1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Just ordered a Pre 2 from the UK, will get it in the coming days per DHL.

I have 2 sim cards: One Luxembourg (LUXGSM) based and one Swiss (SWISSCOM) Based.

I'm pretty sure if I upon first use with a Swisscom card -> no paid apps

However, is Luxembourg a supported country? Would first use with a LUXGSM sim, while physically in Luxembourg do the trick?

Would appreciate your thoughts on that. I was not able to find any info in the forums re. Luxembourg. I did however see that LuxGSM used to carry the Pre Plus...

Thanks, William
  2.    #3  
    Thanks Guys,

That was a lot of reading.... but good info.

Will take the Pre 2 to Germany and will fire it up for the first time with a German Sim in Germany on a German network, with a German e-mail address and German Language settings. I'm there on a weekly basis, so that looks like my safest bet. Amen!

Great Forum, Thanks again!
    beside of that you also need a German Visa- or MasterCard. Looks there is no way around in order to buy apps. They insist on those German Euros.
  4.    #5  
    Hmm, interesting!

I guess I'll need to figure that one out as well then... Any tips? Opening a bank account in Germany, getting a German Visa card sounds a little ridiculous to purchase apps....

Cheers, W.
  5.    #6  
    Wirecard - the virtual Mastercard....

Will read up on this, thanks GuyFromNam
    me to I will read on it, thank you very much GfN. I really would like to be able to buy apps. I specify, no weird things, nothing embarassing, I just liked to buy apps.