Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I will need to go check an email I received from one of the team. Eventhough the program is active till the end of June, the coupon was only supposed to be good for 7 days from it's creation. They may have changed it but I will find and post that part of the email. (but not till tomorrow morning).
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 12/09/2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Correct broken quote
    Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    So is it valid for 7 days or until June 30?
    Who want to wait after getting the coupon till 30 June to order
    I got an email on Monday saying I should get my coupon in a day or two.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Just a note to everyone:

I had to call support as well, and I was informed there had been a "system glitch" with my order. I know it wasn't just mine because this has happened to a couple people here.

I recommend that you all check the order status a business day or two after you order and if it hasn't shipped then you need to call CS (+1-800-888-5858 Option 4) and get them to correct the order.

I was told mine will be "upgraded to overnight shipping" and I should "receive it tomorrow."

EDIT: And mine has shipped. Thanks TTB for the recommendation of calling CS. I would have done that around now (having been 48 hours after emailing them without reply), but it probably wouldn't have been in the mail, so to speak, in time for delivery tomorrow.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 12/09/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Every email and poster has said Jne 30th. I'd go with that one.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using
    I will need to go check an email I received from one of the team. Eventhough the program is active till the end of June, the coupon was only supposed to be good for 7 days from it's creation. They may have changed it but I will find and post that part of the email. (but not till tomorrow morning).
    I was told by Adela (the person who handled the verification stuff) that it would be good for 7 days. I was told by Sue (the person who sent me the coupon code) that the code is valid until June 30 2011.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 12/09/2010 at 02:06 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    So is it valid for 7 days or until June 30?
    When you place your order, the fine print says:

E-coupon code:
    Pre2-*******
    Save $200 on the unlocked UMTS version of the Palm Pre 2 available on the HP SMB online store starting November 18 2010 through June 30 2011. Discount is available to HP webOS developers only. Each coupon code is valid for the purchase of one device. The coupon codes are valid for one week after issue date, they are non-transferable and must be provided and redeemed at time of order, while supplies last. Coupon codes are not valid anywhere but the HP SMB online store, for any products intended for resale or OEM activity as defined by HP, on employee purchase programs, retroactively on previously purchased items, or cash redemption. Subject to program and pricing changes without notice. HP reserves the right to qualify purchasers as developers.

If you're planning on waiting, it would be worth a phone call to confirm..!
    The coupon program is good through June 30 2011 but each coupon issued will expire 1 week after issued.

If somehow you get the code and just couldntt get the order done, I don't see why they cannot giver you another for they can tell if they were redeemed or expired.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Interesting.

I just got an email from Palm/HP, in response to an email i sent them a few weeks back, asking about the status of the Pre 2 Developer Program outside the USA.

Here's something from the reply:
    Do you have a US address shipping address and a US credit card?

I would encourage you to complete the form regardless, there might be some other programs available for you.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    I must say, i'm quite impressed with this person at HP/Palm, they're trying pretty hard to get me in on the developer program.

They're also making a pretty big deal about apps - like, hinting that my chances would be greatly improved if i could commit to releasing new apps within the next 2-3 months.

That 2-3 months thing keeps coming up in every email.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The coupon program is good through June 30 2011 but each coupon issued will expire 1 week after issued.
    no, it doesn't. read the e-mail which gives you the coupon code :

Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program. You have been qualified to receive a $200.00 discount toward the purchase of an unlocked UMTS Palm Pre 2 smartphone. Your coupon code to receive this discount is listed below:

Coupon Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This code is valid until June 30, 2011, is non-transferable and good for one device only, while supplies last. To redeem this coupon and purchase your Palm Pre 2 smartphone, please visit:
    Just got my coupon today. Im SO excited.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    This is what the email with the coupon states:

Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program. You have been qualified to receive a $200.00 discount toward the purchase of an unlocked UMTS Palm Pre 2 smartphone. Your coupon code to receive this discount is listed below:

Coupon Code: Pre2-XXXX-YYYY-XXXX

This code is valid until June 30, 2011, is non-transferable and good for one device only, while supplies last. To redeem this coupon and purchase your Palm Pre 2 smartphone, please visit:
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This is what the email with the coupon states:
    and this is what the follow up email stated:

Once qualified, the discount coupon code will be sent to you via email along with instructions on where to purchase the phone. The coupon code will be valid for 7 days, is non-transferable and will be good for the purchase of one device only, while supplies last.
    It sounds like they may be using different templates for the emails.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    and this is what the follow up email stated:
    Once qualified, the discount coupon code will be sent to you via email along with instructions on where to purchase the phone. The coupon code will be valid for 7 days, is non-transferable and will be good for the purchase of one device only, while supplies last.
    It sounds like they may be using different templates for the emails.
    The quote you are referring to is not from a 'follow up' email, rather it is one that 'precedes' the coupon and only if and after you qualify. The "template" I have quoted in my post, is part of the email containing the actual 'coupon'. Thus, even if it is in error, HP is at the least, ethically bound to stand by it.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/10/2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The quote you are referring to is not from a 'follow up' email, rather it is one that 'precedes' the coupon and only if and after you qualify. The "template" I have quoted in my post is the one that is part of the email containing the actual 'coupon'. Thus, even if it is in error, HP is at the least, ethically bound to stand by it.
    Okay... the first email everyone gets says...

Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program. Your request for a discount coupon code has been received and you will hear from us shortly.
    The second email is a follow up email asking for more information and says this...

Dear Developer-

We are pleased to announce that the HP Palm Developer Device Program now provides qualified, U.S. developers with a $200.00 discount toward the purchase of an unlocked, UMTS version of the new Palm Pre 2 smartphone.

To participate in the program, please respond to this email and provide the following information:

Company name:
    Name of the person receiving the device:
    Coding language used:
    Existing apps, if any:

To learn more about the HP Palm Developer Device Program, visit the Developer Portal at: http://developer.palm.com/devdevices.html

Thank you for your interest in the HP Palm Developer Device Program!
    The other emails I have are not cookie cutter like the first two and discuss a number of things with the individual who contacted me, but do in fact confirm I am qualified and will recieve a code. I made clear that I wasn't in a hurry since I purchased a Pre 2 retail when it became available the morning of 11/18. So, I'm not worried about it.

I don't think it really matters whether we agree that email #2 is a follow up email or not. The point is that official company correspondence and published terms appear to differ in the various communication media (ie. email #2, coupon code email, and fine print when placing order). I am sure they will honor whatever commitments they have made, it would just be nice if it all was consistent so there wouldn't be any question.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Just a note to everyone:

I had to call support as well, and I was informed there had been a "system glitch" with my order. I know it wasn't just mine because this has happened to a couple people here.

I recommend that you all check the order status a business day or two after you order and if it hasn't shipped then you need to call CS (+1-800-888-5858 Option 4) and get them to correct the order.

I was told mine will be "upgraded to overnight shipping" and I should "receive it tomorrow."

EDIT: And mine has shipped. Thanks TTB for the recommendation of calling CS. I would have done that around now (having been 48 hours after emailing them without reply), but it probably wouldn't have been in the mail, so to speak, in time for delivery tomorrow.
    Thanks
    They replied me the same and said it will ship today and upgraded to over night shipping
    Just got an email saying that I should receive my coupon tonight.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    Thanks
    They replied me the same and said it will ship today and upgraded to over night shipping
    I just called and had the same glich that places a hold on the order. Everyone who ordered should call the number listed above and double check. 18008885858 option 4. Have your order number ready. It only takes about 3 minutes to fix it. Call early enough and the phone should go out the same day.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Just got my phone, now to venture to an ATT store to get a SIM card
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Hey guys, I got this email from Adela

"Dear Developer,

Thank you for your interest in our HP Palm Developer Device Discount Program.

In response to your request, we are pleased to announce that this program is now available to qualified U.S. developers. It provides a $200.00 discount toward the purchase of an unlocked UMTS version of the new Palm Pre 2 smartphone.

In order to be qualified, I will first need some basic information from you. I have attached an Excel spreadsheet for you to complete. Simply enter the requested information and return the completed file as soon as possible.

Once qualified, we will send you a discount coupon code which will be sent to you via email along with instructions on where to purchase the phone. The coupon code will be valid until June 30, 2011, is non-transferable and will be good for the purchase of one device only, while supplies last.

To learn more about the HP Palm Developer Device Discount Program, visit the Developer Portal at: http://developer.palm.com/devdevices.html.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

I look forward to working with you.

Best regards,

Adela Gildo-Mazzon
    HP Palm
    Developer Relations"

I clicked reply, attached the completed Excel sheet, and clicked send. Do I just wait now?...Was I supposed to send it to another email?...thanks guys, and how do I add a pic to my forum profile?...
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast