1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Been tinkering with my new unlocked Pre2 from HP.com, and it seems one of the most appealing aspects (to me) of Just Type isn't there: the ability to Just Type a Twitter update.

When I input words into Just Type, I get the option to make it a memo, email, even a Facebook update ... but not a tweet. Is this because 3rd-party apps like Twee haven't made themselves available to Just Type yet?

Thoughts?
    If you go to the Twitter site with your device, is there an 'engine' that can be downloaded for that function? If not yet, the devs may not have the 2.0 updates ready for those added functions.
    Uh, FB is the only 2.0 compatible app? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $no$ $other$ $2$.$0$ $compatible$ $apps$ $have$ $been$ $released$.
    Most likely. The 3rd party app developers will need to connect the functionality of Just Type with their apps. You will then be able to decide which app to use.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you go to the Twitter site with your device, is there an 'engine' that can be downloaded for that function? If not yet, the devs may not have the 2.0 updates ready for those added functions.
    You know, I thought of that very thing after making my post, but when I went to Twitter.com through the browser I didn't get the popup I was expecting. So I'm guessing rlangley21 is correct; we're just going to have to wait for the Twee/Tweed/etc developers to build this functionality in.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon
    Uh, FB is the only 2.0 compatible app? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $no$ $other$ $2$.$0$ $compatible$ $apps$ $have$ $been$ $released$.
    Uh, is it? I didn't know. That would make sense, though.
    You will definitely be able to do it. Twee2 et al. will just need to be updated first.
    Just have to wait, sucks to be on the cutting edge :O. Stay tuned, I believe Bad Kitty is being update to take advantage of the 2.0 features such as just type.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Well, the Facebook app is developed by Palm, so I'm not surprised it is the first/only app to support Just Type.
    If I'm not mistaken, the SDK for 2.0 is still in the early access program and still under NDA. So Palm will have to lift that before developers can release 3rd party apps. It must certainly be coming, but it's not here yet.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  10.    #10  
    Sigh. I'd forgotten the glacial pace Palm has adopted post-merger. Thanks for the info.