Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE?

As you know palm is giving developers discount coupons of $200 off the unlocked Pre 2, being registered as a developer myself (but not having actually developed yet) I requested a coupon and got this email reply:
    "Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program. *Your request for a discount coupon code has been received and has been submitted for review."
    Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE?

As you know palm is giving developers discount coupons of $200 off the unlocked Pre 2, being registered as a developer myself (but not having actually developed yet) I requested a coupon and got this email reply:
    "Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program. *Your request for a discount coupon code has been received and has been submitted for review."
    Yep, it's standard.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    Its interesting to know what the criteria will be, if to anyone registered as a developer, then they'll have loads of people registering as developers, or they might only give to those who were registered vedore the offer?
    shhh don't give them any ideas... Wait it out and let us know after their decision
  5.    #5  
    anyone received already?
    Still waiting on mine.
    There are a limited number of coupons they are going to offer so they are qualifying each person who requests one.
    will they eventually do the same thing with a cdma version, perhaps?
    if they did it would have to be carrier specific or have two ESN's, one for Verizon and one for Sprint. (I don't know if that is possible).
    Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    anyone received already?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Still waiting on mine.
    Still waiting on mine.

Holiday weekend now. Doubt it will get emailed before next week.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I requested one as well since I've had a developer profile since the summer but still waiting to try to develop an app but still waiting
    Still watin on mine. Wondering if any got the news yet.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Have any of you that applied for a coupon gotten a second email requesting some specific information from you?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Have any of you that applied for a coupon gotten a second email requesting some specific information from you?
    Yes, I have. They basically ask for some of the same info that you provide when you register for a developer account. They also ask you what app(s) you have in the app catalog. It was a little strange to me because they already have that info tied to your dev account. Oh well, I got my code and submitted my order, estimated ship date of November 26.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Yes, I have. They basically ask for some of the same info that you provide when you register for a developer account. They also ask you what app(s) you have in the app catalog. It was a little strange to me because they already have that info tied to your dev account. Oh well, I got my code and submitted my order, estimated ship date of November 26.
    Congrats! Yes and no on the app question. The question asked what apps you have in the app catalog "if any", so I think they are clearly allowing that there are some doing dev type work that haven't actually published apps. People who write patches, homebrew apps and do some alpha and beta testing, as well as those who help others with their issues here on the forums by trying different things to duplicate the problems people report. All of which would be desirable to have a device that isn't your primary phone to work from.
    All of the WebOS Internals developers who applied are still waiting for coupons. We have 8 devices to buy ...

-- Rod
    I am also in your same shoes I've applied for the discount...as I just decided I wanted to create some apps...mainly to fill in for apps that I had on my iPhone...like for instance a dictionary with the database on the device...and an army study guide. I got a reply asking for some more info I've replied but I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm tempted to just pick it up now but I want to wait and see if I'll get a reply.
    I haven't heard of any devs getting emailed their discount yet, at least not on Twitter/precentral. I guess Palm is still sifting through the emails!
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro1 View Post
    I haven't heard of any devs getting emailed their discount yet, at least not on Twitter/precentral. I guess Palm is still sifting through the emails!
    Some devs have received their coupon, but Palm is still working through the requests.

I submitted my request on Friday 19 November and I just got an email from Adela of Developer Relations last night (27 November). I'm still waiting for my coupon to be emailed to me (I know I qualified because I was told so on Friday 19 November by the person who handled my free Pre Plus request).

They had a couple thousand requests, so it will take a while.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    If any developer happens to get a coupon which is surplus to their needs, we have 8 WebOS Internals developers and also Jason ready to buy phones using the Pre 2 Telethon funds and we're just waiting for coupons ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast