Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Both Sprint Pre 2's profiles in my vicinity state the 9.9.9 version number. However, I have been able to find every app I've been looking for. Any particular app that's symptomatic of this condition?
    Check for Angry Birds.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Check for Angry Birds.

-- Rod
    Touché. Don't see it.
    So where is that 9.9.9 value pulled from?

Also, following my teardown I am assuming that swapping the back bezel and comm board should be all that is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    So where is that 9.9.9 value pulled from?

Also, following my teardown I am assuming that swapping the back bezel and comm board should be all that is needed.
    The 9.9.9 is an error value that is stored in your profile under certain circumstances. We don't know exactly why, but I assume it's when an inconsistency is detected.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yup. That's all you need.

Sorry for not having the tutorial up yet. I'm working on it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yup. That's all you need.

Sorry for not having the tutorial up yet. I'm working on it now.
    UPDATE! THE TUTORIAL WORKS GREAT!

Just follow the instructions.

With a good guide (which you have now) this is a doable thing for just about anyone with a decent mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow instructions.

Truthfully thinking back to the very first time I got the tools in place to possibly try a Sprint Pre Plus several months ago, the hardest part was setting up the virtual machine properly and getting everything installed that I needed. Using the guide in item 1 of my list will help.

UPDATE! I did it. Everything appears to be working fine. Good job Sirataxero and Rod.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 12/19/2010 at 08:38 AM.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Here ya go!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-guide.html

This MAY be a little haphazard, I was trying to get as much information as I could into it. I'll try to organize it a bit better as time goes on, please feel free to leave comments/suggestions!
    so lets say I want sprint navigation and tv... Theoretically I just have to add those to the appropriate directory inside the build and pack and voila?
    also while I'm still waiting on 2 phone, does anyone see any reason this exact doctor setup won't work to get webos 2.x installed on a plussed or reg pre? It seems logical that the carrier and model bypass on makefile should allow for it and the hardware should be supported. I don't see hp coming out with separate os builds when they upgrade the old pres to 2.x... Or am I wrong? I'm willing to try it...
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    also while I'm still waiting on 2 phone, does anyone see any reason this exact doctor setup won't work to get webos 2.x installed on a plussed or reg pre? It seems logical that the carrier and model bypass on makefile should allow for it and the hardware should be supported. I don't see hp coming out with separate os builds when they upgrade the old pres to 2.x... Or am I wrong? I'm willing to try it...
    Of course they will have a different OS build. The hardware is different, and therefore the kernel and other hardware-dependent binaries at least are different.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    so lets say I want sprint navigation and tv... Theoretically I just have to add those to the appropriate directory inside the build and pack and voila?
    I don't know the answer specifically, but I can tell you they don't work if you install them after the fact.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    No.

Sprint Nav and Sprint TV both have services on the device, which in 1.4.5 use Java. Java is out in 2.x, so even if you put the app and service in your 2.x doctor, you'll not be able to access Sprint Navigation or Sprint TV. You'll have to wait until a webOS 2.x doctor for the original Pre is out before you can get Sprint TV and Sprint Navigation on your newly 2'd Sprint Pre (but do not use that doctor on it, you need to copy it over and install the apps into your Sprint Pre 2)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Not all services in 1.4.5 are Java - most are C.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Not all services in 1.4.5 are Java - most are C.

-- Rod
    Yeah, I know. I thought I'd seen those services as being Java, though I just looked again, and it seems only Sprint Nav uses a service (which is C/C++), not Sprint TV (which apparently doesn't use a service, which is surprising for DRM reasons).

To those who want to use Sprint Nav or Sprint TV, you need to install the following IPKs:

com.telenav.*.ipk
    com.mobitv.*.ipk
    mobitv*.ipk

Keep in mind that you'll need to do some work for the TeleNav service before it will start up (because Palm changed their service management/jailing system in 2.0). Check out the way Preware does this.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567