Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Mine shows the same, but it looks to just be some odd thing they had in the warehouse. It isn't an activated return (or even a return), as you purchased a new phone.
    That's good to know, thanks.
    just ordered the pre2 a week ago, now i got a mail saying that it is on backorder. anyone else got that?
    Quote Originally Posted by liero View Post
    just ordered the pre2 a week ago, now i got a mail saying that it is on backorder. anyone else got that?
    Bummer! I got mine Christmas Eve ordered on the 22nd....
    Here is why Palm is in the mess that they are in. Also, it's obvious HP is no better, in fact they may actually be worse. The following is the timeline of my friend's ordeal in trying to buy a Palm Pre 2 from HP.

Nov 18 - Invitiation email received for a developer coupon.
    Nov 28 - Email requesting coupon sent to HP.
    Nov 30 - Email from HP received, stating that the coupon has been approved and will be sent in 2-3 days.
    Dec 04 - Sent a reminder email to HP since no coupon received so far.
    Dec 11 - Email with 'coupon' received.
    Dec 14 - Placed order (expected ship date Dec 15)
    Dec 15/16/17/18 - No change in order status. Called HP, they gave a number to call. Turns out the number is the regular Palm customer care number. They have no clue about anything. Tried calling back to HP (Small Business store). But now no one would answer the phone.
    Dec 20 - Waited for Monday (regular work day) to call HP (Small Business store). Still no one would answer the phone.
    Dec 21 - Tried calling HP (Small Business store) again. But still no luck in getting someone to answer the phone.
    Dec 22 - Finally, someone at HP (Small Business store) answers the phone. The person apologizes and says the order is now fixed and it will ship overnight.
    Dec 23/24 - No 'Pre 2' or any communication from HP (Small Business store). Status still showing not shipped yet.
    Dec 24 - Called HP (Small Business store). Now they say, the phone did not ship because they did not have any left in the warehouse, but they should have them in stock in a couple of days.
    Dec 29 - Still have not received the 'Pre 2' or received any communicae from HP. The online 'order status' still shows 'not shipped'.

Back Ordered? Are they kidding? How many of these (Pre 2) did they actually make, 'fifty'? Is this how a professional company is run? Is HP doing everything they can to destroy whatever little is left of Palm? Absolutely unbelievable.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/31/2010 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Back Ordered? Are they kidding? How many of these (Pre 2) did they actually make, 'fifty'? Is this how a professional company is run? Is HP doing everything they can to destroy whatever little is left of Palm? Absolutely unbelievable.
    seems like it. or, they actually experienced some pre 2 demand, something (market demand, cool!) that could be a new situation for palm/hp
    Update to my friend's Pre 2 saga:

Dec 30 - Once again called HP (Small Business Store). Now the HP rep say's, that "the new stock is going thru product allocation" (whatever that means) and thus they currently do not have an estimated date for delivery or availability. The rep has promised to now email the updated 'status' on the 3rd of January 2011.

I'm begining to think they don't really want to sell any Pre 2s.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/30/2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Sorry for everyone's difficulties on getting the device. I had a pretty long wait time as well and let me just say it was completely worth it!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    good things come to those who wait... ( I know it is frustrating)

loving my pre2! first time webOS user, never looking back...

and like gladesmellzgood said, it is so worth the wait!!
    can't fix stupid...
    I ordered mine on Dec 21st, and it showed back ordered until Jan 19th.
    how long did it take you to get approved after you sent in your excel spreadsheet?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've had mine since the 7th of Dec. here is my timeline.

nov 18th; requested coupon

nov 19th; email from hp. your request for a discount coupon code has been received

nov 27th; email from hp with; with Palm2DevDeviceDiscountProgramTemplate

nov 28th; completed template

dec 03rd; received email from hp with coupon

got my pre2 the 7th.. overnight shipping
    Last edited by smorkin; 01/05/2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: sp
    can't fix stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Sorry for everyone's difficulties on getting the device. I had a pretty long wait time as well and let me just say it was completely worth it!
    really hope so canīt wait to get rid of the iphone4 and hear the questions "what the heck did you do and what kind of phone is THAT?"
    Quote Originally Posted by smorkin View Post
    I've had mine since the 7th of Dec. here is my timeline.

nov 18th; requested coupon

nov 19th; email from hp. your request for a discount coupon code has been received

nov 27th; email from hp with; with Palm2DevDeviceDiscountProgramTemplate

nov 28th; competed template

dec 03rd; received email from hp with coupon

got my pre2 the 7th.. overnight shipping
    Wow! My dates are exactly the same except I got my coupon on the 4th. That and it took a while to get the device because the order number issue at HP. Then my brother taking forever to get the phone to me in Afghanistan. It was definitely worth the wait though. The whole process was over a month for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by liero View Post
    Sure did...Ordered on the 22nd and complained on the 27th since the store showed this (and still does):

They've given me free shipping but say their warehouses could receive stock anytime between today and the end of the month.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Update to the 'Pre 2' purchase from HP saga.

Jan 03 - Called HP (Small Business Store). They now claim that they now have the Pre 2 in stock but have no idea when they will start shipping out.
    Jan 05 - Called HP again. This time the person said that the phone is back ordered and in all likelihood they won't have any stocks until atleast the end of January. Seems like the customer service reps. say whatever it is that comes to their mind.
    What makes this worse, is that the HP site claims the Pre 2 is in stock and "ships within 24 hrs". They are still taking orders for the phone with no warning to the customer that they will not be receiving the phone any time soon. Upon mentioning this to the customer service rep. he simply said that there is a problem with their website. For an IT company to be even saying this, let alone be in this state is quite pathetic.

The manner in which HP does business get's murkier by the day. If this is how they handle their business with business partners, after all that's what small business's are, then one can only imagine how they deal with regular retail customers. Bottom line is, I have been a long time loyal Palm supporter, ever since they first acquired Handspring, but it is getting increasingly difficult to stick around to support this kind of total disdain for the customers.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 01/05/2011 at 03:59 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    How do you "have them in stock," but yet not know when they will ship out??
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    How do you "have them in stock," but yet not know when they will ship out??
    Beats me.

I just got an update that 600 units arrived in the warehouse and will be available next week.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on 1/1 and I hope to get it 1/8 or 1/10. It will be my first webOS device so I am looking forward to trying it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    I ordered mine on 1/1 and I hope to get it 1/8 or 1/10. It will be my first webOS device so I am looking forward to trying it out.
    How can you be so sure? My friend ordered his on December 15th and he is being told that it will be atleast a couple of weeks more before he can expect to get it.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast