Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 135
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I finally got Dr to recognize my phone on a different computer. Still can't get WebOS quick install to go through though...

    EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to put the phone back in Dev mode after I DR'd it. Installed Preware worked like a charm. Still don't know why my other ssytem was refusing to recover the 64 bit drivers though.
    Whew.... I had hit a dead end. I am glad it finally worked on another computer.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  2. PLinger's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #42  
    I followed the guide on webOS Internals wiki for the Standalone Installer and ended up with this error:





    Is this fixable or should I start over again?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    I followed the guide on webOS Internals wiki for the Standalone Installer and ended up with this error:


    Is this fixable or should I start over again?
    Remove Preware, that is an old version and it is looking for the package manager service. (tap and hold your option key and then tap the Preware icon and choose delete).

    Then follow the instructions for either WebOS Quick Install (from the Preware install wiki) or Palm-Install (from this thread).
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4. PLinger's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Remove Preware, that is an old version and it is looking for the package manager service. (tap and hold your option key and then tap the Preware icon and choose delete).

    Then follow the instructions for either WebOS Quick Install (from the Preware install wiki) or Palm-Install (from this thread).
    webOS Quick Install could not connect to the phone. Then Palm-install could not find the device.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    webOS Quick Install could not connect to the phone. Then Palm-install could not find the device.
    Did you install the Novacom drivers as noted in the very first post in this thread?

    If so, then just restart your computer and try again.

    Also make sure you are in developer mode.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6. PLinger's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Did you install the Novacom drivers as noted in the very first post in this thread?

    If so, then just restart your computer and try again.

    Also make sure you are in developer mode.
    I was pretty sure the novacom drivers were installed (I checked before using the faulty standalone preware installer) but I had to unzip the Dr package and manually install drivers. Well, I'm happy I got it installed. Thanks.

    This thread should be stickied until the webos installer wiki is updated.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    I was pretty sure the novacom drivers were installed (I checked before using the faulty standalone preware installer) but I had to unzip the Dr package and manually install drivers. Well, I'm happy I got it installed. Thanks.

    This thread should be stickied until the webos installer wiki is updated.
    Just click on the little "report" icon on the first post and ask it to be sticky'd. If the mods feel it merits it, they will.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    OK, so my experiences from yesterday trying to install Preware on a Pre 2 unsuccessfully in a number of ways (both from instructions here at the forum, and webos-internals.org); when I finally came across this thread telling me to use palm-install from the SDK, it was straightforward. Running Win7 64-bit. Phone is unlocked EU version of Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.0.

    1) Go to developer.palm.com and download/install the SDK (used the current 1.4.5 version) and prerequisites (Java, etc.)
    2) Download preware ipk from WebOS QuickInstall (don't need to connect phone)
    3) Put phone in dev mode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
    4) Connect to USB (make sure Novacom and all that stuff is ok)
    5) Command prompt, do "palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.4.5_arm"

    Done. Worked beautifully. All other attempts made me get the error listed in this theard, not allowed to send this-and-that-something.

    Thanks for the help
    I tried the above method (on Mac OSX), but keeps getting "device not found" error. I've checked and found that the Novacom drivers etc are already installed on the system. Rebooted the system as well. The other difference is I'm on WebOS 2.0.1. Not sure if this is a big difference. Downloaded the SDK from Palm.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeo View Post
    I tried the above method (on Mac OSX), but keeps getting "device not found" error. I've checked and found that the Novacom drivers etc are already installed on the system. Rebooted the system as well. The other difference is I'm on WebOS 2.0.1. Not sure if this is a big difference. Downloaded the SDK from Palm.
    When you say that the Novacom drivers are "already installed", do you mean you installed them during the steps or they were there already? If the latter is the case then you will need to remove them and re-install using the drivers from the 2.0.x Dr. file. (I guess the Mac drivers are in there). After removing the old drivers and re-starting, you could also just start the Dr. and run it up to the point where it says to connect your phone. If the "Next" button turns clickable then it installed the drivers for you.

    And there isn't any difference for the purposes in this thread between 2.0 and 2.0.1, so no worries there.

    The thing I don't get about the method you used is that the post says to Download the Preware ipk using WoSQI.... If you just connect your phone at that point and click the Install button, you are done (ignore the error message and restart your phone).
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  10. vanngoh's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #50  
    Ok for those of u who were still BLUR how come your novacom wil not work on ur pre 2 (watever win ver u use), i finally got my NOVACOM installed on my pre 2.

