Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's just because the unlocked Pre 2's aren't carrier branded and the carriers determine what bloatware is included in the OS package. Amazon MP3 is part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    It's just because the unlocked Pre 2's aren't carrier branded and the carriers determine what bloatware is included in the OS package. Amazon MP3 is part of that.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but every North American branded webos devices had this app and it's not like VZnav or sprint navi so hardly think carrier bloatware with this one but more like a stock webos app to parallel iTunes on iOS. Maybe the launch carriers were getting a cut just like the cut of app sales? But then that would mean no app catalog for unbranded devices. Has to be an opps. It's the best place to get great tunes without all the stupid DRM bullcrap or only working on some devices.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 12/01/2010 at 06:54 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    well it`s sad but true we germans never got amazon mp3 with any version
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but every North American branded webos devices had this app and it's not like VZnav or sprint navi so hardly think carrier bloatware with this one but more like a stock webos app to parallel iTunes on iOS. Maybe the launch carriers were getting a cut just like the cut of app sales? But then that would mean no app catalog for unbranded devices. Has to be an opps. Its the best places to get great tunes without all the stupid DRM bullcrap or only working on some devices.
    I have a feeling Palm will be bringing Amazon MP3 to all unlocked NA devices activated in the USA by way of the App Catalog.

My reason for believing this is as follows:

1) Amazon MP3 is US-only
    2) The Pre2 GSM doctor is for NA and EU devices, so they can't just bundle it in there
    3) They can't just bundle it in a NA-only doctor, because the NA doctor is for US and Canada
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I have a feeling Palm will be bringing Amazon MP3 to all unlocked NA devices activated in the USA by way of the App Catalog.

My reason for believing this is as follows:

1) Amazon MP3 is US-only
    2) The Pre2 GSM doctor is for NA and EU devices, so they can't just bundle it in there
    3) They can't just bundle it in a NA-only doctor, because the NA doctor is for US and Canada
    Putting it into the app catalog would be a win win for those that do want it and for those that don't need it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Putting it into the app catalog would be a win win for those that do want it and for those that don't need it.

Yep, I hope they do that because even after a fresh Dr. again last night I could not get it to log in to my acct. I just get the login timeout message.

I tried with and without the service IPK. I ran a "ps aux" at root to see what was already running but didn't find an amazon service either before or after it was installed or even while the amazon app was running.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    After researching how to do this, I could not find a definitive guide, so I figured out the exact commands needed and wrote a guide myself.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...step-step.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12