Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Your theory is incorrect. They do have warehouses and they do have them in stock. I know because mine came from one of their US warehouses. The reason the business site has them out of stock or on backorder for a while is that they expected more sales to consumers than business users. The contract they had with the manufacturer probably required a hundred thousand or more units to be manufactured and sold to HP.

With the custom configured laptops/desktops, they do indeed manufacture those in China and send them out -- hence the "Ships in # weeks/days" message on the order page.
    Then why is the Windows Slate not available ? same theory ? Palm Pre2 might be a limited release.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Then why is the Windows Slate not available ? same theory ? Palm Pre2 might be a limited release.
    Nobody why the HP slate is having shipping issues but HP. But I know for a fact they have warehouses in the USA. I know this for a fact because my Pre2 was shipped out of one such warehouse. I mentioned this in my post.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Nobody why the HP slate is having shipping issues but HP. But I know for a fact they have warehouses in the USA. I know this for a fact because my Pre2 was shipped out of one such warehouse. I mentioned this in my post.
    My Pre 2 shipped from Indianapolis. So they have a distribution center there. Received it today. Build quality is so much better than my Pre on Sprint. Going to AT&T to get a SIM card and activate the phone tomorrow.
    Guys, I have a major problem. I kept my Palm Pre 2 Developer Device Coupon in a folder along with all my other Palm related info. On Wednesday I deleted that folder without thinking. In other words, I deleted my coupon, it's gone. Is there anyone that I can call? Or am I basically screwed? I don't have the email either, If I did, then I'd still have the coupon. This is horrible, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Isn't the Pre 2 now free for all developers?
    No, only "qualified" developers.
    I would send email to pdc@palm.com explaining the issue. Since it's a real person who <eventially> processes each email, I'm sure someone can help reissue since they have your NDA/agreement on file.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    I guess I'll try that. Thanks.
    hi, can anyone can help me how to get the Hp developers coupon for palm pre 2. thanks
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011