Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1st off Congrats to the master-mind Rod Whitby for finally getting the pre 2 up & running on sprint. We all knew you could do it. It was just a matter of time. Personally I think you should be hired to work directly for them, even if you are in another country. You & Jason both desrve high paying salaries. Thanks from all you're loyal fans here at Precentral.

Palm Pre 2 hacked onto Sprint | PreCentral.net
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/20/2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: PM a mod to change titles instead of making new threads please.
    +1
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    agree, a great day for the Homebrew community big ups to Rod.
    I guess that's the only way I am going to use a pre 2 on Sprint.
    I thought I saw in the SFR doctor the CDMA ROM has been zeroed-out? Was a retrofit necessary or it was included back into the US unlocked Doctor?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I thought I saw in the SFR doctor the CDMA ROM has been zeroed-out? Was a retrofit necessary or it was included back into the US unlocked Doctor?
    It isn't included in either.

I believe what he did was disable modem flashing when he made the meta-doctor.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    He pulled the necessary CDMA stuff from the Sprint 1.4.5 Dr.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    They also already have Preware running on the Pre 2.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    They also already have Preware running on the Pre 2.
    Yep, I had it on mine last night. Rod had tweeted the instructions earlier in the day.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROD!!!! YOU ARE ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WEBOS ROCKS!!! YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GET BONUSES FROM HP/PALM!!!!

People like you is what makes us WEBOS lovers so fascinated with this platform and its possibilities.

Keep up the good work!!
    frankenPre2 isn't the right name is it? I thought it would be Son of FrankenPre. Or even BRIDE because it is two phones becoming one.

congrats!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 11/21/2010 at 02:12 PM.
    were is the guide for doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    frankenPre2 isn't the right name is it? I thought it would be Son of FrankenPee. Or even BRIDE because it is two phones becoming one.

congrats!
    I don't want a phone named FrankenPee, I think Pixi is bad enough
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    were is the guide for doing this?
    I think right now it's only Rod's POC, not ready for the faint of heart.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    For those who know what they are doing, here is the synopsis:

1) Unpack a Sprint 1.4.5 doctor to extract the sprint.tar carrier customisations.

2) Use the Show Properties app in Preware to extract your tokens.

3) Use the MetaDoctor to combine the WR 2.0.0 doctor with CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL pointing to the Sprint tar file and CUSTOM_XML pointing to your modified roadrunner.xml file (these options are specifically not documented at this time, since they are for experts only).

4) Swap the phone backs (keep each comms board with its corresponding back - do not separate them)

5) Doctor the Pre 2 with your new custom 2.0 doctor with sprint carrier customisations and individual tokens.

6) Use a new Palm Profile when you activate it. Do not use an existing Palm Profile at this time.

Of course this procedure will void your warranty and wipe all data on the Pre 2, and potentially wipe all data on the Palm Profile which was previously associated with the comms board.

-- Rod
    can I do this with a sprint pre that isn't activated but was devicetool'd? I'd want to test it first with that before replacing my (much needed) reg. Sprint Pre.
    Does "at this time" mean you're working on it or that it's currently impossible? (re: the profiles)
    In my ignorance, I did this without the sprint.tar resources. I was able to get on, make calls, get data etc, but I couldn't send texts.

I am now rebuilding the doctor with the sprint.tar carrier customization and will report back...
    I got it up and running, but text messages are not working. They stay grayed out and never send. MMS seems to send (the phone thinks they are), but they are never received...
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast