Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Engadget reported getting a "too many cards" error on the Pre 2, if I recall correctly.
    I hope that this isn't a common occurrence, - haven't ever got the "Too Many Cards" error on my Pre Plus, and won't be eager for 2.0 or a Pre 2 if this is the case.
    its not like that !! relax
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I've had the Pre 2 now for a week and I've not run into TMC once time. Right now I have drPodder, e-mail (syncing gmail and my exchange server through work), messenger, foursquare, bad kitty, music app, facebook beta app, and two web pages open. I've tried to get it with multiple pdk apps (angry birds, need for speed, and battleship open) and I haven't had it hit me.
    great to hear that !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Had my Pre 2 almost a week, never had too many cards error. Only really starting to get used to it and got Preware and a lot of extra homebrew apps installed tonight so the next few days may be able to stress it a bit. I've just had govnah, calendar, e-mail, messaging, contacts, multiple web sites, facebook, nine different games, secustore, tasks, photos, clock, internalz running and its not broken a sweat can't wait to test it out more in the coming days and weeks...
    really kool !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    What happens after the tmc message? Does the phone lock up, or restart or something? Or is it just a message that tells you you have too many cards open?
    To all those who have overclocked their Pre and Pre Plus', doesn't the UberKernal address the TMC error? Something to do with the memory swap? I might be a Noob here, but the TMC error was completely resolved when I installed UberKernal on my original Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    To all those who have overclocked their Pre and Pre Plus', doesn't the UberKernal address the TMC error? Something to do with the memory swap? I might be a Noob here, but the TMC error was completely resolved when I installed UberKernal on my original Pre.
    Yes if you turn on Compcache. Basically it enables "virtual memory", though it works a bit differently than traditional VM.

But Pre Plus doesn't really need it, I've had it off since I switched over and never had a TMC. In fact it slows things down if you have it on when you don't need it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    What happens after the tmc message? Does the phone lock up, or restart or something? Or is it just a message that tells you you have too many cards open?
    It's a message, and the last card you opened won't open. Also you probably can't open any other cards as well until you throw away some existing cards.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    In both the instances that I had the error, it was something running or trying to run in the background that was triggering the message. Both times I was already running a program (Angry Birds, Mail) and the "Too Many Cards" error popped up.

I was able to throw it away and continue but something didn't run. My suspicion in one instance was that it was something to do with the Software Manager as after a reboot I got a notification regarding two updates. Just a suspision mind you.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have ... recently
    I have too actually, over the last couple of weeks, with as little as 5 cards open, and none of them games. Overclocked Screenstate 1000/500 UK. I'm not sure why this is happening, I haven't done anything different lately to my phone. I'm debating a trip to the Doctor, but not sure if that's the answer or not.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yes if you turn on Compcache. Basically it enables "virtual memory", though it works a bit differently than traditional VM.

But Pre Plus doesn't really need it, I've had it off since I switched over and never had a TMC. In fact it slows things down if you have it on when you don't need it.
    Straight from the man himself why you don't see TMC errors:

Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho
    [These kernels] disable low memory checking.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Well, this is a blow. After thinking that the "Too Many Cards" error was a thing of the past on my Palm Pre Plus, I've had two instances of "Too Many Cards" on my Pre 2 in the week that I've had it. Not impressed.

Anyone else had this?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    you can overload any phone if it doing to much in the background sheeesh , and if you have homebrew apps on your phone then it's more likely one of them is coded badly and causing a memory leak. If not then maybe you have something clogging up ram like overly long message convo's in the messaging app or hundreds of emails in the email app. Dieter had over 50 apps open on this phone he was using with no tmc error. So there are the little details that we don't know about and can't see . Moot
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    We had experiments where you'll get it with 3 PDK games open, email, etc. When will you ever be doing that?! Yeah it's multitasking but not even iPhone users wanna play 3 games at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    thanks for that tip Shadavis. That email count is probably the cause of myTMC as I am getting 10-20/day now from work and I haven't been deleting them from my phone. I didn't even think about that. Sitting at 184 emails on my phone...hopefully that's the reason and not something else.
    actually, I got the too many cards error quite a bit after I logged into my existing profile and the app manager downloadedall my apps. I think one of the apps was going rogue on the processor or memory. I'd get the tmc, then the phone would become sluggish, then non responsive, then reboot.

Haven't figured out which app is the culprit yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    thanks for that tip Shadavis. That email count is probably the cause of myTMC as I am getting 10-20/day now from work and I haven't been deleting them from my phone. I didn't even think about that. Sitting at 184 emails on my phone...hopefully that's the reason and not something else.
    definitely go into the trash folders and empty them , this will help speed phone up . its just a pain to have to delete them twice all the time lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    So this is about the TMC on the Pre 2, right? It sounds like the OP did not have very many cards open at all, and had one of the cards maximized when the TMC popped up. This is not the typical TMC at all. Anyone who suggests that the OP simply had too many cards open isn't really reading his posts (or just doesn't believe them).

AndrewP: this sounds like something Palm would want to know about. I recommend a PM to Hardbeatz, a Palm employee who hangs out here. He may be interested in getting a log file from your phone if you're willing to provide it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    is having as much as 15 cards open at once really needed? just curious to what you could possibly doing or why?
    Some people might roll like this, for example: http://www.precentral.net/managing-y...s-20-workspace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast