Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 141
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Many of us have done it at the AT&T store. They loaned me a demo phone sim for the two minutes it took to activate and create the profile. Once the phone restarts the sim can be removed.
    Oh! A thousand thanks, postorrich. I had no idea you could do that. I'll get my friend to look into that. Hopefully I'll get to purchase my pre 2 soon then
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  2. wired.au's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    To be absolutely sure you should create a *NEW* profile, not log into the same profile.

    -- Rod
    All good! I got him to use another email address to create a new profile, and the country is now USA. I thought the previous profile wouldn't be active until i completed the verification.

    It's on the way to australia now, hopefully i'll get it by Friday.

    Thanks to GuyForNam too... my friend was in a rush so i couldn't get him to check the market. Sounds like it should be ok though.
  3. #63  
    Been following this thread as I am considering getting the US unlocked Pre 2 for US/Canada use.
    I noticed that several replies state that a "Data" SIM must be used for proper activation. Is there a SIM that is non data? If so, what is the difference and how do I know the difference?
    I was planning on doing as suggested and going to an AT&T store and requesting the use of a SIM for initial activation.
    Sorry if this is a silly question but I am brand new to this stuff. Trying to learn as fast as I can. This forum is amazing. I have spent sooo much time reading here over the last two months.
    Thanks
  4. #64  
    Btw, fellow Aussies, any thoughts or ideas about using touchstone chargers over here with the AC adaptors?
    Palm doesnt make an AU power adaptor, do they? So i guess we need to import a US one and use an adaptor to plug it into our sockets?

    Or am i missing something?
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

    I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post

    ...
    Or am i missing something?
    Yep! The Touchstone is a USB device. (Drive from any USB source capable of supplying 1A ie not the 500mA available from single PC USB)
  6. #66  
    Oh yes, i realise that - i just wondered if we had the option with the AC adaptor - like for putting a touchstone on my nightstand or something
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

    I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Btw, fellow Aussies, any thoughts or ideas about using touchstone chargers over here with the AC adaptors?
    Palm doesnt make an AU power adaptor, do they? So i guess we need to import a US one and use an adaptor to plug it into our sockets?

    Or am i missing something?
    The Palm International charger kit actually has two australian adapters in it.

    HP: FB286AA#AC3 - Palm International Travel Charger - Palm model 3402WW - Chargers & docks

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #68  
    I just went to Harvey Norman, bought a "Korjo" US to AU adaptor for 25 bucks or so. There was another alternative that was about $70, however after use with the touchstone, this was fine.

    Cheaper than the International charger kit, plus I couldn't really be bothered dealing with another bout of shipping issues after I got my pre :P

    Pic (http://f.cl.ly/items/2b1e2T0c0Q2M0Z1s203o/IMG_8026.JPG)
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Oh yes, i realise that - i just wondered if we had the option with the AC adaptor - like for putting a touchstone on my nightstand or something
    You should be able to readily find AC to USB adaptors locally. Then a USB to micro-USB cable connects the Tochstone. Works for me.
  10. #70  
    Thanks for all that guys - great info


    ....lets hope HPalm will simplify all this stuff for us soon and just release some phones here
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

    I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Thanks for all that guys - great info


    ....lets hope HPalm will simplify all this stuff for us soon and just release some phones here
    haha. Don't hold your breath. I followed the Palm.com.au website since Jan 09 in anticipation for the Pre. now 2 years on, the only thing that they have updated is the copyright year at the bottom.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  12. #72  
    True, true, but HPalm is a lot bigger these days, and have already started to roll out into new markets
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

    I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    True, true, but HPalm is a lot bigger these days, and have already started to roll out into new markets
    Fair enough. At least HP are selling an unlocked Pre 2, rather than making us Australians go through that dreadfully annoying unlocking process. However, the situation is still pretty sad, I rang Palm AU some time last year, and ended up at the Singapore head office, which was about to close up. So many people are losing their jobs because Palm is closing down their offices in other countries.

    Anyways I should cheer up, buying the Pre 2 tomorrow!
    I've been having some issues with purchasing though (that other Australians should take into consideration)...

    On the checkout page, there is a $48USD tax. This tax is not applicable to non US Residents, so to avoid paying it, you have to ring Palm US to go through the sale. This would be fine, except their phone service never seems to be available due to timezone issues. :P
    Anyone else having similar issues?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Fair enough. At least HP are selling an unlocked Pre 2, rather than making us Australians go through that dreadfully annoying unlocking process. However, the situation is still pretty sad, I rang Palm AU some time last year, and ended up at the Singapore head office, which was about to close up. So many people are losing their jobs because Palm is closing down their offices in other countries.

    Anyways I should cheer up, buying the Pre 2 tomorrow!
    I've been having some issues with purchasing though (that other Australians should take into consideration)...

    On the checkout page, there is a $48USD tax. This tax is not applicable to non US Residents, so to avoid paying it, you have to ring Palm US to go through the sale. This would be fine, except their phone service never seems to be available due to timezone issues. :P
    Anyone else having similar issues?
    Mine is an unlocked UK handset, purchased via Ebay.

    Still in transit.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

    I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  15.    #75  
    how much did you get it for?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  16. #76  
    $665. I'm happy to pay the extra, so that I can use it on Vodafone with my existing plan.

    The fee to terminate that plan would be much higher, anyway.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

    I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  17.    #77  
    i would have been, if I hadn't just bought a Pre plus 3 months earlier that broke. :P what are you doing about activation?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    i would have been, if I hadn't just bought a Pre plus 3 months earlier that broke. :P what are you doing about activation?
    I'm mailing it to a friend in Austin to activate it for me with his iPhone sim.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

    I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  19. wired.au's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Btw, fellow Aussies, any thoughts or ideas about using touchstone chargers over here with the AC adaptors?
    Palm doesnt make an AU power adaptor, do they? So i guess we need to import a US one and use an adaptor to plug it into our sockets?

    Or am i missing something?
    Everyone else has already answered your questions I guess... I've already bought two touchstone bases, just waiting for them to arrive.

    I'm planning on using my old Nokia microUSB charger with it. It puts out 1.2A so it should work a treat. It's a good thing microusb is the new standard... for most phones anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    I just went to Harvey Norman, bought a "Korjo" US to AU adaptor for 25 bucks or so.
    Gasp! A tech-aware person who buys adaptors from harvey norman? Jaycar .. or even DSE... would be the place to go.

    One can get USB power adaptors from jaycar too.


    On the checkout page, there is a $48USD tax. This tax is not applicable to non US Residents, so to avoid paying it, you have to ring Palm US to go through the sale.
    The US site will ship overseas?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by wired.au View Post
    Gasp! A tech-aware person who buys adaptors from harvey norman? Jaycar .. or even DSE... would be the place to go.

    One can get USB power adaptors from jaycar too.

    The US site will ship overseas?
    A) Harvey Norman was closer, and I couldn't be bothered stuffing around Come to think of it I have had issues with my touchstone. (The fully charge notification issue you may have heard about). Smartphone experts told me to send the dock back to them, but when they got it they said it was not faulty. So I can either pin the issue on my Pre Plus' touchstone back cover, or that Korjo thing - in which case I'll head over to Jaycar straight away :P
    B) I'm getting them to ship to a friend in Chicago who is taking the phone into AT&T to activate for me. Then he is posting it down here - hopefully with full app catalog privileges!
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions