Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puny_parker04 View Post
    Hey guys, I got this email from Adela

"Dear Developer,

Thank you for your interest in our HP Palm Developer Device Discount Program.

In response to your request, we are pleased to announce that this program is now available to qualified U.S. developers. It provides a $200.00 discount toward the purchase of an unlocked UMTS version of the new Palm Pre 2 smartphone.

In order to be qualified, I will first need some basic information from you. I have attached an Excel spreadsheet for you to complete. Simply enter the requested information and return the completed file as soon as possible.

Once qualified, we will send you a discount coupon code which will be sent to you via email along with instructions on where to purchase the phone. The coupon code will be valid until June 30, 2011, is non-transferable and will be good for the purchase of one device only, while supplies last.

To learn more about the HP Palm Developer Device Discount Program, visit the Developer Portal at: http://developer.palm.com/devdevices.html.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

I look forward to working with you.

Best regards,

Adela Gildo-Mazzon
    HP Palm
    Developer Relations"

I clicked reply, attached the completed Excel sheet, and clicked send. Do I just wait now?...Was I supposed to send it to another email?...thanks guys, and how do I add a pic to my forum profile?...
    First off, WELCOME!!!

All you have to do now is wait for the email with your code in it. I guess you could email them back in a week or so if you haven't heard anything.

In order to post pictures or links, you need ten post on this forum. Until then, you won't be able to.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    @ puny parker

Yep, you did right. Now just wait.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Hp has the wrong item # on the order form, the system doesn't recognize it so it just sits there until you call with your order # and they change it manually-

If you have already ordered using the dev coupon, call so they can change it (and upgrade your shipping!)

From email order confirmation
    Item# Mfg Part#/Description
    3528344 FB324AA#ABA Palm Pre 2 unlocked
    -------------------------------------------
    From order status after phone call
    Item# MFG Part# Line Description
    1490650 FB324AA#ABA 002 Palm Pre 2 unlocked
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    btw, if you use ATT gophone with the pre2, I ran in the issue where I had to load the minutes through the E-Pin they give you. You can do that by calling customer service while the phone is unactivated.

No minutes = no 3g = no activation
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Thanks for the welcome and for the help!...I'm very happy to be forming part of this remnant of palm faithfuls...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    btw, if you use ATT gophone with the pre2, I ran in the issue where I had to load the minutes through the E-Pin they give you. You can do that by calling customer service while the phone is unactivated.

No minutes = no 3g = no activation
    So, the Pre2 can be used with an AT&T GoPhone SIM? What do I need to do to get it working?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    So, the Pre2 can be used with an AT&T GoPhone SIM? What do I need to do to get it working?
    Activate the sim and have data added BEFORE you put it in your Pre2 and it should activate fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I feel kind of stuck by in limbo right now. I sent them my first email almost three weeks ago. I need some help on what to do now. Here is the thread:

Chris Bizzell to PDC - Nov 21

I am contacting you to ask you for one of your Developer Device Coupons. I recently signed up for the Developer program and am looking to get a device to help when I start developing. Thank you so much in advance!

-Chris Bizzell

-----

PDC to me - Nov 23
    Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program. Your request for a discount coupon code has been received and has been submitted for review.

Best regards,

HP Palm Developer Relations Team

--------

Chris Bizzell to PDC - Nov 30 (11 days ago)

To whom it may concern,

I've taken the PreCentral forums and I feel I didn't thoroughly explain my intentions in my first e-mail. I may have come off as just another guy trying to get $200 off of a new phone. I've been playing around with Ares and it's ease of use is absolutely amazing. I've just getting into coding and programing and I would love to use your devices and WebOS as my starting point. Thank you so much and I can't wait to hear back from you.

Best Regards,
    Chris Bizzell

------

PDC to me - Dec 2 (9 days ago)

Thank you for your email, Chris. Be assured your request is in process and you will be contacted for additional information. We appreciate your enthusiasm for our product and your continued patience as we review and process the requests.

Best regards,

HP Palm Developer Relations Team

-----------

Should I wait or send them another e-mail/call them? I'm getting really anxious about my coupon code/new device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzell View Post
    Should I wait or send them another e-mail/call them? I'm getting really anxious about my coupon code/new device.
    Just wait. They have over a thousand of these requests and they have yours, twice.

They'll get a response to you and they'll process your request as fast as they can. They'll probably be working extremely hard next week on these, as they only have 9 more work days left this year (and some only have 8 work days left for the year, as they're leaving on the 23rd).

If you send more emails, I'm sure they'll just put you on a separate list -- where you either don't get a Pre2 coupon, or you are listed as a "last person to get a response" person.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Has anyone else seen that people have started putting $200 off coupons on ebay? Jerk move, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Has anyone else seen that people have started putting $200 off coupons on ebay? Jerk move, in my opinion.
    Yes, and I've reported them to Chuq because that is against the coupon terms.

The codes are going to get rejected and hopefully they'll take legal action

Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Yes, and I've reported them to Chuq because that is against the coupon terms.

The codes are going to get rejected and hopefully they'll take legal action

I agree completely... although I am unsure what legal action can be taken. I do hope though that they will ban those individuals from participating in any future offers from Palm as well as ban them from the dev. forums if they have access.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I agree completely... although I am unsure what legal action can be taken. I do hope though that they will ban those individuals from participating in any future offers from Palm as well as ban them from the dev. forums if they have access.
    Well they could say that the people wrongly described their intentions and as such, Palm could sue them for damages (such as money that they had to pay employees that worked on that day). And if the coupon code is used, Palm could actually sue them for $200 for fraud.

Add in legal fees (attorneys, court filing fees, etc.) and it could be in the thousands.
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Well they could say that the people wrongly described their intentions and as such, Palm could sue them for damages (such as money that they had to pay employees that worked on that day). And if the coupon code is used, Palm could actually sue them for $200 for fraud.

Add in legal fees (attorneys, court filing fees, etc.) and it could be in the thousands.
    Yes, but it would just be an exercise in "example making" at best. Palm has made the process as open as possible to attract even new devs, and as such would certainly bear some level of responsibility for releasing the coupons under such loose screening criteria.

Unfortunately it is the cost of doing business. It's equally unfortunate that some at the dev day who received free Pre 2's have resorted to selling them on e-bay.
    Yes, but it would just be an exercise in "example making" at best. Palm has made the process as open as possible to attract even new devs, and as such would certainly bear some level of responsibility for releasing the coupons under such loose screening criteria.

Unfortunately it is the cost of doing business. It's equally unfortunate that some at the dev day who received free Pre 2's have resorted to selling them on e-bay.
    But what I'm saying is that the coupon program terms say they are non-transferable and if the sellers didn't tell palm they intended to sell the coupons, it is fraud.

Arthur Thornton

Yeah a hand full of them were trying to recoup their traveling expenses. Since practically the whole thing was recorded and posted on developer.palm.com and hell I've submitted an app on those presentations so there was really not a need to kill yourself going there.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Every one I see on ebay makes me wanna break stuff for legit developers like me are waiting a long time still for theirs.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    Hp has the wrong item # on the order form, the system doesn't recognize it so it just sits there until you call with your order # and they change it manually-
    Thanks for the post!

I wondered why I could not get a tracking number for my order on 12/9.
    Called and they are correcting it and sending via overnight shipping.
    Mine came in less than one business day (delivered at 2 this afternoon) after I got the order glitch straitened out. I called on Friday night at about 5 or 6 est so they had the weekend to get it to me but the turn around time was excellent. Good luck to all those still waiting.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Got mine today and it is fast, looks like apps are just waiting for a touch to get opened