1.    #1  
    I got my Pre2 at Web OS Dev Days in NYC. Since I'm an AT&T Pre Plus user, I decided to migrate over to the Pre2 completely.

I put my Pre Plus into Airplane mode, then erased the Pre2. When it booted, I put my existing profile information in. This worked fine, it started loading up my profile and all my existing accounts. Then the apps started downloading.

About 75% the way through loading the apps, I started having problems. After about a minute, the phone would start getting sluggish, then stop responding, then reboot. This would happen over and over again.

I was able to erase the device again and create a new, temporary profile and add my accounts manually, and the device works as expected. I even loaded a few of the free apps (don't want to pay for apps in a temp profile).

I believe that the cause is one of my apps is going rogue on the processor. But I don't know which one, and I don't have the new novacom drivers to log into it to examine the system and see if I can find the culprit. I signed up for Early Access and am waiting for a response.

Anyone else experience this problem?
    plug in your phone to charger and use wifi to load all your apps . Don't try it over evdo if you have alot of apps. This may or may not work out better for you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbearnyc View Post
    I even loaded a few of the free apps (don't want to pay for apps in a temp profile).

I believe that the cause is one of my apps is going rogue on the processor. But I don't know which one, and I don't have the new novacom drivers to log into it to examine the system and see if I can find the culprit. I signed up for Early Access and am waiting for a response.

Anyone else experience this problem?
    Not quite the same, but a couple of app issues. I am not on a GSM carrier but activated and created a secondary profile so my Pre minus would still work. I downloaded BFG Maps and it causes restarts every time, a couple of other apps simply wouldn't work and would hang in the spinning circle.

I have re-purchased several apps like Angry Birds, YouTube Mini and a few a couple others to try various things out. But one app developer was more than willing to send me an IPK for his app so I wouldn't have to buy it again. So you might try contacting them.

You can get the new novacom drivers from the Pre 2 Dr. which is available on the WebOS internals web site. Change the extension to .zip and look in the resources folder. There are two install files, one for x86 and one for x64 systems. Although I have an intel processor in my laptop, the x64 install file is what I had to use to get Novacom to work with my Pre 2.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    plug in your phone to charger and use wifi to load all your apps . Don't try it over evdo if you have alot of apps. This may or may not work out better for you .
    I'm GSM, and used my WiFi. Downloading wasn't the problem. The apps, eventually, completely installed. But the device would still experience the problems.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Not quite the same, but a couple of app issues. I am not on a GSM carrier but activated and created a secondary profile so my Pre minus would still work. I downloaded BFG Maps and it causes restarts every time, a couple of other apps simply wouldn't work and would hang in the spinning circle.

I have re-purchased several apps like Angry Birds, YouTube Mini and a few a couple others to try various things out. But one app developer was more than willing to send me an IPK for his app so I wouldn't have to buy it again. So you might try contacting them.

You can get the new novacom drivers from the Pre 2 Dr. which is available on the WebOS internals web site. Change the extension to .zip and look in the resources folder. There are two install files, one for x86 and one for x64 systems. Although I have an intel processor in my laptop, the x64 install file is what I had to use to get Novacom to work with my Pre 2.
    If I can find out what app is causing the problem, I'll try that. There are too many. I suppose I could pause installation and do one by one until I see the problem.

I'll look for the Pre 2 Dr. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbearnyc View Post
    If I can find out what app is causing the problem, I'll try that. There are too many. I suppose I could pause installation and do one by one until I see the problem.

I'll look for the Pre 2 Dr. Thanks.
    There are some apps which will not work properly on Web OS 2.xx until they are updated by their developers. Maybe we should start a thread on it in the WebOS or application forums?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.