Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    hi,
    Does the Palm Pre 2 come with a touchstone back?
    The Pre Plus did and the Pre 2 also has the matte back, but is it a touchstone back?

The palm pre 2 webpage on palm.com says the touchstone cover is sold separately... does that mean they're now just making non-TS backs that are matte?

Thanks!
    Yes it comes with a Touchstone back just like the Pre Plus. It does not however, come with a Touchstone dock.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks, MassiveBongFace (haha).
    Time to order a dock then!

I wonder why the palm website says it's an optional add-on.
    No idea! Im in the UK btw I don't know if it is different in other places but I have 2 and they both have it.......
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hmm ok... can anyone who ordered an unlocked GSM one from hp.com mention if theirs came with a touchstone back?
    Quote Originally Posted by wired.au View Post
    Hmm ok... can anyone who ordered an unlocked GSM one from hp.com mention if theirs came with a touchstone back?
    Yes, it comes with the TouchStone back. I ordered mine from HP.com
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yes, it comes with the TouchStone back. I ordered mine from HP.com
    Excellent, thanks!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Didn't they just decide to ship all of the Pre Pluses and Pre 2s with touchstone backs?

Was rather silly for them to ship the original pres without the backs considering how little they actually cost. I guess they thought they could charge more for accessories.

By the way, the touchstone back on the Pre 2 is exactly the same as the well... touchstone back we've been using right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Didn't they just decide to ship all of the Pre Pluses and Pre 2s with touchstone backs?

Was rather silly for them to ship the original pres without the backs considering how little they actually cost. I guess they thought they could charge more for accessories.

By the way, the touchstone back on the Pre 2 is exactly the same as the well... touchstone back we've been using right?
    They are the same as far as I can tell.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    They are the same as far as I can tell.
    Good to know. Thanks
    They should just throw the charger in while they are at it. I really see it more as a neat selling point for the phone in the first place more so than an accessory.

When you have a feature that no other phone has, you dont sell it as an accessory, you flaunt it as a selling point.

Marketing 101. Although Palm was always high in that class or skipping, we already know that.