1.    #1  
    For you Pre2 folks out there, has anyone experimented w/ the VPN functionality?

Wondering how it works and what it can actually do.

My company recently cut off EAS support outside of the network. I'm hoping I can use VPN to sign on to my network, and use it "internally".

TIA!
    Can I tag on with a request about Proxy? As in, does 2.0 do it?
    I tested it, it works at least for Cisco IPSec VPNs, if it works under Linux (vpnc), it will work with webOS 2.0. As for the SSL support, I don't have a way to test it.

It doesn't honor the dns servers provided by your provider tho, at least on the build I tested. I reported it and got no feedback. It's up to someone who has a real Pre 2 to test the final version
    I am using it with a cisco ASA and it works with the IPSEC tunnel very well. I was able to get to our internal sites, which end in .local without any issues. We don't have a license for the anyconnect and that is the error the pre gives me when I try and connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartvoyager View Post
    I am using it with a cisco ASA and it works with the IPSEC tunnel very well. I was able to get to our internal sites, which end in .local without any issues. We don't have a license for the anyconnect and that is the error the pre gives me when I try and connect.
    I just tried anyconnect, the same error about no license, but it does try to connect and somewhat establishes a session since it "knows" there is no license.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  6.    #6  
    Interesting!! And this is working over 3G OK? Ugh, makes me even more anxious to get 2.0 on my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Interesting!! And this is working over 3G OK? Ugh, makes me even more anxious to get 2.0 on my Pre!
    It works under whatever network you are connected at the moment, so it should work on 3G also

I tested it on the emu on a landline DSL connection, and connected via a 3G modem. It's up to the device owners to test on a real 3G connection

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Did you resolve the No License issue. I'm getting that too.
    --Greg
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Wish I could get mine to work. Unfortunately I have no idea what our 'group secret' is.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Wish I could get mine to work. Unfortunately I have no idea what our 'group secret' is.
    you probably dont, it might get you killed.

ive nothing more to contribute.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    I'm still scratching my head why they didn't include PPTP? Which is a very popular VPN, if not the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    If using the cisco vpn client, go to program files\cisco vpnclient\profiles and open your pcf file, look for the encgrouppwd value, and paste it here

cisco vpnclient password decoder

I 2nd on the VPN working with Cisco ASA , I'm loving this phone man it works great on our VPN . I'm using Cisco IPSec and UDP NAT and its working just fine.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    If using the cisco vpn client, go to program files\cisco vpnclient\profiles and open your pcf file, look for the encgrouppwd value, and paste it here

cisco vpnclient password decoder

Are you indicating that the 2.1 VPN does not use obfuscated secret group passwords?

I previously, v1.4.5, used the PreVPNc now found in PreWare; but, using the same values for the 2.1 VPN tells me I have the wrong group ID/Secret.

Is there a document that explains the configuration settings for encryption method. Any help would be appreciated.
    HP/Palm needs to deliver additional VPN clients for the Pre. Cisco AnyConnect client is nice but its far from what's needed to provide connectivity to users from large enterprise companies. My company uses Juniper SSL VPN gateways and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $its$ $the$ $most$ $popular$ $VPN$ $gateway$ $in$ $enterprises$ $today$.

Give us Juniper SSL VPN client!
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Are you indicating that the 2.1 VPN does not use obfuscated secret group passwords?

I previously, v1.4.5, used the PreVPNc now found in PreWare; but, using the same values for the 2.1 VPN tells me I have the wrong group ID/Secret.

Is there a document that explains the configuration settings for encryption method. Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm saying that your standard Cisco VPN Client (in your computer) encrypts the password in a way that can be decrypted to be put in your device.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I'm saying that your standard Cisco VPN Client (in your computer) encrypts the password in a way that can be decrypted to be put in your device.
    Me too; but, that did not work.

I will have to contact my companies, network team.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm still scratching my head why they didn't include PPTP? Which is a very popular VPN, if not the most.
    There is the pptp addon in the app catalog for Touchpad but I cannot locate it for Pre.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    HP hasen't released pptp addon for WebOS 2.0 ( Pre2, Pre 3 )
    I'll hope they do it this addon for it soon ...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I tested it, it works at least for Cisco IPSec VPNs, if it works under Linux (vpnc), it will work with webOS 2.0. As for the SSL support, I don't have a way to test it.

It doesn't honor the dns servers provided by your provider tho, at least on the build I tested. I reported it and got no feedback. It's up to someone who has a real Pre 2 to test the final version
    For webos 2.x , You need Choose VPNC , VPNC is a Cisco compatible IPSEC client.
    - User vpnc for the connection
    - Servername: bb.vpntraffic.com
    - Username: your vpntraffic account
    - Password: your vpntraffic Password
    - Group-ID: ipsec
    - Group Password: ipsec
    - Domain: bb.vpntraffic.com
    - Dead Peer detection: activated
    - Encryption Method: secure
    - NAT Traversal: NAT-T (detect automatically)