1.    #1  
    I am so addicted to using my Pre 2 that I carried it to work today and set a Touchstone on the left side of my laptop for my Pre 2 to match the one on the right side of my laptop for my Pre minus.

I intended to use my Pre 2 connected to the MHS connection on my Pre minus to follow tweets on Spaz and monitor my email as well. So I got it connected with no issues and had data so I could browse the web. But when I launched Spaz, it said "no internet connection" and my email wouldn't connect to gmail and update my inbox either.

I haven't followed the MHS threads to see/know if this is normal, I just expected that it would work like my wifi at home or anywhere else.

Any thoughts?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Does you laptop take the MHS fine atm? Can you browse the web through Pre2.

Ive been using that too on my Sprint Pre but more sparingly lately since Sprint has been sensitive with the passthrough thing.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Does you laptop take the MHS fine atm? Can you browse the web through Pre2.

Ive been using that too on my Sprint Pre but more sparingly lately since Sprint has been sensitive with the passthrough thing.
    Yes, my laptop works fine when I connect it although that isn't often. And yes I can browse the web just fine through the Pre 2 when connected to the MHS on my Pre minus. I also tried the forums beta app and it showed that I needed a data connection as well.
    As long is the EV icon is there it shouldn't discriminate between devices. However it does help to keep bluetooth off for sometimes the connection just drops. Gonna see if the same happens to me when I get my Pre2.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    As long is the EV icon is there it shouldn't discriminate between devices. However it does help to keep bluetooth off for sometimes the connection just drops. Gonna see if the same happens to me when I get my Pre2.
    Yeah, EV was on the minus, wifi was on the 2 and I could try Spaz, Forums Beta or Email and get nothing, then launch the browser and go staight to the PC forums or Google and everything be great, immediately switch cards and it reports no data connection....

Let me know what happens when you get yours.
    Got MHS to connect, still trying to get to the Internet over the connection though'
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/23/2010 at 02:56 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    @TopTongueBarry:

Do you think that is an issue with the Pre 2, or webOS 2.0 ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    @TopTongueBarry:

Do you think that is an issue with the Pre 2, or webOS 2.0 ?
    I think some applications need to be updated in order to function properly on WebOS 2.xx

EDIT: Am now able to connect to the Pre 2 using MHS, but not getting Internet through the connection. Internet browser on the Pre 2 still working while I have a connection on my laptop to the Pre 2 using MHS but no Internet connection is available to my Laptop. Still working on it.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/23/2010 at 02:58 AM. Reason: MHS connection made from Laptop.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I've had the issue with MyTether on my Sprint Pre minus. Often the first time I run it after a recent reboot, it asks about removing the patch. I've found that if I close MyTether whenever it asks, wait a moment, then open it again that everything works fine. (Doesn't prompt a second time.)
  10.    #10  
    Interesting addition to what I posted yesterday concerning Spaz while connecting my wifi-only Pre2 to the MHS on my Pre minus. This morning once connected I got Spaz notifications of new messages, but when I launch Spaz it reports no internet connection and will not load any new mesagges.

The app catalog and software manager, also report no internet connection.
  11.    #11  
    Some more testing...

Web connective Apps that work on my Pre 2 through MHS on my Pre minus:

Web Browser, NrbyPhotos, YouTube Mini, Scratch Word Processor and Flashcards

Web connective Apps that DO NOT work on my Pre 2 through MHS on my Pre minus:

Facebook Beta, YouTube, Spaz, Email, App Catalog, Software Manager, System Updates, and Forums Beta

NOTE: all of these apps work wonderfully when connected via Wifi at home.

So, how do these apps access the data connection? What is the difference?