1.    #1  
    question can the dummy screen on a pre 2 be swapped to use on any Pre, or Pre plus versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    question can the dummy screen on a pre 2 be swapped to use on any Pre, or Pre plus versions?
    U might want to go to a Verizon store and ask if they will let you tear apart one of their dummies since they might not have the device in stock for awhile ........
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  3.    #3  
    well I was asking because they have a dummy pre 2 phone for sale on ebay, so I was going to purchase one of those for i think its $20. I was just woundering if anyone has used a dummy pre phone to swap out with a working pre phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    well I was asking because they have a dummy pre 2 phone for sale on ebay, so I was going to purchase one of those for i think its $20. I was just woundering if anyone has used a dummy pre phone to swap out with a working pre phone.
    I wouldn't do it for two reasons:

1) The only listing for "dummy pre 2" is a "PALM PRE PLUS 2"
    2) The dummy phone they're selling has no electronics, and the screen is actually just the glass screen (not even the digitizer that goes with the screen) with a piece of paper showing stacks or cards or something... Nothing real inside it that can be used at all in an actual working device
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I wouldn't do it for two reasons:

1) The only listing for "dummy pre 2" is a "PALM PRE PLUS 2"
    2) The dummy phone they're selling has no electronics, and the screen is actually just the glass screen (not even the digitizer that goes with the screen) with a piece of paper showing stacks or cards or something... Nothing real inside it that can be used at all in an actual working device
    oh ok thanks for the info.