Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I'm pretty unfamiliar with GSM phones-- is there a way I can get out of the initial "Insert SIM" message/SOS only mode to use WebOS2 with wifi, etc? I want to use it as a PDA/mp3 player until the sprint radio transplant gets worked out.
  2. #2  
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

    Not sure if this works for the 2 though.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool2 View Post
    I'm pretty unfamiliar with GSM phones-- is there a way I can get out of the initial "Insert SIM" message/SOS only mode to use WebOS2 with wifi, etc? I want to use it as a PDA/mp3 player until the sprint radio transplant gets worked out.
    There is a better way to do this... I am doing it.

    Use a friends active SIM from AT&T or T-Mobile to activate it, then put a non-active SIM in to use it on wifi and as a pda, mp3, media player etc. This way you will have access to the US app catalog.

    If you don't have a friend with an active SIM from one of those carriers, just go to an AT&T store and ask if you can use one of the SIMs from their demo phones to activate your Pre 2. That is what I did, they were happy just to see the Pre 2 in action. I created a new profile so I could keep my old one on my current Sprint Pre minus.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    Activation bypass doesn't work... I think I might need 2.0 SDK (I get Error: missing resource images/nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage)

    I'll probably hit up my friend @ T-Mobile in the meantime for a sim card
  5. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    There is a better way to do this... I am doing it.

    Use a friends active SIM from AT&T or T-Mobile to activate it, then put a non-active SIM in to use it on wifi and as a pda, mp3, media player etc. This way you will have access to the US app catalog.

    If you don't have a friend with an active SIM from one of those carriers, just go to an AT&T store and ask if you can use one of the SIMs from their demo phones to activate your Pre 2. That is what I did, they were happy just to see the Pre 2 in action. I created a new profile so I could keep my old one on my current Sprint Pre minus.
    Or you could just turn it on without a SIM card after activation and all. Works anyway (at least on the pre plus).

    edit: not sure about whether the app catalog can be accessed though.
    Last edited by Fatfool; 11/22/2010 at 04:21 AM.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Or you could just turn it on without a SIM card after activation and all. Works anyway (at least on the pre plus).

    edit: not sure about whether the app catalog can be accessed though.
    Yep, tried it later and it works fine without the dummy sim. And yes, you can still access the app catalog over Wifi without it.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups

Posting Permissions