1.    #1  
    Has anyone successfully been able to receive MMS on the new unlocked GSM Pre 2 on AT&T.

I spent several hours with an AT&T tech support rep to no avail while he tried various MMS APN fill-ins. I had the same problem with my Treo 650 on AT&T and never solved it but have had high hopes that newer hardware and software would work.

If anyone knows the correct MMS APN/Username/Password/MMSC/MMS Proxy and Size it would be really appreciated. Maybe it's the same as Pre Plus?
    Last edited by apark; 12/01/2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: replace word
    Why would you need all of that info? My kids phones were on AT&T for a couple of years and never had any trouble sending and receiving MMS.

You just have to have data use turned on.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...I wish it was that easy.... my data is turned on...to no avail...and those settings are what AT&T have advised I need to input/setup. If there is another solution I'd love to hear it.
    Try putting the port settings behind the mmsc & proxy server, like so:

http...server:80
    mmscserver:80

I don't know the correct server names and ports. You can try ports 8080 as well.
    Just received and sent out a couple of mms messages from my unlocked Pre 2 on AT&T. All were received just fine without any changes to the network settings from their out of box defaults.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  6.    #6  
    By chance do you know what the default settings are...because if you have them I'll try entering as mine just doesn't work at this stage...tx
    Quote Originally Posted by apark View Post
    Has anyone successfully been able to receive MMS on the new unlocked GSM Pre 2 on AT&T. ...............................
    Silly question, if you were online with the techs, but in Aus, (on some networks) you need to send yourself an MMS to activate MMS on your phone??
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

By chance do you know what the default settings are...because if you have them I'll try entering as mine just doesn't work at this stage...tx
    Why don't you try doctoring and you can get your default settings back and tell us if the Dr. wipes your USB partition as well.
  9.    #9  
    Presume you mean using a web Dr software? Had initial issues and Palm support did the OTA upgrade to 2.0 plus web Dr...and that's possibly why or where my MMS APN default settings may have disappeared? I'm just guessing.
    Presume you mean using a web Dr software? Had initial issues and Palm support did the OTA upgrade to 2.0 plus web Dr...and that's possibly why or where my MMS APN default settings may have disappeared? I'm just guessing.
    I mean using the WebOS Dr. for your Pre 2 device. It completely wipes out the current OS and settings and puts it back to the out of the box condition. Your profile reloads your apps, contacts, accounts, memos, and tasks.

So anything you could have changed (without hacking into the firmware) will be restored with a Dr.

You can find the instructions and proper Dr. download at http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Another user just activated a Pre using an AT&T go phone sim over in the Pre section and here is what he posted as the default MMS APN settings.

internet APN: wap.cingular
    username: wap.cingulargprs.com
    password: cingular1
    Same problem existed on you Treo 650 too? Tried getting a new SIM card? Not certain if you have one of those old gateway SIMs
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Tried getting a new SIM card? Not certain if you have one of those old gateway SIMs
    Had this problem.... Totally sucks, At&t had me on the phone for hours trying to figure out what was wrong.
    Hung up tried a new rep, she instantly knew what was wrong.
    She just told me to go get a new SIM card from a At&t store. Ran down to the nearest store, got a new one. Plugged it in and its worked ever since then.

Not sure if that is the problem here, but it sounds like the problem i had (with a different smart-phone), its worth a shot.
    Last edited by Rei VI; 12/10/2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    Had this problem.... Totally sucks, At&t had me on the phone for hours trying to figure out what was wrong.
    Hung up tried a new rep, she instantly knew what was wrong.
    For the benefit of others... what was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    For the benefit of others... what was it?
    Edited my post. I was more referring to the SIM card issue addiarmadar was talking about.
    Since the fact it happened on his Treo 650 too. I had multiple phones and it wouldnt work on any of them.
    Last edited by Rei VI; 12/10/2010 at 05:46 PM.
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  16.    #16  
    Thanks REI VI...soooo I ran down to AT&T and got a new SIM...had all settings checked...spent another hour on phone with their tech support....they reprovisioned (refreshed) all settings between us...and voila...no test MMS messages recd from them...of course finally said they're ok, it's the webOS software and I should ctc PAlm support...who had originally directed me to AT&T.

Continuing frustration and starting to think it's time to return it and go Android or iPhone...
    Thanks REI VI...soooo I ran down to AT&T and got a new SIM...had all settings checked...spent another hour on phone with their tech support....they reprovisioned (refreshed) all settings between us...and voila...no test MMS messages recd from them...of course finally said they're ok, it's the webOS software and I should ctc PAlm support...who had originally directed me to AT&T.

Continuing frustration and starting to think it's time to return it and go Android or iPhone...
    Well it was worth a shot. :/
    Sorry that it didnt turn out.
    Before you return it and switch to a new phone, have you put your SIM card into another phone and have been able to send/receive them?