think TPG uses Optus's network - I only got GPRS. When my Pre 2 arrives I hope to go on Vodafone or Three because Telstra is too expensive. I"m in Melbourne.
    As you all know, Voda are installing 850mhz in addition to their 900/2100 stuff. I have NOT been out of 3G coverage since getting the phone. Either Im just lucky, or there is a whole lotta 850mhz Vodafone in Sydney already. Very surprised.
    Telstra, Vodafone, Optus and 3 all have 1900mhz networks in the capitals, so you're probably getting on that.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Telstra, Vodafone, Optus and 3 all have 1900mhz networks in the capitals, so you're probably getting on that.

Are you saying Optus now works with the US Pre 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Not sure about that, but I know Vodafone are adding 850 in a lot of the capital cities. Quite a lot of chat on whirlpool about it. Just to be clear, I'm talking about 3G UMTS, not GSM

20.    #140  
    Not sure about that, but I know Vodafone are adding 850 in a lot of the capital cities. Quite a lot of chat on whirlpool about it. Just to be clear, I'm talking about 3G UMTS, not GSM
    Another problem that I came across with my Pre Plus on GPRS (TPG Australia) was that for some reason I wasn't able to update webos. Does webOS have to update via a 3G signal? or can I update with a WiFi connection. The last thing I want is to have update issues when my Pre 2 arrives.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast