Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Look at the context, no advertising, no carrier interest - I bet they had a small inventory and that was gone in a few days. The chances of random individuals stumbling across the pre on HPs site and deciding to pay full whack for a carrier unsubsidised phone are somewhere between slim-zero.
    +100000

And

/thread
    When they decide on selling some CDMA phones, then they will definitely have sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    When they decide on selling some CDMA phones, then they will definitely have sold out.
    You cant just sell CDMA phones, it doesnt work that way.
    +1

ugh. Cant stand cdma anyways

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Well, you can. You just have to make sure you buy the one for your carrier.

And it's not like we are choosing to use CDMA because we like it over GSM. It's generally lack of options that requires its use.

We don't have ATT or Tmobile in our area, Sprint and Verizon only. And honestly if you want the best coverage in the US, you probably wanna go with Verizon or Sprint (CDMA).

I wish we all used the same tech, same language, same political ideals, same currency, sure would make things a lot easier. Things just don't work that way, however.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    Well, you can. You just have to make sure you buy the one for your carrier.
    The original post I was referring to was wishing that HP sold CDMA phones.

Since you just said that you have to buy them from the carrier, and not from HP, you just claimed your own comment that you can, to be false.

No, you cannot. You cannot sell CDMA phones directly as a company such as HP. The only people that can sell CDMA phones are the carrier that supports that CDMA service.
    does hp sell them on sprint/verizons behalf?

The original post I was referring to was wishing that HP sold CDMA phones.

Since you just said that you have to buy them from the carrier, and not from HP, you just claimed your own comment that you can, to be false.

No, you cannot. You cannot sell CDMA phones directly as a company such as HP. The only people that can sell CDMA phones are the carrier that supports that CDMA service.
    ^ So I take it we're just ignoring the fact that it's back in stock now? Mine literally just arrived and it's still showing available on the website.

You know, like I said it my previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ^ So I take it we're just ignoring the fact that it's back in stock now? Mine literally just arrived and it's still showing available on the website.

You know, like I said it my previous post.

And that it was never really not available. It was only one of the links that showed out of stock.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Either they just didn't make that many available, or this is a good sign that people really do like webOS.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Either they just didn't make that many available, or this is a good sign that people really do like webOS.
    Well that and Sprint's own poll (which is TIED to individual USER accounts) shows overwhelmingly that people want the Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    does hp sell them on sprint/verizons behalf?
    Yes thats true, but thats really not HP selling them.

Its complicated, but basically in that regard HP is just like a place for people to discover the phone, when you "buy" the phone and everything, its completely handled through Sprint/Verizon.

Dont be fooled into thinking you are buying a phone from HP. They already sold it long ago to the carrier.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12