1.    #1  
    Hi folks

Just saw my first Verizon commercial on TV for LTE - "Coming December 2010" (I'm in the Houston, TX marketplace).

Is it possible that we missed an FCC registration for the Pre2 on LTE freq's?
    Are they (Verizon) holding back on Pre2 while they get that (oh-so-sweet-a-concept) combination sorted/tested?

Just a thought...

And for teh conspiracy theorists / naysayaers out there:
    "I'm not paranoid.. but if I was, I'd have every right to be!"

It'd mean their phone would have to operate on GSM/LTE networks and I'm pretty sure it's confirmed the Pre 2 has a CDMA chipset (For Verizon).

Anything's possible I suppose, I'd put this on the highly unlikely list however.
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi folks

Just saw my first Verizon commercial on TV for LTE - "Coming December 2010" (I'm in the Houston, TX marketplace).

Are they (Verizon) holding back on Pre2 while they get that (oh-so-sweet-a-concept) combination sorted/tested?

Just a thought...

There was no LTE FCC frequency clearance. We checked it by Palm's FCC "grantee code" which is o8f and used "Palm" as the "Applicant Name."

You can mess around with dates to see only the VZW and NA GSM Pre2, which can be done with the following date range:

10/18/2010
    10/20/2010

all of this at:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    though I doubt it will be lte I did notice that under palms site for the pre 2 it did not specify network type whereas everyone else (like palm canada) and previous versions did specify dma vs gsm.
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi folks

Just a thought...

I was thinking the same as you last night and wrote this post:

A question for kudos. Palm Pre 2 Verizon 4G?

Verizon is launching their 4G/LTE network in a few days more, December 2010. The Palm Pre2 is coming soon on Verizon. On the latest precentral post about Pre2 CPU OMAP 36X http://www.precentral.net/cpu-prowess-palm-pre-2 the graphic shows a feature of it, apparently the antenna can go 3G/4G modem. Does it mean that the Pre 2 can work on both radios anytime.

If that so, maybe there is a probability to launch the Palm Pre 2 on the Verizon 4G/LTE networks Sorry my ignorance. But I am just trying to figure out, why The Palm Pre2 Verizon launch is taking sometime ?
    My guess is that Verizon likes to "kick the tires" a bit harder and longer than other carriers might.
    Verizon may have found a bug with webOS 2.0, thus webOS 2.0.1 is out for the unlocked GSM Pre 2 & maybe Verizon is now re-testing their Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1?
    the biggest bug for palm IS vzw.
    I too have a feeling that Pre 2 could be a 4G (LTE version) phone on Verizon. That would be a killer of a deal for HPalm before Christmas. Go HPalm, just do it.
    I read today that Verizon doesn't expect LTE phones until mid 2011 (ie summer). They will only offer the mifi thing initially, just like Sprint did with their first roll out of 4G.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Even with the LTE rollout, it will take a long time to deploy it all over the place to make it worth mentioning. How long has WiMax been out for Sprint and its still sparse?? Id say meh to LTE and release the pre2 as is now and leave the LTE on the next webos device. Pre2 is already a little outdated in hardware and would not make since to delay it further to get LTE.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....