Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    The circumstances for me were...

Received Pre 2 and activated on 11/19 running WebOS 2.0, got home connected to Wifi and OTA updated to 2.0.1. Ran for a week, reported performance, installed apps, some worked some didn't. After seeing one other report of issues with a Dr. and seeing some confusion over advice given I decided to Dr. my phone with the latest 2.0.1 Dr and make certain of the procedures and outcome.

Dr'ed Sat. morning 11/27 and reported result to WebOS Internals via Twitter and later in the day posted here in this forum.

I had a few pictures I had taken, one video I had taken, several of each I had copied from my computer. I also had some custom ringtones I had copied and about 1GB of music over to the USB partition.

It was completely wiped when the Dr. was complete.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Personally, I hope 2.0 comes out for the Pre Plus soon...and keeps the USB-erasing function!

Why? My phone has been messed up since the day I got it...I can't doctor it, no matter what I do. It always errors out after the first reboot. Maybe this way, I'll be able to get through a full doctor!
    You have the option of deleting the contents of your USB drive, if you wish. I would rather the decision be left to me rather than forced on me at every update.
    I can see the need to wipe that partition for the migration of webos 1.x to 2.x land maybe provisionally till all the legacy devices are 2.x but the devices that start with 2.x yeah I was also through a ??? flag on that one.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    So the bottom line is that the 2.0 doc is NOT supposed to touch the USB drive and pastorrich1's case is unique right? If so, could the article be updated to reflect this? Some peeps there did comment that the doc did not purge the USB data.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 11/30/2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    So the bottom line is that the 2.0 doc is NOT supposed to touch the USB drive and pastorrich1's case is unique right? If so, could the article be updated to reflect this? Some peeps there did comment that the doc did not purge the USB data.
    I am waiting to hear again from HardBeatZ and see what he wants to check. There was one person who reported they Dr'ed and it didn't wipe their partition but it was one of our Devs and his report IMHO can be trusted, so one is enough for me to merit checking it out.

I will probably Dr. again this afternoon to see what happens this time. But if there is a set of circumstances by which this can happen, we need to know what they are. I have Dr'ed many times and never had anything happen that wasn't supposed to happen, so until we know for sure, I think leaving the article as is would be the safest option. Once we know what happened then it should be updated. again... IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I am waiting to hear again from HardBeatZ and see what he wants to check. There was one person who reported they Dr'ed and it didn't wipe their partition but it was one of our Devs and his report IMHO can be trusted, so one is enough for me to merit checking it out.

I will probably Dr. again this afternoon to see what happens this time. But if there is a set of circumstances by which this can happen, we need to know what they are. I have Dr'ed many times and never had anything happen that wasn't supposed to happen, so until we know for sure, I think leaving the article as is would be the safest option. Once we know what happened then it should be updated. again... IMHO
    I did Dr. mine as per earlier post on this thread - all my music etc... remained on the usb drive (i.e. /media/internal) however I am experiencing some side effects.
    Will try to log a call with Palm tomorrow to check it out.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  7.    #27  
    I just Dr'ed again using the same Dr. file and the same procedures in the same order as before and this time my USB partition stayed intact.

All of my music, videos, photos, ringtones etc. were there when I completed.

So perhaps it was a fluke?

Based on this I would recommend that a mod delete this thread (to prevent any further confusion) and for Dr. Ezor to update the article concerning this.
    << closed at OP's request>>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12