Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 209
  1. #21  
    Is this only USA or world wide?.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Is this only USA or world wide?.
    USA only.

    -- Rod
  3. zepnik's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #23  
    The US UMTS version is less useful at european networks.
    Pilot 1000> Palm Pilot Personal> Palm III >Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm m505> Palm m515> Tungsten T> Tungsten T2> Tungsten T3> Treo 680> Palm Pre> Pre2> Pre3+Touchpad 32GB
  4. #24  
    My friend received the following email on Tuesday, 30th November, in response to his email requesting the developer coupon.
    Hi XYZ,

    I have approved you for a coupon and will be submitting your name to our processing center. The center processes requests and then distributes the coupons. You should have the coupon by the end of the week. Please let me know if it does not arrive.

    Thank you,

    Adam Danielski
    Developer Relations - HP | Palm, Inc
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    My friend received the following email on Tuesday, 30th November, in response to his email requesting the developer coupon.
    When did your friend submit their request? I'm curious how deep the queue is. I emailed Monday and got a note yesterday saying my request was received and will be submitted for review.
  6. #26  
    It took them a little over a week for them just to give me the "request was received and will be submitted for review". I just barley got it the other day.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  7. #27  
    I got my coupon yesterday and ordered Palm Pre 2 right then. Hope to get it tomorrow.
  8. #28  
    I'm still waiting too. I received a call from HP Palm Developer about two weeks ago and I was told I should receive the coupon last week. I'm still waiting...kudos for those that received them.
  9. #29  
    I sent my request in on the 19th or 20th (if I remember correctly) and got a response with an Excel spreadsheet to fill out on the 27th. I filled out the spreadsheet and replied later that night, but never got a response. I sent the email again today and I just got a response to a question included in my email (what the actual expiration is, because they say the coupon expires in 7 days, the site says June 2011; turns out the promotion ends June 2011 and the coupon expires in 7 days). No confirmation of approval and no coupon code yet, but I'm hoping my code comes in soon.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I sent my request in on the 19th or 20th (if I remember correctly) and got a response with an Excel spreadsheet to fill out on the 27th. I filled out the spreadsheet and replied later that night, but never got a response. I sent the email again today and I just got a response to a question included in my email (what the actual expiration is, because they say the coupon expires in 7 days, the site says June 2011; turns out the promotion ends June 2011 and the coupon expires in 7 days). No confirmation of approval and no coupon code yet, but I'm hoping my code comes in soon.
    I got approved, got my coupon code, and ordered my Pre2. I thought about Fedex Priority Overnight ($9.24) since it says something about Saturday delivery, but I decided against it and went with UPS 2 day for just under $268 (Pre2, tax, and shipping). I'll be seeing it on Monday hopefully
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  11. gcastell01's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #31  
    I sent an e-mail the day the program was announced. Then a couple weeks later I got the e-mail with a excel spreadsheet asking for any apps I have in the palm catalog as well as what I am planning. Then last week Adela called me. I assume I should be getting a coupon any time soon?
  12. #32  
    Expiration date is set way long into 2011, so do not worry. I was told that I will get it this week and got it (at least the coupon that it)
  13. #33  
    I went for overnight. Was supped to ship today but so far I did not get an email about it. Hope to see it this week.
  14. #34  
    Is anyone else noticing the low post count on some of our new Pre 2 dev coupon recipients? I hope this simply means that HPalm's generosity has in fact opened the flood gates of all those new developers.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    When did your friend submit their request? I'm curious how deep the queue is. I emailed Monday and got a note yesterday saying my request was received and will be submitted for review.
    My friend sent his request on Tuesday, November 30 around 1:00 PM and he received the reply an hour later at around 2:00 PM. He is still waiting to receive the coupon though.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Is anyone else noticing the low post count on some of our new Pre 2 dev coupon recipients? I hope this simply means that HPalm's generosity has in fact opened the flood gates of all those new developers.
    Hopefully that doesn't hinder established developers from getting their devices...
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Hopefully that doesn't hinder established developers from getting their devices...
    I agree. Hopefully not. TIme will tell.

    Palm could have limited it to people who have a proven and verifiable history with the WebOS community and or development track record, but they didn't. With it being an active program until June 2011 I suspect all legitimate devs and WebOS support type folks will get a discounted device.

    It just stinks for many of our well known devs don't have their coupons yet but some very new people (to this site at least) appear to have theirs.

    I also hope that the June 2011 date means we will need a different device to develop on around that time.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I agree. Hopefully not. TIme will tell.

    Palm could have limited it to people who have a proven and verifiable history with the WebOS community and or development track record, but they didn't. With it being an active program until June 2011 I suspect all legitimate devs and WebOS support type folks will get a discounted device.

    It just stinks for many of our well known devs don't have their coupons yet but some very new people (to this site at least) appear to have theirs.

    I also hope that the June 2011 date means we will need a different device to develop on around that time.
    Could be the opening the floodgate is an attempt to campaign for new developers to build on webos??? Its being thought the Pre2 will be the nexus one for webos 2.0 after all right.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  19. #39  
    I agree. I think Pre 2 was made for developers mainly. New devices are coming for consumers and development device from Palm is long overdue...
    Last edited by bklaydman; 12/03/2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bklaydman View Post
    I agree. I think Pre 2 was maid for developers mainly. New devices are coming for consumers and development device from Palm is long overdue...
    I see you are very new to the forums. Welcome! What "maid" you come around Pre Central? Have you used WebOS before on a Pre or Pixi? Are you a developer on Android or iOS?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions