Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    I would describe myself as quite experienced in PocketMirror for WebOS in the 1.4.5th-days. So I am comfortable with setup and settings client and mobile site as well as BluetoothPAN which my Sync is based on.
    Now I īve updated (officially!) my PrePlus on o2-networks with WebOs 2.1 I have although updated PocketMirror to 4.0 (appreciate Chapuras fast response on 2.0-requests!) on my mobile and the manager client-site. So everything is in-line again.

    Unfortunately, PocketMirror (after pairing and PAN establishing) still responses with "no connection, you need either WiFi or BT PAN..." Any ideas? let me stress, I do not have a Pre 2 with WebOS2.0 but a PrePlus with WebOS 2.1

    I honestly could see an issue here, as Chapura explicitly mentioned Pre2 and WebOS2.0 in its requirements.

    2XS
    PocketMirror has always been a local-area-network-only solution. You do *not* need a Pre2 for the new version. As long as your Pre Plus with 2.1 is connected to the same LAN as the computer on which you run the desktop component (the PC can be connected via Ethernet or WiFi to the LAN), and you've downloaded and installed the version of SyncManager for webOS 2, this works fine for upgraded Pre Pluses like mine. {Jonathan}
    Jonathan I. Ezor
    Law Prof. and Internet Business Attorney
    Writer, PreCentral.net
    jonathan.ezor@precentral.net
    Twitter: webOSquire
    E-book on smartphone/laptop legal risk: http://www.mobilerisk.com
  2. #22  
    So, do the new 4.00 versions of Tasks and Notes work with WebOS 2.x? If so, I am ordering my Pre 2 today.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Has anyone downloaded the new 4.00 update for Tasks and Notes apps from the App Catalog? I have a 1.4.5 Pre, so I don't know if these are the WebOS 2.x updates we are looking for.
    Be careful. I'm still on 1.4.5 too.

    I updated both Notes & Tasks launchers to v4.0.0 although the apps still report as 3.0.5. So far there is no webOS update for the main PocketMirror app in the UK catalog.

    I updated the PC sync manger to v4. I did not see note on the website about using v3 for 1.4.5

    Now I can't sync with my PC :-(

    I un-installed v4 on the PC and re-installed v3, but it did not help.

    I've done a help request via the PocketMirror website, so now I need to wait and see what they say.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  4. #24  
    Hi ChasT,

    By my reading of this, Chapura, Inc. > Company , you should be using the Feb 11, 2011 build of the desktop manager to connect to your 1.4.5 Pre device. This you now already know.

    I would uninstall Sync Manager v3, then delete the installation folder left behind, reinstall v3, and then try syncing again. Good luck.
  5. 2xs
    2xs is offline
    2xs's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    PocketMirror has always been a local-area-network-only solution. You do *not* need a Pre2 for the new version. As long as your Pre Plus with 2.1 is connected to the same LAN as the computer on which you run the desktop component (the PC can be connected via Ethernet or WiFi to the LAN), and you've downloaded and installed the version of SyncManager for webOS 2, this works fine for upgraded Pre Pluses like mine. {Jonathan}
    Thx Jonathan, thatīs the easy way, but as I wrote, I have to connect via Bluetooth PAN. Hereīs the answer from Chapura, but as I ran the whole thing 2 weeks ago with 1.4.5 I am quite sure, thatīs not an hardware issue... I asked the guys from Chapura to have another look at the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapura
    We have tested setting up a Bluetooth Pan Connection with the Pre Plus was not able to. Unlike the regular Pre, the Pre plus disables your internet connection when you engage Bluetooth. Even if you do not have a WiFi connection, the Pre has to be able to use your cell data network to access the Internet when doing a Bluetooth sync. Since Bluetooth sync on the Pre Plus disables this, you will not be able to use Bluetooth with the Pre Plus.
    current devices: PRE+
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Hi ChasT,

    By my reading of this, Chapura, Inc. > Company , you should be using the Feb 11, 2011 build of the desktop manager to connect to your 1.4.5 Pre device. This you now already know.

    I would uninstall Sync Manager v3, then delete the installation folder left behind, reinstall v3, and then try syncing again. Good luck.
    Thanks, I tried what you suggested, but it did not work.
    Something is getting left behind, as it's picking up my account settings, plus the log is complaining about V4.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    So, do the new 4.00 versions of Tasks and Notes work with WebOS 2.x? If so, I am ordering my Pre 2 today.
    Yes, provided you download and install PocketMirror and SyncManager for webOS 2 as well. Order away. {Jonathan}
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Thanks, I tried what you suggested, but it did not work.
    Something is getting left behind, as it's picking up my account settings, plus the log is complaining about V4.
    Chapura helped me remove the old data from my error of installing v4.
    I then installed v3 and it is all work 100% again.
    Great customer service.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  9. #29  
    Pre 2 arrives tomorrow. Will report back.
  10. 2xs
    2xs is offline
    2xs's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #30  
    here is another quote from Chapura about my Bluetooth sync issue. obviously when BluetoothPAN is enabled the Pre itself cannot be online (read: check for valid licence) They also told me, that this was no issue in 1.4.5 but functionality has been removed in 2.0

    I had our developer look into this issue. It seems the Bluetooth PAN functionality has been removed from webOS 2. Looking at the latest version of the docs they gave us it says that *only* Bluetooth SPP is exposed for now.
    current devices: PRE+
  11. 2xs
    2xs is offline
    2xs's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #31  
    did I mention that I love those Chapura guys and their support?!

    Our development guys have a work around that should make it work even with the current HP/Palm implementation. Look for an update to our product in the next week and let us know if that did it. We are adding a preference in PocketMirror.
    current devices: PRE+
  12. #32  
    The updated Tasks and Notes apps do indeed work very well on a Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.1. However, there is a wrinkle with upgrading to the new version of PocketMirror on the device. You *must* follow the instructions here: Chapura, Inc. > Company

    If you fail to follow the instructions, you will have to erase your Pre 2 and then follow the instructions, which happened to me. No other problems to report.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    did I mention that I love those Chapura guys and their support?!
    Hi 2xs,

    I have got the same problem with my Pre 2. Bluetooth pairing works, but sync fails. Do you have any news on that?
  14. QCO
    QCO is offline
    QCO's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #34  
    I doctored my old Pre- from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 but now I can't download PocketMirror 2, because I seems to be available only for Pre 2 and up. Is there a way to install it?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions