Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have ... recently
    You don't count
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:22 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Since I upgraded to a Pre Plus I haven't seen the TMC error once.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Since I upgraded to a Pre Plus I haven't seen the TMC error once.
    I have a Pre Minus. Since I started overclocking earlier this year, I have only seen the TMC error once... This TMC error on the Pre2 that the OP has sounds like a memory leak issue. Maybe it's something with webOS 2.0?
    At what point does this thread get closed for trolling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Judging by OP's other recent posts, he doesn't seem to be a troll at all...
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Blinking heck....I go downstairs to watch a bit of TV and all hell breaks loose....

Right, to answer the questions about the number of apps, I didn't have that many open. The first time, I would have probably had Calendar, Mail, Contacts, drPodder, Feeds, Outline Tracker, SplashID and I was playing Angry Birds at the time. There was probably also a web browser in there too.

The second time, I didn't have any any PDK apps open and I was in Mail at the time but it would probably be a similar set of apps.

The error message must've related to an application that was trying to run in the background as I was already using the applications. Not sure about the first time, but the second time, after chucking away some cards, the Software Manager notification popped up wanting to install two updates.

I've definitely had way more apps open on the Pre Plus and to be honest, it's not a regular occurrence. A memory leak probably is the issue.

So, no troll I'm afraid. If it happens again, I'll try and get screenshot. What's the key combo again?

Andrew
    just wandering if he is ever gona report back to us , or is he scared too lol

edit there he is now lol ltm ltm ltm ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Blinking heck....I go downstairs to watch a bit of TV and all hell breaks loose....

Right, to answer the questions about the number of apps, I didn't have that many open. The first time, I would have probably had Calendar, Mail, Contacts, drPodder, Feeds, Outline Tracker, SplashID and I was playing Angry Birds at the time. There was probably also a web browser in there too.

The second time, I didn't have any any PDK apps open and I was in Mail at the time but it would probably be a similar set of apps.

The error message must've related to an application that was trying to run in the background as I was already using the applications. Not sure about the first time, but the second time, after chucking away some cards, the Software Manager notification popped up wanting to install two updates.

I've definitely had way more apps open on the Pre Plus and to be honest, it's not a regular occurrence. A memory leak probably is the issue.

So, no troll I'm afraid. If it happens again, I'll try and get screenshot. What's the key combo again?

Andrew
    thanks for the info and try to calm down on the apps opened just a little and you may never see that too many cards thing again lol .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Thanks. It's late here in the UK so I'm off to bed. See you in the morning.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Exactly. I can't see his post count on the mobile site, but I'm waving the "T" flag on this one. Dieter had like 55 cards open including like 5-6 PDK apps?

Andrew
    Pending on the website, the web app can get up there with resource consumption pending on the content on the site, pretty certain even more with flash running. Ive had more open on My Sprint Pre before using most of those listed apps untill I open web app and then sometimes I get the TMC on some sites with alot open.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Memory leaks, perhaps?
    This is what the move to Enyo platform is supposed to eventually fix, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Exactly. I can't see his post count on the mobile site, but I'm waving the "T" flag on this one. Dieter had like 55 cards open including like 5-6 PDK apps?
    well if he had his email app open and syncing alot of mail it was take up alot off ram or even the messaging app open with alot of large convo's
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thanks. It's late here in the UK so I'm off to bed. See you in the morning.

Andrew
    definitely grab some gray+sym+p shots if it happens again.

note to Palm: at least have the sense to CHANGE THE ERROR MESSAGE to we can believe TMC is solved and something new has emerged. Even microsoft eventually figured out they needed to change the UAE and BSOD messages to something else....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    definitely grab some gray+sym+p shots if it happens again.

note to Palm: at least have the sense to CHANGE THE ERROR MESSAGE to we can believe TMC is solved and something new has emerged. Even microsoft eventually figured out they needed to change the UAE and BSOD messages to something else....
    they are working on it im sure !!! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    This is what the move to Enyo platform is supposed to eventually fix, right?
    Enyo will likely fix this once the apps move to it. However bad apps can still cause this even with Enyo if they are badly coded - same way an android app can take down the whole system.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Enyo will likely fix this once the apps move to it. However bad apps can still cause this even with Enyo if they are badly coded - same way an android app can take down the whole system.
    + 1 Billion!

Been saying that for the longest...
    is having as much as 15 cards open at once really needed? just curious to what you could possibly doing or why?
    trying to get the tmc error
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Engadget reported getting a "too many cards" error on the Pre 2, if I recall correctly.
    I hope that this isn't a common occurrence, - haven't ever got the "Too Many Cards" error on my Pre Plus, and won't be eager for 2.0 or a Pre 2 if this is the case.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast