Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro56 View Post
    what's up people. Well I found a HP Palm Pre 2 phone, just not using it as I have, I have WI-FI in my house but no sign and I can not create an account ... Someone help me please?
    please refer to http://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-2-x ... does that help?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by MharkelBellacour View Post
    Hey, just so everyone knows. You can now get sim cards on Straight Talk (Welcome | Straight Talk) to use with your phone.
    This caught my eye. I have an unlocked Pre 2 on its way. I was initially going to Franken it onto Sprint, but my contract is up. I ordered up a Straight Talk SIM, and I'm going to give it a shot, since it's $45 for unlimited (I've looked for limits to the unlimited, but it looks legitimate).

Straight Talk is a MVNO, and, from what I gather, they use AT&T's network for GSM phones. Does that mean I could just pop the SIM in, run first use, and have full US paid app catalog access? Or should I just wait the extra day or two until I meet up with my girlfriend again and borrow her Veer's AT&T SIM?

EDIT: Okay, I went and read some other relevant threads, and I get the impression that it *should* work. However... it's looking like I'll be able to borrow the girlfriend's Veer's SIM after the Pre 2 arrives and before the Straight Talk SIM shows up anyway. I guess it's a moot point.
    Last edited by jeffro-tull; 03/20/2012 at 10:32 PM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567