1.    #1  
    Quickoffice is in WebOS 2.0 as you have probably already seen in other places. I will give you a quick rundown on the four file types I tried.

Doc/Docx - no pinch to zoom, tap to zoom only

ppt/pptx - pinch to zoom inside the slide area (not the whole screen) and free scrolling while zoomed, but the file I tried had a drawing that did not come through properly.

xls/xlsx - no pinch to zoom, tap to zoom only. It appears to be fairly feature rich with a dropdown in the title bar for other sheets/tabs that are in the workbook. Also has a nice cell content feature where the selected cell shows up in a button at the bottom of the screen, you can tap it to see the full content of the cell including formulas if there are any.

pdf - pinch to zoom works as expected as does free scrolling

I am sure there are probably more features that might be present within the various doc types, I just didn't see them.

All in all, it is a work in progress. Hopefully good things will come.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Quickoffice is in WebOS 2.0 as you have probably already seen in other places. I will give you a quick rundown on the four file types I tried.

Doc/Docx - no pinch to zoom, tap to zoom only

ppt/pptx - pinch to zoom inside the slide area (not the whole screen) and free scrolling while zoomed, but the file I tried had a drawing that did not come through properly.

xls/xlsx - no pinch to zoom, tap to zoom only. It appears to be fairly feature rich with a dropdown in the title bar for other sheets/tabs that are in the workbook. Also has a nice cell content feature where the selected cell shows up in a button at the bottom of the screen, you can tap it to see the full content of the cell including formulas if there are any.

pdf - pinch to zoom works as expected as does free scrolling

I am sure there are probably more features that might be present within the various doc types, I just didn't see them.

All in all, it is a work in progress. Hopefully good things will come.
    Have you tried any of the syncing options such as Google Docs and Dropbox?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Have you tried any of the syncing options such as Google Docs and Dropbox?
    Oh Yeah... almost forgot. I added my Google Docs account and it connected and opened docs without a hitch. Of course without an edit feature, I will keep using Scratch word processor or Couldocs. It does have a Save As but for what?
    Oh Yeah... almost forgot. I added my Google Docs account and it connected and opened docs without a hitch. Of course without an edit feature, I will keep using Scratch word processor or Couldocs. It does have a Save As but for what?
    Maybe for saving a local copy? I'm not sure. Maybe that's there for when the paid addition comes in (the editor)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I will keep using Scratch word processor...
    Woo hoo!

Oh, and node.jsjsjs $local$ $file$ $I$/$O$ = $drool$.

/me will be very happy, and absurdly busy. I only wish Quickoffice was a core palm service, so things like document conversion could be called by anyone. (Maybe I'll play and see what I can finagle...)
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    Woo hoo!

Oh, and node.jsjsjs $local$ $file$ $I$/$O$ = $drool$.

/me will be very happy, and absurdly busy. I only wish Quickoffice was a core palm service, so things like document conversion could be called by anyone. (Maybe I'll play and see what I can finagle...)
    Oh, and Scratch works perfectly on 2.0 from what I have tried so far. Although I have the paid version on my Pre minus, I didn't re-buy it on my temp profile to check it out, so I am using the beta.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta