Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    oh ok. He was just joking. Well while we're on the subject of engadget... Is the app working for you guys?
    Mine is working like normal.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ^ Thanks for the rundown! I should note, however, that although Myriam Joire's voice is very deep, she is in fact a woman.
    Which one has the "English" sounding accent?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Which one has the "English" sounding accent?
    There are three "usuals" on the podcast. Chris Ziegler has the voice that's closest to "Standard American." He's out of Chicago.

Sean Cooper is on there sometimes. He's very soft-spoken and has a pronounced Canadian accent. He was not on the most recent podcast.

Myriam Joire is probably the one you're thinking of, though I wouldn't call her accent "English." I believe she's also originally from Canada, but her accent is ... well it sounds like quite a mish-mash to me. I've never heard one quite like it.

Anyway, she's probably the one you're thinking of.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Myriam Joire is probably the one you're thinking of, though I wouldn't call her accent "English." I believe she's also originally from Canada, but her accent is ... well it sounds like quite a mish-mash to me. I've never heard one quite like it.

Anyway, she's probably the one you're thinking of.
    I'm not good with "accents" but had guessed it to be British, Austrailian, NewZealand, or some combination thereof. And had always assumed it was a guy, never realized it was a lady. Will try to listen to the next one a little more closely.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I have no idea if this is the same person but when you Google "Myriam Joire", on the first page is this: Myriam
    Well I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10 foot pole.

To each his/her own.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I'm not good with "accents" but had guessed it to be British, Austrailian, NewZealand, or some combination thereof. And had always assumed it was a guy, never realized it was a lady. Will try to listen to the next one a little more closely.
    Several months back when I first heard Myriam's voice I thought that she was a man. And then I heard the other podcasters calling Myriam "she".
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Insults aside, I have to agree with most of their criticisms. That's what happens when Palm puts out an incremental update to a phone that didn't sell well in the first place, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Insults aside, I have to agree with most of their criticisms. That's what happens when Palm puts out an incremental update to a phone that didn't sell well in the first place, I guess.
    Not to mention nearly two years since the that first phone was revealed. Which is now an eternity in the smartphone market
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I have no idea if this is the same person but when you Google "Myriam Joire", on the first page is this: Myriam
    If you go to the end of the letter and click the link the author describes as their website, your taken to tnkgrl. So yup, it's her.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12