    1) You HAVE TO download a newer ver of the webos Dr 2.0 for Pre 2 to work!
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    2) After d/l finished, open the Dr. and let it check system and insert your phone,
    DO NOT CLICK NEXT.
    3) Then the latest version of NOVACOM will be searched and installed successfully.

    This is only for novacom for pre 2, well, at least u need novacom to install quick install and preware right?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanngoh View Post
    This is only for novacom for pre 2, well, at least u need novacom to install quick install and preware right?
    Yes, the proper Novacom drivers are required in order to use webOS Quick Install or install Preware using any of the methods.

    Also, running the Dr. to install the drivers should work for most people, but it won't work for everyone. That is why I put the note as to how to install them manually from the 2.0.x Dr. file.

    If they follow the instructions in the first post of this thread they will do everything you just posted.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    When you say that the Novacom drivers are "already installed", do you mean you installed them during the steps or they were there already? If the latter is the case then you will need to remove them and re-install using the drivers from the 2.0.x Dr. file. (I guess the Mac drivers are in there). After removing the old drivers and re-starting, you could also just start the Dr. and run it up to the point where it says to connect your phone. If the "Next" button turns clickable then it installed the drivers for you.

    And there isn't any difference for the purposes in this thread between 2.0 and 2.0.1, so no worries there.

    The thing I don't get about the method you used is that the post says to Download the Preware ipk using WoSQI.... If you just connect your phone at that point and click the Install button, you are done (ignore the error message and restart your phone).
    I got the drivers in there when I did the installation using the DR. file that was downloaded from Palm site.

    I had the Preware ipk when I did an initial installation using WoSQI. Managed to click the "blue" arrow, select the Preware file, and got downloaded into my Install directory. I clicked Install button, but there don't seemed to be any response. Don't recall seeing an error message. How long should I wait?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeo View Post
    I got the drivers in there when I did the installation using the DR. file that was downloaded from Palm site.

    I had the Preware ipk when I did an initial installation using WoSQI. Managed to click the "blue" arrow, select the Preware file, and got downloaded into my Install directory. I clicked Install button, but there don't seemed to be any response. Don't recall seeing an error message. How long should I wait?
    Did you get any activity when you clicked install (the little install dialog)?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Did you get any activity when you clicked install (the little install dialog)?
    Nope.
    I'm now going to try the installation using VMware on Mac.
    Hopefully Windows is an easier environment to get it done ;-)
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeo View Post
    Nope.
    I'm now going to try the installation using VMware on Mac.
    Hopefully Windows is an easier environment to get it done ;-)
    If you follow the instructions.... windows will work fine.

    Sorry I don't know more about Mac to help you better.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  16. #56  
    Sorry for a silly question -- this is my first webOS device so I'm not sure how it worked in the past. Seems that some Preware patches are unavailable when I search -- is it because they're incompatible with webOS 2.0.1? I was searching specifically for the Toggle 3G patch but it doesn't seem to show up in Preware. Thanks for the help!
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by nkedge View Post
    Sorry for a silly question -- this is my first webOS device so I'm not sure how it worked in the past. Seems that some Preware patches are unavailable when I search -- is it because they're incompatible with webOS 2.0.1? I was searching specifically for the Toggle 3G patch but it doesn't seem to show up in Preware. Thanks for the help!
    Yes, only the patches that are compatible with your OS will show. The same does not apply for apps though. There are still a number of apps not compatible with 2.0.x
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 12/15/2010 at 11:38 PM.
  18. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #58  
    IMO, the safest/best way is the terminal way.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    IMO, the safest/best way is the terminal way.
    Have you verified whether it will work on a Pre 2/webOS 2.0.x with the current version of WoSQI? And what out of the ordinary things someone might see if they tried it using that method?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Have you verified whether it will work on a Pre 2/webOS 2.0.x with the current version of WoSQI? And what out of the ordinary things someone might see if they tried it using that method?
    Whilst I would not call it the safest or best way myself, it should work fine on 2.0 (it's not related to WOSQI in any way).

    The safest way is to use palm-install ... guaranteed to always work (of course you need the right novacom drivers installed and working).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions