Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wired.au View Post
    I'm planning on using my old Nokia microUSB charger with it. It puts out 1.2A so it should work a treat. It's a good thing microusb is the new standard... for most phones anyway.
    So does it mean a 2A car charger can power a touchstone up?
    I dun think so, I recently bought a 2A car sharger hoping to use TS in my car but it doesn't work, even with orig usb cable, i dun think its the cable's prob.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanngoh View Post
    So does it mean a 2A car charger can power a touchstone up?
    I dun think so, I recently bought a 2A car sharger hoping to use TS in my car but it doesn't work, even with orig usb cable, i dun think its the cable's prob.
    dunno, i'll find out when i get mine. Some manufacturers might look for a certain amount of resistance between the two data pins, maybe the touchstone is like that. I hope not!
  3.    #83  
    i tried to ring Palm this morning and after about an hour of poor reception, I finally established that it is too difficult to buy over the phone. Unfortunately this means I have to pay the unnecessary $48USD of tax.

Instead, I bought online through the HP checkout, and now HP is reviewing the order manually because the credit card information does not match the billing address (my credit card, my friend's United States Address). Hopefully that will be all sorted out soon, and I'll be receiving a very anticipated parcel in the mail shortly. *cross fingers*
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    i tried to ring Palm this morning and after about an hour of poor reception, I finally established that it is too difficult to buy over the phone. Unfortunately this means I have to pay the unnecessary $48USD of tax.
    I think if they ship it to a US address, they have to charge tax no matter what. They have no way of finding out whether or not the recipient is a resident.

Hopefully that will be all sorted out soon, and I'll be receiving a very anticipated parcel in the mail shortly. *cross fingers*
    same here... this has gotta be one of the longest weeks ever for me!
  5.    #85  
    same here... this has gotta be one of the longest weeks ever for me!
    At least we know it is worth the wait

BTW, just received this disheartening little email from HP's US Fraud Risk Management::

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Guzman P of HP
    Hello

I am writing in regards to order 4159394 . Unfortunately, we are unable to process your order using the credit card provided. It appears that the issuing bank for the credit card you provided is located outside of the United States and does not support the automated address verification process. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. You do have the option of using a different form of sending a wire or providing a credit card that supports automated address verification; all US issuing banks support this process.

“Please do not respond to this email. If you would like to reorder using one of the above options, please order online at HP® - Holiday Deals on Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more or call an HP SMB account manager at 800-888-9909 for further assistance.

Thank you.
    Anyone else that bought from the HP Online store have similar issues?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    BTW, just received this disheartening little email from HP's US Fraud Risk Management::
    mmm... can you get your friend to pay for it, then paypal him the money? The fees are just 1% if transferring from a bank account or paypal balance, so about 5 bucks. Shipping is about $25 for express mail international with insurance.
  7.    #87  
    mmm... can you get your friend to pay for it, then paypal him the money? The fees are just 1% if transferring from a bank account or paypal balance, so about 5 bucks. Shipping is about $25 for express mail international with insurance.
    I'd rather not put him through the inconvenience. I am paying him for the postage through Wire-Transfer, but I don't want to impose on him too much. As stated in the email, they are offering me to send the money through wire, but if I can't do that then it looks like that will be my only option.
    I'd rather not put him through the inconvenience. I am paying him for the postage through Wire-Transfer, but I don't want to impose on him too much. As stated in the email, they are offering me to send the money through wire, but if I can't do that then it looks like that will be my only option.
    Editor02, you obviously don't know me except from the forums here, but if you need some assistance getting this done I will be happy to help. PM me if you need.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9.    #89  
    thanks pastorrich1. I'll keep that in mind.
    thanks pastorrich1. I'll keep that in mind.
    Not only am I easy to find in real life to make sure you get what you pay for, but I also know how to activate your phone without any issues for you. I can even have a fresh Dr. and Preware on it if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Not only am I easy to find in real life to make sure you get what you pay for, but I also know how to activate your phone without any issues for you. I can even have a fresh Dr. and Preware on it if you like.
    You happy to do that for anyone?
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  12.    #92  
    That would have been great, if only I had have known sooner...a friend of my Dad in Chicago has already offered to assist, and as much as I would love to have you do it instead, it may be a little rude to ditch out on him now. I am a bit anxious on whether or not he will be able to activate it, and make sure that everything is working, but I don't think I could pull out now. Sorry, and thanks all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune
    No. I'm just super special :P lol jks.
    Last edited by Editor02; 12/07/2010 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Shoot me a PM and we can chat about it.

@Editor02 - No problem, PM me and I will give you my cell # to be available to help him through anything you need.
    Editor02, you obviously don't know me except from the forums here
    I would vouch for pastorrich1, based on my online interactions with him.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I would vouch for pastorrich1, based on my online interactions with him.

-- Rod
    Thank you Rod, in this community there are no higher endorsements.

I am honored and humbled.
    Shoot me a PM and we can chat about it.
    Been trying.. but they arent appearing in Sent Items. you been getting them?
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Yep, got em and replied.
    FWIW, I, too, will vouch for Pastorrich.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  19.    #99  
    you have to press a check button before you post the message that allows you to store in sent box I think.
    you have to press a check button before you post the message that allows you to store in sent box I think.
    This is correct, and saved sent items count towards your total PM allowance, so I only save select sent PM's.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast