Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    My Pre 2 is still on 2.0.0 and "up to date" according to the system update app.
    This is a device bought from the European Palm Store (eurostore.palm.com), activated (first ever created profile) in Sweden with a Swedish carrier.
    I'm trying to figure out if this device is even supposed to get an update. Anyone else not getting an update?

    I've tried asking the question on the Palm support chat, but got disconnected immediately.

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  2. #2  
    France> No update too.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    France> No update too.
    France what? Unlocked or SFR Pre?

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  4. #4  
    SFR locked Pre 2.
    I think update depends from your carrier unlocked or not.
  5.    #5  
    Never mind. There's a new 2.0.1 doctor at:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...02ueuna-wr.jar

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  6. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Never mind. There's a new 2.0.1 doctor at:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...02ueuna-wr.jar
    I am downloading the file now. Does it work on any Pre 2? Mine is Unlocked and I'm using it in Italy.
    BTW - do I just run the Doctor and it will update the new FW on the phone?

    Thanks!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    I am downloading the file now. Does it work on any Pre 2? Mine is Unlocked and I'm using it in Italy.
    BTW - do I just run the Doctor and it will update the new FW on the phone?

    Thanks!
    The Doctor will reinstall the OS. You'll then have to sign back into your Profile and restore all your information.
  8. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The Doctor will reinstall the OS. You'll then have to sign back into your Profile and restore all your information.
    OK thanks! Any regional/carrier limitations to that OS? Or known bugs?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    OK thanks! Any regional/carrier limitations to that OS? Or known bugs?
    I'm not too familiar with that...
  10. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #10  
    Well, I guess I'll just wait a little while to hear what ppl say about this!

    Thanks!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Never mind. There's a new 2.0.1 doctor at:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...02ueuna-wr.jar
    I doctored my unlocked unofficial Pre 2 and it wiped the USB-partition. So make backups, people.

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  12. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I doctored my unlocked unofficial Pre 2 and it wiped the USB-partition. So make backups, people.
    What did you lose exactly from the usb partiton? (wanting to doctor soon)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    What did you lose exactly from the usb partiton? (wanting to doctor soon)
    Everything on /media/internal. Meaning everything on the fat32 partition you see when you plug in your USB cord in your computer.

    I have a theory, though. Please correct me, anyone with more knowledge in this area. Here it goes:
    The 2.0.0 doctor was the same for SFR Pre 2:s and my unlocked EU Pre 2 on palm.com/rom for a day or two. Then it changed for the EU and NA devices. I think I might have doctored my Pre with the first version. It might perhaps explain both the update and wiping issue. Or not. I'm pretty much guessing here.

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  14. #14  
    you can know for sure which version is intended for your device by going to Palm support and entering your serial # for the WebOS Dr.

    whichever version it allows you to download is the most current one for your model (EU, SFR or NA)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    you can know for sure which version is intended for your device by going to Palm support and entering your serial # for the WebOS Dr.

    whichever version it allows you to download is the most current one for your model (EU, SFR or NA)
    Exactly. At palm.com/rom. And for two days or so, you got the same doctor whether you entered a SFR serial # or a EU serial #. I compared the URL I got to the URL from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  16. #16  
    I feel like doctoring my phone will the doctor that was posted here lol.
  17. Sim_1's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #17  
    So in the end the OS version you installed is still 2.0?
  18. #18  
    Sooooo are you saying we can doctor our phone to webos 2.0 now?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Sooooo are you saying we can doctor our phone to webos 2.0 now?
    Only if you have a Pre2 lol
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    So in the end the OS version you installed is still 2.0?
    No. 2.0.1, which I couldn't update to before.

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions