Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You'd need to convert it yourself. It's the only way to get a Pre2 on Sprint.
    I guess that's what I have to do then - or I'll just wait to get the one from VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I guess that's what I have to do then - or I'll just wait to get the one from VZW.
    I thought you were with Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Wrong in which respect. The Palm website has said "coming soon" for about a week now, maybe more. Every rumored release date has come and gone. Meanwhile, several in this forum have passed on information that indicates a January release. By that time I just don't see HP even bothering with it.

I'd LOVE it if you had some information to prove me wrong? I don't generally want to be wrong, but I'd be very happy to be wrong in this case.
    1. Pre 2 has been released by HP as an unlocked device available in the U.S.
    2. Rumors are rumors for a reason. Most rumors don't pan out to be true therefore solidifying the fact that they are a rumor.
    3. As for the January release rumor information. See point 2.
    4. HP/Palm is not going to give up on a product that they have already indicated to push (hrm HP Slate? wasn't it rumored to be dead?)
    5. I have information, but nothing that I or anyone at Palm is in a position to currently share. Palm does not comment on rumored information and doesn't state release dates for product(s) in the pipeline. Reasoning being is that if that release date comes and goes for whatever reason it's like blood in a shark tank.

I PROMISE Pre 2 on Verizon will be coming...and it will be coming soon, although dates can not be announced or commented on, it's going to happen, it's not going to be given up on, and frankly I believe it will do quite well.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    1. Pre 2 has been released by HP as an unlocked device available in the U.S.
    2. Rumors are rumors for a reason. Most rumors don't pan out to be true therefore solidifying the fact that they are a rumor.
    3. As for the January release rumor information. See point 2.
    4. HP/Palm is not going to give up on a product that they have already indicated to push (hrm HP Slate? wasn't it rumored to be dead?)
    5. I have information, but nothing that I or anyone at Palm is in a position to currently share. Palm does not comment on rumored information and doesn't state release dates for product(s) in the pipeline. Reasoning being is that if that release date comes and goes for whatever reason it's like blood in a shark tank.

I PROMISE Pre 2 on Verizon will be coming...and it will be coming soon, although dates can not be announced or commented on, it's going to happen, it's not going to be given up on, and frankly I believe it will do quite well.
    I hope it does well. I've been behind the Pre 2 since it was announced.

I guess I just don't know why cell phone releases have to be such clandestine endeavors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I thought you were with Sprint?
    I'm on Sprint. I would buy a VZW pre 2, then convert it to work on Sprint. That's possible - right?
    Quote.. I guess I just don't know why cell phone releases have to be such clandestine endeavors. Quote ends..

I concur 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I hope it does well. I've been behind the Pre 2 since it was announced.

I guess I just don't know why cell phone releases have to be such clandestine endeavors.
    Every industry deals with secrecy. Even whatever business it is you work in. It's to much of a cut through business world. Businesses want to keep the upper edge so they are going to keep secrets. At the same time because we are a "sue happy" country we often find ourselves having to walk legal tight ropes again this happens for every business, not just Palm, not just cell phone manufacturers. Try calling up Apple and asking when the iphone is going to be available on Verizon
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    my local store in jersey has the dummy unit for the pre 2.

it's available from hp unlocked for gsm also.

this is all on vzw...they are delaying it for one reason or another.
    I think VZW is going after a bigger fish in the sea!

Windows Phone 7 coming to Verizon Wireless for the holidays | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    When I spoke to vzw on friday they couldn't give an exact date but they said the beginning of the fourth quarter. They said it gonna be part of their line up for the hollidays.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    That was debunked as being a MSFT rep making a mistake..

http://wpcentral.com/windows-phone-7...-time-holidays
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I don't think microsoft launching devices on vzw has any bearing on what vzw is doing with the pre 2. That phone is ready to go, having already been released in the US and Europe in gsm flavor. Vzw is holding up it's release for whatever reason. But it is gonna be released, esp if you take what hardbeatz mentioned in the post above.
    Quote Originally Posted by efd702 View Post
    When I spoke to vzw on friday they couldn't give an exact date but they said the beginning of the fourth quarter. They said it gonna be part of their line up for the hollidays.

It fell off my order sheet so I'm not sure which holiday season they mean and which 4th quarter

sketch, it's been postponed.

same game from vzw.

maybe they have another droid 2 version to push out...third one since august...
  14. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    That was debunked as being a MSFT rep making a mistake..

http://wpcentral.com/windows-phone-7...-time-holidays
    Well kinda....

They still haven't denied the original tweet. They simply sent out another tweet 2 days later. Appears more like damage control, than a denial. But hey....its all hearsay anyways, right? Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

No one really knows when an actual device will be released.

Be it the Pre2 or a Windows 7 phone....we'll just wait and see!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I don't really care about the Pre 2, I just want 2.0.1
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I think that the Pre 2 will be the gift of the season for Verizon. I can already see the buy one get a Pixi ads...again, but this time sans soccer moms and con-just-type features.
    I don't know if I should buy an unlocked Palm Pre 2 or if I should wait till the Verizon version. Really undecided because I'm not even in the states right now even though I'm a Verizon customer. The unlocked device would be of more use to me right now. Hmm...decisions, decisions.
    vzw...

how many more ways will you screw palm?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12