Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    At the time this thread was created the official Preware wiki was not updated nor was there a compatible WOSQI for webOS 2.x. But there is now so all you need to do is go to the official webOS internals Preware wiki at the link below.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 05/04/2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: technical notes
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Excellent tutorial. I just installed Preware. No problems at all. Thanks a lot!
    Hello!
    Nice guide, thank you.

When I start preware I receive the following error: "Not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.ipkgservice".

Someone could kindly explain to me where am I wrong?

Thanks in adv.

c.mich (I had my last palm 8 y ago!)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by c.mich View Post
    Hello!
    Nice guide, thank you.

When I start preware I receive the following error: "Not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.ipkgservice".

Thanks in adv.

Is Preware loading and starting for you and showing the feeds categories?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Is Preware loading and starting for you and showing the feeds categories?
    No, it doesn't; it seems to start loading but "ERROR" appear an then the message I wrote in my previous post.
  6.    #6  
    No, it doesn't; it seems to start loading but "ERROR" appear an then the message I wrote in my previous post.
    I'm sorry, I don't know. It appears though that Rod Whitby, creator of Preware is active on the forums today. You could shoot him a PM and see if he has the answer. If he does, please post the solution here so others will know and have it available.
    I'll do that!

Thanks a lot!
    Hello!
    Nice guide, thank you.

Thanks in adv.

What version of Preware are you installing? That error message indicates that the version you are installing does not have the additional LS2 role files that are required for webOS 2.0 services.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Yep, I'm up and running with Preware and Homebrew too.

Thanks,

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What version of Preware are you installing? That error message indicates that the version you are installing does not have the additional LS2 role files that are required for webOS 2.0 services.

-- Rod
    Thanks rwhitby!!
    It was an old version.

I uninstalled it, I don't know how I did but now I have the last version.
    Last edited by c.mich; 11/26/2010 at 04:30 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks rwhitby!!
    It was an old version.

I uninstalled it, but now I'm not able to install the new one, I mean not with WebOSQuickInstall: an error occurs
    Does it act like it installs but then gives you the error part way through? If so, just restart your Pre 2 and see if it is on the first launcher page.
    With my new Palm Pre 2, I'm new to webOS. Worked with PalmOS before.
    With these description Preware is running!
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    So I get the same ERROR see attached screen shot.

WebOS 2.0, tried both 2.0.1 and 2.0 - get the same result. If I try to remove an application through Device Management or try to install an IPK, I get the same error.

I have found that restarting the phone after an attempted install or removal completes the process. For instance, I installed Preware using the blue down arrow, get the ERROR message. Preware is not showing on the Launcher. Restart the phone and now it is shown on the Launcher.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You should use palm-install to install Preware on webOS 2.0

-- Rod
  15.    #15  
    You should use palm-install to install Preware on webOS 2.0

-- Rod
    Rod, forgive me for being a little confused. The links in the first post go to the WebOS internals website for your instructions to install Preware. Is there something other than that WebOS 2.0 users should be using?

I guess I don't know what palm-install is....

If I need to change the OP to correct any inaccuracies or update the information just let me know.
    As far as I know, Jason has not yet qualified WebOS Quick Install for use with webOS 2.0 - palm-install is from the official Palm SDK and is guaranteed to always work for installing Preware, no matter what the webOS version. It is also fully supported by Palm, with instructions on how to use it on developer.palm.com

I have not updated our Wiki page yet, cause I have been hoping that WebOS Quick Install would be qualified for webOS 2.0 now that the webOS doctor is available.

-- Rod
  17.    #17  
    As far as I know, Jason has not yet qualified WebOS Quick Install for use with webOS 2.0 - palm-install is from the official Palm SDK and is guaranteed to always work for installing Preware, no matter what the webOS version. It is also fully supported by Palm, with instructions on how to use it on developer.palm.com

I have not updated our Wiki page yet, cause I have been hoping that WebOS Quick Install would be qualified for webOS 2.0 now that the webOS doctor is available.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the clarification. I am just getting familiar with the SDK and have never used palm-install. I am sure I will get accustomed to it soon enough.

If you would prefer I can re-write the OP with instructions for using Palm-Install. Although I won't be able to do it until I get back to home later this afternoon.
    OK, so my experiences from yesterday trying to install Preware on a Pre 2 unsuccessfully in a number of ways (both from instructions here at the forum, and webos-internals.org); when I finally came across this thread telling me to use palm-install from the SDK, it was straightforward. Running Win7 64-bit. Phone is unlocked EU version of Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.0.

1) Go to developer.palm.com and download/install the SDK (used the current 1.4.5 version) and prerequisites (Java, etc.)
    2) Download preware ipk from WebOS QuickInstall (don't need to connect phone)
    3) Put phone in dev mode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
    4) Connect to USB (make sure Novacom and all that stuff is ok)
    5) Command prompt, do "palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.4.5_arm"

Done. Worked beautifully. All other attempts made me get the error listed in this theard, not allowed to send this-and-that-something.

Thanks for the help
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    OK, so my experiences from yesterday trying to install Preware on a Pre 2 unsuccessfully in a number of ways (both from instructions here at the forum, and webos-internals.org); when I finally came across this thread telling me to use palm-install from the SDK, it was straightforward. Running Win7 64-bit. Phone is unlocked EU version of Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.0.

1) Go to developer.palm.com and download/install the SDK (used the current 1.4.5 version) and prerequisites (Java, etc.)
    2) Download preware ipk from WebOS QuickInstall (don't need to connect phone)
    3) Put phone in dev mode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
    4) Connect to USB (make sure Novacom and all that stuff is ok)
    5) Command prompt, do "palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.4.5_arm"

Done. Worked beautifully. All other attempts made me get the error listed in this theard, not allowed to send this-and-that-something.

Thanks for the help
    Thanks for posting the palm-install instructions.

Eventhough WebOS Quick Install hasn't been qualified with WebOS 2.0, that method of install works fine as well. You will get a single Error message but restart your phone and Preware will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Eventhough WebOS Quick Install hasn't been qualified with WebOS 2.0, that method of install works fine as well. You will get a single Error message but restart your phone and Preware will be there.
    Ok, maybe I did something wrong onw the quickinstall - could get the icon but still the error messages as listed above. However, there was possibly remains of a Preware 1.1 (?) install that I tried from a preware standalone installer just before that, maybe that caused the problems. Uninstalled all and did the palm-install thing, WFM so I'm happy.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast