1.    #1  
    Does anyone knows a good navigation program for in the EU (I'm from the Netherlands) which can be used on a Palm Pre2 ?

Thanks in advance.
    aside from navit (homebrew) there really arnt any outside of google maps. No carrier in EU (bar germany) have any real nav software. Hopefully HP can convince some big names to make the software
    I did not see any real reponse here - having same question. people were talking about NAVIT and all kinds of issues -installed navit via preware on my pre2 - I see the map and the piece of the GErman city where the center is set.

but it never gets any GPS fix, and therefore not usable, it also does not remember any settings I change in the navit.xml file

as soon as I try to change the navit.xml, it simply does not start any longer.

did ANYONE get navit successfully and fully running on a pre2? (I got webos 2.0.1)

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rainerrabe View Post

did ANYONE get navit successfully and fully running on a pre2? (I got webos 2.0.1)

thanks
    not me, but here's someone who did it:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2792283

On my Pre2 there is never a GPfix on Navit.
    People need to stop bringing up Navit as a legitimate solution to this problem. Doing so does a disservice to the individual who asked. Given Navit's current state on webOS, telling someone to give it a shot is a like an elaborate form of trolling. I respect what the developers are attempting to do, but it's not workable right now, at all, and probably won't be for a very long time.

In my opinion, this is the single biggest hole in the Palm App Catalog. In the category of GPS navigation there are literally zero applications available for purchase. Where else is that true? Even with things that currently lack direct API access, like QR code readers, there are still some viable options.

Hopefully HP has gotten out their checkbook and TomTom, Navigon, et al. are already hard at work. This is an absolute dealbreaker for many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    People need to stop bringing up Navit as a legitimate solution to this problem. Doing so does a disservice to the individual who asked. Given Navit's current state on webOS, telling someone to give it a shot is a like an elaborate form of trolling. I respect what the developers are attempting to do, but it's not workable right now, at all, and probably won't be for a very long time.

In my opinion, this is the single biggest hole in the Palm App Catalog. In the category of GPS navigation there are literally zero applications available for purchase. Where else is that true? Even with things that currently lack direct API access, like QR code readers, there are still some viable options.

Hopefully HP has gotten out their checkbook and TomTom, Navigon, et al. are already hard at work. This is an absolute dealbreaker for many people.
    I absolutely agree. There's no other smartphone with integrated GPS (or A-GPS for that matters) that has no real navigation app available, and this is going to be a definitive minus for WebOS and the HP-PALM devices for the time being.
    On the other hand, given that there's no point for many developers to spend much time on the NOKIA-Symbian platform (as there's the FREE OVI-Maps there!) I do hope that some of them decide to port their navigation app to WebOS...
    There are instructions floating around in other threads on how to extract the AT&T Navigator and Sprint Navigator ipk's from their respective 1.4.5 doctors, along with some basic instructions on how to modify them for use on Pre 2's.

The fix is probably too complex for most users, but not too difficult for some techies to perform. If you feel up to the task search the forums for AT&T Navigator ls2 or Sprint navigator ls2. If its not your cup o' tea, then pour some patience into that cup instead since Palm has promised us that webOS 2 OTA upgrades and carrier doctors for all existing webOS devices will eventually see the light of day!

Oh and if you're on vzw, I'm sure you've heard the Verizon Pre 2 rumor mill spinning its wheels again. When and if that device ever hits the street, there's little doubt it will be sporting an updated version of vzw navigator.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    vz navigator in it's current state is a rather unimpressive app. It also costs $10 per month. In less than a year I could have bought a Garmin and be happy.

besides, you can have a little more fun with a real GPS...this weekend I was riding in my B-I-Law's car andd his Tom Tom would tell us "In tres hundred yards, take a sharp right, but don't cut yourself." in a George Bush voice. When we got to where we were going, George said "u have reached your destification!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    ................In less than a year I could have bought a Garmin and be happy, besides, you can have a little more fun with a real GPS...this weekend I was riding in my B-I-Law's car andd his Tom Tom would tell us "In tres hundred yards, take a sharp right, but don't cut yourself." in a George Bush voice. When we got to where we were going, George said "u have reached your destification!"
    I often wonder about this, i've had iphones etc, with nav on them, but I reckon the latest garmin is a way better option than on phone nav.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I got gps working for Navit on Pre2 (unlocked webos 2.1)
    After installing Navit, I deselected using Google Services in Location Services. I then hard reset the device (pulled battery). Then I went to google maps to ensure I could locate gps location. Then I started Navit & it picked up my location.
    It's not available everywhere yet but I use NDrive and it's been perfect so far, NDrive.com email them and they may give you an estimate on availability if your country is not shown below.

They cover so far:

• Canada
    • Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein
    • France, Andorra, and Monaco
    • Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar
    • Italy, Malta, San Marino, and Vatican
    • Mexico
    • United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland
    • United States of America, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands
    this app doesn't work properly at the moment i got it last week and just got reply from them on issue of getting its fix 11 miles from my actual location here is there reply: Hello;

Thanks for your question, Ndrive is aware of that issue and we already know from Palm what is the problem.

They are developing a new Rom to update and fixed that problem, in a short period of time , that issue will be solved.

Check on NDrive.com all the releases we will soon have available.

Cumprimentos / Best Regards

NDrive Support
    Quote Originally Posted by alan_tammy View Post
    this app doesn't work properly at the moment i got it last week and just got reply from them on issue of getting its fix 11 miles from my actual location here is there reply: Hello;

Thanks for your question, Ndrive is aware of that issue and we already know from Palm what is the problem.

They are developing a new Rom to update and fixed that problem, in a short period of time , that issue will be solved.

Check on NDrive.com all the releases we will soon have available.

Cumprimentos / Best Regards

NDrive Support
    The app works fine in the UK on my Pre 2, I use it a lot as I make deliveries in the evenings. I just switch on my GPS load the app and it works great even inside my house something my tom tom wont do!
    im in croydon my ndrive thinks its in orpington its on uk pre2 with 2.1 build 109-108, there must be an issue or they wouldnt say hp are working on a new rom to fix it mine sucks its battery dry in around 15 hours too even in flight mode whilst stuck in a drawer, my pre- is great i only got the pre 2 for ndrive wish i hadnt botherd now just seen pcworld have stand alone sat navs for £25
    im in croydon my ndrive thinks its in orpington its on uk pre2 with 2.1 build 109-108, there must be an issue or they wouldnt say hp are working on a new rom to fix it mine sucks its battery dry in around 15 hours too even in flight mode whilst stuck in a drawer, my pre- is great i only got the pre 2 for ndrive wish i hadnt botherd now just seen pcworld have stand alone sat navs for £25
    I'm part of the Beta testers for NDrive and I have been documenting this issue since I started using it. There is a problem with the PDK misreporting the GPS location if the latitude is between 0 and -1. If you have bought the software, NDrive have said they will refund you if you are experiencing this issue. As far as I'm aware, this also affects Navit. Just FYI.
    as i posted on hear earlier ndrive only told me that hp are devoloping a new rom that will fix it no offer of a refund my post was copied and pasted the whole message. i have navit on my pre- it works great but if i put webos 2.1 on it it doesnt if only ndrive would work on 1.4.5 my troubles would be over
    as i posted on hear earlier ndrive only told me that hp are devoloping a new rom that will fix it no offer of a refund my post was copied and pasted the whole message. i have navit on my pre- it works great but if i put webos 2.1 on it it doesnt if only ndrive would work on 1.4.5 my troubles would be over
    This is a quote from the NDrive Support team in the Beta Forums:

"The marketing people has been warned and is adding a notice to the description of these apps about the gps location problem, so that anyone that wants to use the app on the problem area knows it before buying it. Meanwhile, our support people also have instructions to refund anyone who complains about this problem not only in uk & irl but also in france or spain."
    im hoping the the next update of webos will fix this problem as when its working its a great app i used it whilst in lancashire and yorkshire and it was superb, and i seem to have worked out a way to stop my battery dying, i changed governer from ondemand to userspace.iwas getting around 10 hours in flight mode,today 5 hours full use still 88% battery,go figure. any ways thanks for your responces its been very helpful.