Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    FYI: HP's website is showing the Pre 2 as "Out of Stock". Monday 11/22.
    wow already ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yeah I think its been like that since last saturday when I checked crazy. I wounder if they only had a couple of thousand on hand, like they did the HP slate.
    I doubt it . But you never know lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    out of stock already? Must have been all the people that were upset about minor spec bumps and same form factor that bought 'em up
    Most prob it's a few sites buying the to make "sprint pre2's" to sell on ebay or conversions

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I doubt it . But you never know lol
    Look at the context, no advertising, no carrier interest - I bet they had a small inventory and that was gone in a few days. The chances of random individuals stumbling across the pre on HPs site and deciding to pay full whack for a carrier unsubsidised phone are somewhere between slim-zero.

Having said that, without solid figures it's impossible to know for sure - they could have sold 10,000 units or 2000 and we have no way of knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Most prob it's a few sites buying the to make "sprint pre2's" to sell on ebay or conversions

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    yup heres one here for 300 starting bid for 6 days, stated got in NY at the devo con

Palm Pre 2 Developers version, Unlocked - eBay (item 250730139064 end time Nov-28-10 14:00:24 PST)
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    FYI: HP's website is showing the Pre 2 as "Out of Stock". Monday 11/22.
    This has been posted numerous times already... and it IS NOT OUT OF STOCK. The Home & Home office page shows it out of stock, but not the Small and Medium Business page HERE.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This has been posted numerous times already... and it IS NOT OUT OF STOCK. The Home & Home office page shows it out of stock, but not the Small and Medium Business page HERE.
    No better way to sell an already obscure device than by posting conflicting information on the one site US people can get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No better way to sell an already obscure device than by posting conflicting information on the one site US people can get it.

Come on... really? I bought mine on Thursday from the site that now shows out of Stock, but the links from the original post that showed it as available have always shown it as in stock, and the Palm site that says it is available goes to the link that shows it in stock.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Come on... really? I bought mine on Thursday from the site that now shows out of Stock, but the links from the original post that showed it as available have always shown it as in stock, and the Palm site that says it is available goes to the link that shows it in stock.
    Tell that to shinerb or anyone else who happens on whichever one of the several ordering pages that shows it as out of stock. The number one rule for retailing is that you remove every possible barrier between the customer and the purchase.

Separate ordering pages with conflicting information on availability is such a barrier. But maybe that's their form of inventory control so that they can avoid the "extraordinary", 9000-order demand that made the HP Slate such a sales phenomenon.
    they gave them all away at Dev Day I bet !!! Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Funny when I go to palm.com, hit learn more, hit buy now, the store there says it is in stock and usually ships within 24hrs. Does this workout for peeps?

Yeah going to hp.com and buy from there it was out of stock there an hour later it was avail there.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they gave them all away at Dev Day I bet !!! Lol
    Best to have these in the hands of devs to have the apps ready before I get this I always say.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I can confirm that the Pre was out of stock on HP's consumer page (but in stock on their Small Business page) yesterday. The difference was that the consumer page offered the No Payments No Interest for Six Months option, while the small business page did not.

I can also confirm the Pre is back in stock on the consumer page, because I just ordered one! Should be here tomorrow - I took the Bill Me Later option, as well.

Looks like a SIM-getting trip to the AT&T store is in order for tomorrow ...
    dell does this all the time with various discounts for their computers, depending on where you get the evalue code.

bottom line, if people know it's out there and really want it, they will get it.

the only ones who want the pre 2 right now are webOS fanatics who have a gsm carrier and developers.

too bad I'm on vzw and have cdma. Otherwise I would be one of them fanatics!
    HP finally found a few more Pre2 to sell from the Home & Home Office store.
    All handhelds | HP Official Store
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Here is one on ebay "cheap". first come first serve. buy it now for 450.00

HP Palm Pre 2 GSM Unlocked Developer with webOS 2.0 - eBay (item 160509989115 end time Nov-27-10 13:28:51 PST)
    back in stock on HP.com
    I see pandas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast