Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I applied 11/18 morning, got my code today.
    Wow so almost a month, maybe that's why they put the June end date on the coupon
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I sent an email to HP for the developer coupon and was told it was only for the US. Is there some way I can get it in Canada. Any Canadians succeed?
    I don't have a US credit card or address.
    You can have somebody in the US order it and ship it to you.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy1980 View Post
    Hmm how long is it taking for most people from start to finish? I got the initial email, then about 4 days later the "Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program. Your request for a discount coupon code has been received and has been submitted for review." and it's been 5 days and nothing.... have some ideas for some apps I'd like to get cranking on but really want to test on actual hardware.......
    I got mine taken care of in about 2 weeks... but I was informed it is because I'm a "known developer" and they're giving known devs priority.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    I would think that getting someone in the US to order it and ship it to you may not be legal.
    I finally got my coupon last night and my Pre 2 was shipped free with overnight shipping, it'll be in my hands tomorrow by 10:30 am
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 12/15/2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I finally got my coupon last night and my Pre 2 was shipped free with overnight shipping, it'll be in my hands tomorrow by 10:30 am
    I hope you enjoy it. Believe me, it is definitely top-notch. I just wish that was the original Pre. Especially if they'd pulled off a high end processor at the time (i.e. 700MHz+) coupled with 512MB RAM, Gorilla Glass, matte finish, etc. They'd easily have sold several million with a decent marketing campaign.
    Arthur Thornton

To give an idea, im someone just starting to come into developing. So im unknown and probably lower on the list to get a coupon.

It took them a week to get back to me asking name, company, apps, etc.
    Took them only a day once they had my information to get the me the coupon.
    Its been a week and still hasnt been shipped. So i have no idea how long that is going to take .

Then again maybe i was just lucky and got taken care of quickly haha.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    To give an idea, im someone just starting to come into developing. So im unknown and probably lower on the list to get a coupon.

It took them a week to get back to me asking name, company, apps, etc.
    Took them only a day once they had my information to get the me the coupon.
    Its been a week and still hasnt been shipped. So i have no idea how long that is going to take .

Then again maybe i was just lucky and got taken care of quickly haha.
    Call HP support. They have a product ID mismatch in their inventory system and online ordering systems.

That means you must call them and have it straightened out. I posted about this several pages back and I have the number in there as well.
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I would think that getting someone in the US to order it and ship it to you may not be legal.
    And why would it not be legal?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I submitted the requested information including that my original pre is broken (and it is) to get a coupon, but haven't heard anything back. How long does it take then once you turn in your developer information?
    Please close this thread, I'm getting jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    I submitted the requested information including that my original pre is broken (and it is) to get a coupon, but haven't heard anything back. How long does it take then once you turn in your developer information?
    Read above

It took me a week to get mine.
    Arthur Thornton

Thank you.
    It took me about 3 weeks to get the code, from the moment I submitted the request to the moment I received the code, which was Tuesday...
    I hope I get free overnight shipping...
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Call HP support. They have a product ID mismatch in their inventory system and online ordering systems.

That means you must call them and have it straightened out. I posted about this several pages back and I have the number in there as well.
    *Sigh* i hate calling people haha.
    EDIT: I figure anyone that gets the glitch gets free overnight shipping. I called and was just upgraded to it as well. Sad i could have had my pre 2 a couple of days ago , just makes the wait that much worse.
    Last edited by Rei VI; 12/16/2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    *Sigh* i hate calling people haha.
    EDIT: I figure anyone that gets the glitch gets free overnight shipping. I called and was just upgraded to it as well. Sad i could have had my pre 2 a couple of days ago , just makes the wait that much worse.
    Oh, I agree. I thought maybe they'd shipped it and not updated the site, but when I didn't get any indication 5 days after ordering, I emailed support. Two days later (after their 48 hour window for responding expired), I called them and got the info that I posted here. I also got free overnight shipping, but I was near the point of yelling at somebody there because they ignored my email. But in the end, I got my Pre2 and I've had it for 6 days now and I'm extremely happy with it (I just wish Sprint carried it or that the Pre2 was the original Sprint Pre, because it is 100 times better than the Pre).
    Arthur Thornton

Did anyone notice the label on the end of your Pre2 box and does it match to your order?

I just noticed this and the label does not match my username, PO or receipt number. I ordered mine on 12/9 and label shows order date of 11/24/

Should I be worried this is an already activated return?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
    Did anyone notice the label on the end of your Pre2 box and does it match to your order?

I just noticed this and the label does not match my username, PO or receipt number. I ordered mine on 12/9 and label shows order date of 11/24/

Should I be worried this is an already activated return?
    Mine shows the same, but it looks to just be some odd thing they had in the warehouse. It isn't an activated return (or even a return), as you purchased a new phone.
    Arthur Thornton

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast