Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    i only read the first page but.
    Here's what i did.
    Downloaded Palm SDK from Home - HP Palm Developer Center
    Downloaded the Dr. for webOS 2.1 from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals ran the doctor up to the point where i COULD push next.
    Downloaded Preware 1.5.0.exe from here Index of /
    Put my phone in developer mode, plugged it in, just charge.
    Ran the .exe, clicked install. And Boom, it was done.

EDIT: This was done on Windows 7.
    OP, you mean webOS 2.0.1.

BTW... Congrats on getting it done using the standalone installer. Rod always does quality work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    OP, you mean webOS 2.0.1.

BTW... Congrats on getting it done using the standalone installer. Rod always does quality work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Good catch. I'll go fix that
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If Preware is installed, and is able to install other packages, then it's working fine and you do not need to change it.

-- Rod
    My main problem with 2.0 is that when using preware I often end up using the doctor. Now when we do this I will lose my dictionary and text shortcuts that Ive put a lot of effort into building up. It isn't backed up to my Palm profile. Is there a way to export it?
    Not sure why using Preware on 2.0 makes you doctor ...

Save/Restore currently doesn't save those things, but could be made to do so.

-- Rod
    Hi, I had the same problem on OSX 10.6, I tried using a win XP laptop and no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    i only read the first page but.
    Here's what i did.
    Downloaded Palm SDK from Home - HP Palm Developer Center
    Downloaded the Dr. for webOS 2.0.1 from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals ran the doctor up to the point where i COULD push next.
    Downloaded Preware 1.5.0.exe from here Index of /
    Put my phone in developer mode, plugged it in, just charge.
    Ran the .exe, clicked install. And Boom, it was done.

EDIT: This was done on Windows 7.
    I do not know what I am doing wrong but I am doing exactly this (I think) and it says no device found. So frustrated.

I have a Palm Pre 2 P102UNA Unlocked on AT&T

I know the cable is fine because I can transfer things to and from my phone in USB mode

I have webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr.jar

I have PrewareInstaller-1.5.0.exe

Device is in developer mode

Device is connected as "Just Charge"

Please help me get on the bandwagon! I need some more ***** proof instructions.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I do not know what I am doing wrong but I am doing exactly this (I think) and it says no device found. So frustrated.

I have a Palm Pre 2 P102UNA Unlocked on AT&T

I know the cable is fine because I can transfer things to and from my phone in USB mode

I have webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr.jar

I have PrewareInstaller-1.5.0.exe

Please help me get on the bandwagon! I need some more ***** proof instructions.
    Have you tried one of the other methods from the first post?
    Ive tried. Honestly. I had no problems helping other people out on their Pre or Pre Plusses but I cannot for the life of me figure it out on my Pre 2. Can you imagine running a stock webOS phone for well over a month now? Sigh.
  9.    #109  
    Ive tried. Honestly. I had no problems helping other people out on their Pre or Pre Plusses but I cannot for the life of me figure it out on my Pre 2. Can you imagine running a stock webOS phone for well over a month now? Sigh.
    So you have tried using WebOS Quick Install for this?

And running the Pre 2 stock is no chore.... I like my patches but it functions very nicely without any tweaking.
    I am loving the pre2 honestly. I really just miss the flashlight and brightness in device menu, video camera flash...more browser bookmarks....ok fine I need patches yes.

I have tried using webos quickinstall, Ive tried the Doctor to install the latest novacom drivers then the standalone installer, Ive even tried manually installing the novacom drivers. I do not know how to do command line.

I must be missing something very basic.
    OMG i got PREWARE!

I went back into the DR file and changed the extension from .jar to .zip, went into resources and ran the novacom x64 installer. Then it told me my computer already had it so I went into add/remove programs to remove it before i ran the novacom x64 installer. Then I ran the Preware installer and FINALLY it saw my phone and was nice to it and put preware on it like it was always supposed to.

I tried this once already but perhaps I had the wrong version or something. Oh well.

Yes I'm a newb but I am happy to join the party.
  12.    #112  
    I am loving the pre2 honestly. I really just miss the flashlight and brightness in device menu, video camera flash...more browser bookmarks....ok fine I need patches yes.

I have tried using webos quickinstall, Ive tried the Doctor to install the latest novacom drivers then the standalone installer, Ive even tried manually installing the novacom drivers. I do not know how to do command line.

I must be missing something very basic.
    It really sounds like it is your Novacom drivers. I saw someone post that right clicking on the Dr. (or the novacom install msi) and selecting Run as Administrator fixed their issue.

And while some of those patches are not yet updated for the Pre 2, I personally did the more browser bookmarks patch, youtube video downloads, no video pause when minimized or screen dimmed/off, browser multi-mod, add bookmark button in browser, and add new card button in browser.

Multi mod is in the patches forum but should be available in Preware soon, all the rest are already in Preware.
    I had no problem installing preware but upon opening it just sits there and glows. The options drop down isn't available either. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    anyone have problems updating their feeds. I just installed Preware and the feeds do not update so I cant see anything? any ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    anyone have problems updating their feeds. I just installed Preware and the feeds do not update so I cant see anything? any ideas
    ok forget it. I dont know what the problem was but it is working now. I was using the Pre 2 on my Pre Plus's mobile hotspot. Maybe that was the reason. When I connected to my home wifi it worked.
    what do you mean by "run the dr.file" ? do i click the panic button on webos quickinstall ? and where do i find the dr.file on my computer if i need to go through the process of changing it to a .zip file?
    Hey guys, I need some help.

I'm trying to get Preware on my Palm Pre 2 but when I try to install WebosDoctor I am asked for my service provider (Rogers in Canada) which is not included on the list. I was wondering if there was a way around that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Hey guys, I need some help.

I'm trying to get Preware on my Palm Pre 2 but when I try to install WebosDoctor I am asked for my service provider (Rogers in Canada) which is not included on the list. I was wondering if there was a way around that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    You can get the doctor you need from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Awesome, thank you so much.
    Lol there is more.

How do I get the Quickinstall.jar to run the Doctor? I am still prompted to install WebosDoctor when Quickinstall is opened.

I'm sorry, I consider myself to be a pretty tech-savy person but this, I can't figure out.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast