Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Fast, smooth, very impressive. I think its a lot faster than the plus, even over clocked to 1GHz.

Updated WebOSQI from the Doctor and it works, but most of the apps I was interested in dont. Not surprising, I know they will will come along. Yes, I made my donation today.

It sync's all my favorite email folders automatically, YEA!!!!!

Moving my profile over was easy and all my app catalog apps moved right on over. Lost the level in Angry Birds I was at, but Save/Restore will get updated I am sure in time. I guess things dont go back into the same place they used to be. Once internalz works again I can manually put some of the data files where they belong.

GPS seems to be better, it gets my location sitting inside my house whereas the plus and the Pro before that never did.

Stretching the maps out in BFGMaps makes the phone reboot.

Bluetooth still doesn't work with my vtech phone system.

On the whole, very satisfied.

mi dos pesos.
    I'll share my impressions here, as this is day one for me as well and don't want to clutter up the forum with a bunch of identical threads.

I agree with you on most of your points, jaltman. This thing is really smooth. I overclocked my Pre Minus last night using Govnah 1000/500 just to see what it was like, and while the 1GHz performance on the Minus was certainly a breath of fresh air, the Pre2 takes it to another level. This thing is smoother at scrolling between launcher pages than my Evo is scrolling between homescreens. By far.

The new digitizer they're using in the glass display is worlds better than that on the earlier iterations of the Pre. In interactions outside of apps, I have had very few (almost no) touches that didn't register on the first attempt. Some apps are funky with the touchscreen - Tetris is pretty much broken on the Pre2, and Snake runs oddly, but I think those are app issues that should be fixed with an update.

Speaking of apps, it's so nice to give them the specs they need to run well! Tom Clancy's HAWX runs superbly! It's currently paused in a background card while Pandora plays in the foreground. I know the speaker is probably the same as on the earlier models, but it sounds a touch better.

Being able to re-name and re-organize launcher pages is a convenience I wasn't even excited about, but now that it's here it's a wonderful touch. Makes the device much more usable now that I can put everything exactly where I want it.

More impressions along with more usage!
    Thanks for taking a second to give your impressions guys! :-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    it may be a webOS 2.0 thing.
    Okay - just did a bit of a stress test on my Pre2 and am quite impressed.

I opened up Pandora and set it to streaming a channel in the background. Then I did the following:

• opened Twee and read through my Twitter feed
    • opened Facebook app and followed a link to a webpage, then grouped Twee, Facebook, and browser cards together into a stack
    • opened Evernote and reviewed a few notes
    • opened the Engadget app and read the news
    • opened both AccuWeather and TWC apps, then grouped them together
    • opened and updated both Newsweek and NYT apps, then stacked them
    • opened Yelp app and found the bar next door, then "Mapped it" - Google Maps popped up in a new card with the location. Stacked those two cards
    • did a search for a local taxi company in Just Type, which opened a review in a browser card. Stacked that card atop the Yelp and Maps ones
    • opened Fandango app and read a review of a movie
    • opened the Tmaps app and had a look at the subway system
    • opened Neighborhood Guide app, found an item of interest, clicked on it - it opened another browser card and auto-stacked
    • that card prompted me to add Wikipedia as a search engine. Thought I already had that in Just Type, so ...
    • finally, I did a Just Type search for a band, and clicked the Wikipedia option when it popped up. Launched another browser card.

In all, I had 19 cards up at once, including Pandora -- which streamed without so much as a hiccup the entire time. 4 open cards were browser cards. Returning to old browser cards did not require a page re-load!

And I was receiving an email every two minutes (on average) the entire time because of a text exchange I was having.

This thing's performance is just out of this world.
    Sounds great guys! I hope some of these performance gains are from webOS 2.0 itself and not just the faster hardware.

As I sit here replying to this post on my new Epic 4G, I wish Sprint carried the Pre 2! Don't get me wrong the Epic is a great device, but I still find myself using my Pre Plus more. I hope we get the webOS 2.0 stat.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    for everyone that's done a review thank you. You've done a bang up job. Can't wait to get my hands on webos 2 myself.
    if anyone can do a video of what they're doing I'm sure it'll make us even more jealous lol
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Okay - just did a bit of a stress test on my Pre2 and am quite impressed.

I opened up Pandora and set it to streaming a channel in the background. Then I did the following:

• opened Twee and read through my Twitter feed
    • opened Facebook app and followed a link to a webpage, then grouped Twee, Facebook, and browser cards together into a stack
    • opened Evernote and reviewed a few notes
    • opened the Engadget app and read the news
    • opened both AccuWeather and TWC apps, then grouped them together
    • opened and updated both Newsweek and NYT apps, then stacked them
    • opened Yelp app and found the bar next door, then "Mapped it" - Google Maps popped up in a new card with the location. Stacked those two cards
    • did a search for a local taxi company in Just Type, which opened a review in a browser card. Stacked that card atop the Yelp and Maps ones
    • opened Fandango app and read a review of a movie
    • opened the Tmaps app and had a look at the subway system
    • opened Neighborhood Guide app, found an item of interest, clicked on it - it opened another browser card and auto-stacked
    • that card prompted me to add Wikipedia as a search engine. Thought I already had that in Just Type, so ...
    • finally, I did a Just Type search for a band, and clicked the Wikipedia option when it popped up. Launched another browser card.

In all, I had 19 cards up at once, including Pandora -- which streamed without so much as a hiccup the entire time. 4 open cards were browser cards. Returning to old browser cards did not require a page re-load!

And I was receiving an email every two minutes (on average) the entire time because of a text exchange I was having.

This thing's performance is just out of this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    for everyone that's done a review thank you. You've done a bang up job. Can't wait to get my hands on webos 2 myself.
    if anyone can do a video of what they're doing I'm sure it'll make us even more jealous lol
    To VCI: would you try and see if you can do a video as kjb suggested, it would be cool to see because it sounds pretty cool the way you described it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    One more Pre 2 observation. I have a SIM card in it, but since I don't really have a US plan, I keep it in airplane mode, with wifi on. I brought it to work, wifi on the whole time, and 10 hours later it was still at 90 percent or higher. Sure, I didn't use it, but my old Pre seemed to loose a charge just sitting there, with all radios off.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    Stretching the maps out in BFGMaps makes the phone reboot.
    Just BFGMaps or other Map applications as well?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    No, the other map apps I have are fine. Minimap, Mapping Tool and Google Maps, all fine.

I will also second the battery observations, it was a short day. I listended to a couple hours music (Grooveshark), but it was on the touchstone. When I left the office (about 10:00) it was full. I made a number of calls, several texts and read email several times and was still at 88% or so at 3:00. 75% when I popped it back on a touchstone at home (I need a full charge as I am on call tonight and call forward the help number to my cell.)

I really like having all my favorite email folders auto-sync. Open the email app and I see where all my essential mail is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    No, the other map apps I have are fine. Minimap, Mapping Tool and Google Maps, all fine.

I will also second the battery observations, it was a short day. I listended to a couple hours music (Grooveshark), but it was on the touchstone. When I left the office (about 10:00) it was full. I made a number of calls, several texts and read email several times and was still at 88% or so at 3:00. 75% when I popped it back on a touchstone at home (I need a full charge as I am on call tonight and call forward the help number to my cell.)

I really like having all my favorite email folders auto-sync. Open the email app and I see where all my essential mail is.
    Sounds like an app issue then. You may want to work with the developer and see if he has a resolution.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts