1.    #1  
    Does webOS 2.0 still have mediasync for iTunes?

thanks!
    media sync for latest version of iTunes will not work directly. There are other ways to sync with iTunes such as Media Monkey, etc.

I assume HP will address music syncing with their own product in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Does webOS 2.0 still have mediasync for iTunes?

thanks!
    Nope, the mediasync option appears to be removed from WebOS 2.0.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Nope, the mediasync option appears to be removed from WebOS 2.0.
    It should be in device info in the menu

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Meh, I don't use that bloated piece of junk anyways. DoubleTwist works much better in Windows without hogging all your resources.
    I never did figure out that whole media sync thing. Guess I'm just more comfortable with the old click, drag, & drop.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Ya...you need to give up on the 'itunes dream'...apple won't let it happen & palm was forced to leave it be. I'm sure they're working on their on HP Palm solution
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    It should be in device info in the menu

Yep, I knew where to look. It isn't there any more. It is still in 1.4.5 but not on the Pre 2 in 2.0.1

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    media sync for latest version of iTunes will not work directly. There are other ways to sync with iTunes such as Media Monkey, etc.

I assume HP will address music syncing with their own product in the future.
    Ive kept the old itunes 9.01 to sync with my Pre. Thing is I use a mac and itunes does what need it to. I have an ipod so its easy to have all my music the same on my pre and other devices(playlists, etc etc)

Drag and drop is cool, but its a hassle with creating playlists
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yep, I knew where to look. It isn't there any more. It is still in 1.4.5 but not on the Pre 2 in 2.0.1

That sucks they took it out. I wished they kept it although they would not support it anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    That sucks they took it out. I wished they kept it although they would not support it anymore
    Good news is doubletwist detects, and syncs with the Pre in mass storage mode. Syncing with CrapTunes, searching media, buying songs from Amazon and creating syncable playlists are work perfectly. It's my new music app replacing Rhapsody which also worked great but has a yearly sub.

I'm told Songbird works really well too
    Playlists work? As in Doubletwist finds my Itunes playlists, I sync and it works? That would be great!

I currently have to put all the music in a single file and make sure the playlist is there too using a playlist editor.
    Itunes sucks I can't stand it I use tokema for media stuff it's a japanese only app but that's not an issue for me...

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I like itunes and I don't get why apple doesn't let any device use their software. They would make lots more money then they already have...

Sent from my Droid because I don't have a web is device yet...
    GoGadget or Salling Media Sync on Mac. Easy, and both affordable.
    Quote Originally Posted by beez1717 View Post
    I like itunes and I don't get why apple doesn't let any device use their software. They would make lots more money then they already have...
    Not really. They'd sell more songs, sure, but they'd sell less iPods, and the latter is a bigger concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    Not really. They'd sell more songs, sure, but they'd sell less iPods, and the latter is a bigger concern.
    Hmmm, generally a company has a significantly higher profit margin in sales of soft goods, since there is no shipping, handling, warehousing, shrinkage due to damaged goods and manufacturing processes etc. So the digital downloads would be significantly more profitable than hardware sales and require less support.

It may simply be a result of where they started with DRM protected music and just haven't bothered to change the business model. Not to mention the additional support issues that could result from people attempting to use non-apple devices with iTunes.
    Typo lad is right. Apple always said (and the reg reported many times) that they are running the itunes store just above the profit margin. They make money by selling hardware. Look at their financial reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by maajka View Post
    Typo lad is right. Apple always said (and the reg reported many times) that they are running the itunes store just above the profit margin. They make money by selling hardware. Look at their financial reports.
    Particularly considering the cost of their content delivery network is probably in the hundreds of millions annually (if not quarterly). That alone cuts deeply into the profits.

Add in the fact that with iTunes, there is no DRM and you are free to use it on 5 devices (IIRC).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Add in the fact that with iTunes, there is no DRM and you are free to use it on 5 devices (IIRC).
    That has only been a fact in recent times (not sure when it changed but in the last few years). I have a lot of iTunes music that I can only play in iTunes or on iPods unless I burn them to CD's and then rip them back to the format of my choosing.

I am curious now about profits from iTunes vs. Hardware sales.... somebody come up with some numbers and sources. This could be interesting.