Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Whilst I would not call it the safest or best way myself, it should work fine on 2.0 (it's not related to WOSQI in any way).

The safest way is to use palm-install ... guaranteed to always work (of course you need the right novacom drivers installed and working).

-- Rod
    I had tried it previously and it hung on the sh command, although I was using the linux command line in WoSQI. I had not tried any of the other methods of command line into the Pre 2. Here is what it says in the window...

root@palm-webos-device: cd /tmpwget http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap
    Connecting to bit.ly (168.143.172.53:80)

preware-bootstrap 0% | | 0 --:--:-- ETA
    preware-bootstrap 100% |*******************************| 7797 00:00:00 ETA
    root@palm-webos-device: sh preware-bootstrap
    It puts those commands together even though I typed them separately.

Of course, the palm-install method works without a hitch.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I had tried it previously and it hung on the sh command, although I was using the linux command line in WoSQI.
    I personally would not recommend the linux command line in WoSQI. It does not handle anything more than a simple single line command and single line response very well at all.

Always use novaterm to talk to the command line.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeo View Post
    Nope.
    I'm now going to try the installation using VMware on Mac.
    Hopefully Windows is an easier environment to get it done ;-)
    Quick question:
    "The easiest way to do this is by running the Dr. file up until the point that it says "Checking System". When that is complete it will tell you to connect your phone. When you do, the "Next" button should become clickable. If it does then the Novacom Drivers are installed properly and you can close out of the Dr. DO NOT CLICK NEXT OR YOU WILL DR. YOUR PHONE
    Now continue to step 2."

When I connect the phone, it asked for USB Drive or Just Charge. Which one should I select? And after the connection, how much time elapse before "NEXT" becomes clickable?
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeo View Post
    Quick question:
    "The easiest way to do this is by running the Dr. file up until the point that it says "Checking System". When that is complete it will tell you to connect your phone. When you do, the "Next" button should become clickable. If it does then the Novacom Drivers are installed properly and you can close out of the Dr. DO NOT CLICK NEXT OR YOU WILL DR. YOUR PHONE
    Now continue to step 2."

When I connect the phone, it asked for USB Drive or Just Charge. Which one should I select? And after the connection, how much time elapse before "NEXT" becomes clickable?
    Just charge and not long...
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I personally would not recommend the linux command line in WoSQI. It does not handle anything more than a simple single line command and single line response very well at all.

Always use novaterm to talk to the command line.

-- Rod
    LOL... something else to add to my "need to know" list.
    I'm using Mac OSX 10.6 and Novcom drivers are not getting installed, it is still not seeing Pre2 connected to MAC, But on the phone it shows it is charging and Pre 2 is in Devmode.

Please advice me something I tried running DR also, it is also not installing drivers.

Windows 7 ultimate did installed drivers for webos 2.0 novcom but while trasfering the ipks it is getting stuck.

I emailed IPK files and tried opening it through phone but it is saying it is not able to execute (not recognize format).

Thanks in advance
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    Windows 7 ultimate did installed drivers for webos 2.0 novcom but while trasfering the ipks it is getting stuck.
    What do you mean by "transferring the ipks"? Please be specific what you are doing. Are you trying to use Palm-install, WoSQI, command line?

So you can connect your Pre 2 and WoSQI recognizes it in Windows 7 ultimate?

I emailed IPK files and tried opening it through phone but it is saying it is not able to execute (not recognize format).

Thanks in advance
    This is expected since phone does not have a native IPK installer.
    What do you mean by "transferring the ipks"? Please be specific what you are doing. Are you trying to use Palm-install, WoSQI, command line?
    WoSQI and Preware Installer, it just gives message on the small window as "Connecting To device"

So you can connect your Pre 2 and WoSQI recognizes it in Windows 7 ultimate?
    W7 is seeing the device. but WoSQI hangs when I go to Device Management
    This is expected since phone does not have a native IPK installer.
    Thanks
  9.    #69  
    WoSQI and Preware Installer, it just gives message on the small window as "Connecting To device"

W7 is seeing the device. but WoSQI hangs when I go to Device Management

Thanks
    What version of WoSQI are you using? Is the phone in devmode? And in WoSQI, go to tools or help I think (I don't have it here at work to see) and click on attempt Novacom reinstall.
  10.    #70  
    Preware Installer? Did you click on the blue arrow in WoSQI and then switch the drop down to the Pre feed and then click in the box beside Preware and then click download and then close that box. Then you should see the Preware IPK in the large open space of WoSQI. If your phone is connected properly all you have to do is click Install.
    What version of WoSQI are you using? Is the phone in devmode? And in WoSQI, go to tools or help I think (I don't have it here at work to see) and click on attempt Novacom reinstall.
    I got it WoSQI from Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Yes, I installed drivers from re(install) just to be on safer side.
    Preware Installer? Did you click on the blue arrow in WoSQI and then switch the drop down to the Pre feed and then click in the box beside Preware and then click download and then close that box. Then you should see the Preware IPK in the large open space of WoSQI. If your phone is connected properly all you have to do is click Install.
    Yes, I did this too,

I have preware ipk in the box.

Thanks
  13.    #73  
    post a screen shot of the error msg plz
    post a screen shot of the error msg plz
  15.    #75  
    Yes, I did this too,

I have preware ipk in the box.

Thanks
    So did you get it installed?
    So did you get it installed?
    Nope on Mac it says no phone and windows it is just trying to connect to device
  17.    #77  
    Nope on Mac it says no phone and windows it is just trying to connect to device
    tell you what, you send me your phone and I will put Preware on it for you. LOL
    tell you what, you send me your phone and I will put Preware on it for you. LOL
    That's nice of you

There is no info about novcom drivers for mac, no idea why but it is the fact.

thanks for all the help
  19.    #79  
    I really wish I could figure it out. But I really will get it working for you if you want. I just shipped a Pre 2 to Australia today. PM me or have a have friend with a PC contact me. I will walk them through it over the phone if I need to. I just don't know Mac at all.
    I'm on a Mac and used the standalone installer on my Pre 2 and it installed Preware 1.4.5. I'm able to download apps, there's 22 available patches. I'm not sure if I should stick with this or go the quick install route? Thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast