Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE: 11/30/2010 I JUST DR'ED AGAIN USING THE SAME METHOD AND FILE AS BEFORE AND MY USB PARTITION REMAINED INTACT! SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION!

    I decided to Dr. my Pre 2 just to make sure everything worked like it did previously... IT DOESN"T.

    Two important notes.

    NOTE ONE:
    The Palm website now says to put your device in recovery mode in order to Dr.

    http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

    It doesn't appear to be a suggestion. I tried twice without doing it (like I always had on my Pre minus). It would connect and get the USB icon on the screen and wait about five minutes with the charging message in the Dr. app before erroring out. I put it in recovery mode and it worked like a champ.

    NOTE TWO:
    Unlike the later Dr. version from 1.3.x on, the WebOS 2.0.1 Dr. DOES ERASE YOUR USB PARTITION! So make sure and back up your stuff BEFORE you Dr.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 11/30/2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  2. #2  
    Thanks for the warning about the USB partition!

    I even added that to my sig to help spread the word lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3. #3  
    Thanks Rich.
    People better stop and think twice before they carelessly advice other to just run the doctor!
  4. #4  
    Oh you HUSH

    Thanks for the heads up pastorrich
  5. #5  
    holy crap I hope palm changes that before they release it to arriers...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    holy crap I hope palm changes that before they release it to arriers...
    It would be so like Palm to push the 2.0 update and format USB partitions around the world - LOL

    Are 'arriers' French crappy carriers?
  7.    #7  
    One other thing it didn't do was keep my dictionary additions and shortcuts. I thought that might be part of my profile but it wasn't. Save/Restore seems to support backing that up but I can't know for sure since I didn't copy my stuff over to a computer first. Good thing it had only been a week of use and not a year.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    One other thing it didn't do was keep my dictionary additions and shortcuts. I thought that might be part of my profile but it wasn't. Save/Restore seems to support backing that up but I can't know for sure since I didn't copy my stuff over to a computer first. Good thing it had only been a week of use and not a year.
    Save/Restore only saves the webOS 1.x version of the the autoreplace dictionary. I am not sure yet how it works in webOS 2.0, but I can tell you that Save/Restore will NOT restore into 2.0, nor can it currently backup in 2.0... I have been trying to figure out if it saves to your profile now, or if its still a manual backup. stay tuned!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  9. #9  
    I hope they fix the USB erase thing, another thing they need to fix is the instant messaging Avatar, if some one changes there pictures on facebook, the avatar goes blank.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Save/Restore only saves the webOS 1.x version of the the autoreplace dictionary. I am not sure yet how it works in webOS 2.0, but I can tell you that Save/Restore will NOT restore into 2.0, nor can it currently backup in 2.0... I have been trying to figure out if it saves to your profile now, or if its still a manual backup. stay tuned!
    It's a manual backup. The profile doesn't back it up.
  11.    #11  
    BUMP

    Since this was mentioned on the PC main page and at least one other user reported different results than I got, are there any other Pre 2 users who would be willing to download the latest version of the Dr. and report their findings back here in this thread?

    We want to make sure we have the most current and accurate information.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Since this was mentioned on the PC main page and at least one other user reported different results than I got, are there any other Pre 2 users who would be willing to download the latest version of the Dr. and report their findings back here in this thread?

    We want to make sure we have the most current and accurate information.
    It erased my USB partition. I used the 2.0.1 doctor (build 80.79) to update from 2.0.0. Did you doctor to the same version of the OS?

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  13. #13  
    I used the same version of Dr (build 80.79) to 2.0.1 but I am not sure that it scrubbed all the USB partition. Certainly all my Music remained, and ClassicApps but other items like my text messages got blatted.

    One thing I am finding and it may be compounded now with the dr is a number of homebrew apps just are not functioning under webOS 2.0 (or 2.0.1 in my case).

    I am getting a lot of error messages about "Error - not permitted to send to xxxxx" for apps like Internalz. I also have another problem that when I try to copy a lot of files it cuts off on the tenth file and drops the connection to the USB drive.

    Not sure whether its application issues due to changes in the way webOS now accesses the drive.

    What should the correct permissions be?

    When I connect in a shell as root it is read-only. Whereas before it was read-write. As when I went to recreate the link to get Classic to work again I found it wouldn't because it was ro so I had to mount it as rw.

    Is it supposed to be rw in which case dr has screwed up the permissions or is it that some of these applications are incorrect?

    Any ideas?

    Cheers
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I decided to Dr. my Pre 2 just to make sure everything worked like it did previously... IT DOESN"T.

    Two important notes.

    NOTE ONE:
    The Palm website now says to put your device in recovery mode in order to Dr.

    http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

    It doesn't appear to be a suggestion. I tried twice without doing it (like I always had on my Pre minus). It would connect and get the USB icon on the screen and wait about five minutes with the charging message in the Dr. app before erroring out. I put it in recovery mode and it worked like a champ.

    NOTE TWO:
    Unlike the later Dr. version from 1.3.x on, the WebOS 2.0.1 Dr. DOES ERASE YOUR USB PARTITION! So make sure and back up your stuff BEFORE you Dr.
    This is NOT expected behavior. Rich I have sent you a PM in regards to this issue.

    --HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  15. #15  
    and we al breath a collective sigh of relief.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    and we al breath a collective sigh of relief.
    ... but will back-up, just in case.
  17. #17  
    Hardbeatz,

    If you can PM or e-mail me (to jonathan.ezor@precentral.net) some relevant info, I'd be happy to update the story on the homepage. {Jonathan}
  18. #18  
    Personally, I hope 2.0 comes out for the Pre Plus soon...and keeps the USB-erasing function!

    Why? My phone has been messed up since the day I got it...I can't doctor it, no matter what I do. It always errors out after the first reboot. Maybe this way, I'll be able to get through a full doctor!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is NOT expected behavior. Rich I have sent you a PM in regards to this issue.

    --HardBeatZ
    PM received and responded too. I will be happy to do whatever you need to ensure the right things are taking place and properly reported back to the community.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Hardbeatz,

    If you can PM or e-mail me (to jonathan.ezor@precentral.net) some relevant info, I'd be happy to update the story on the homepage. {Jonathan}
    If it turns out that it was the result of some odd combination of things on my part I will make sure and update this thread and let you know as well.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions